• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Moly B and accuracy?

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
Have any shooters here heard of running a patch with Molybedunem down a barrel? I have tried this but never did any extensive testing with it but I have heard that it makes a difference in grouping especially at longer distances?

Re: Moly B and accuracy?

I use nothing but moly'd in my rifles, & I prep the bore with Midway's Moly Bore Prep. It takes only 1-2 shots to get them settled down after cleaning, & my rifle will shoot .3 moa if I do my part. Moly doesn't increase accuracy in any way. It just lubes the bore, & bullet for less wear, & tear on the barrel.

I put 70 Moly coated 168 gr A Max bullets through my Rem 700 today. What is the best way to clean the barrel so I do not remove the Moly Coating?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonemtp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put 70 Moly coated 168 gr A Max bullets through my Rem 700 today. What is the best way to clean the barrel so I do not remove the Moly Coating?</div></div>

clean as you would to remove copper.....

the barrel will have a smokey dull shine to it when clean...the moly is embedded in the barrel structure of the steel now....

I don't think it's been proven that moly increases or detracts from accuracy, but cleanup is a snap. No copper fouling to worry about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1Bolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any facts regarding moly bullets clogging up non moly barrels? </div></div>

Clarify...
confused.gif