• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

montana going the way of colorado?

Great Falls is it's own weird place. There's lots of section 8 welfare cases, most are natives. Several neighborhoods downtown where you don't want to cut through an alley if you're the wrong color.

Then you have the air base, and the completely random people it cycles in. Mostly decent, but there's always the MPs. (My neighbors were MPs for 2 years there, they did shit off base they would be arresting people for on base weekly. 5 dudes in a 4 bedroom house all under 25)

Then you have all the odd segregated neighborhoods. Either side of 10th and the river breaking stuff up. Crazy high priced neighborhoods, poor neighborhoods with decent people, everything in between.

I believe they're still a "red county". Weed shops are only supposed to sell to those with a medical card. The city fought like hell to keep them out, so they started in the county and eventually the city wanted their tax money.

The city counsel is a bunch of old guys that own all the businesses downtown. They fight change, refuse business licenses and building permits, etc. The 2 Walmarts are actually in Black Eagle and in the county as the city wouldn't approve any permits for them. Any big box store or large corporation isn't welcome there.

I don't miss it there.
Great Falls had similar shit in the 80s with that section 8 type shit.

It’s still way better than most cities in other states in the South West though.

Hey man, that's my hometown! You are 100% right though, it's definitely got it's own vibe. Most of the folks I graduated High School with moved on to other places. I go back from time to time. I will say it's a breath of fresh air (moving at about 40mph from the Southwest) to go up there sometimes though. It may be weird, but its still Montana. Can't say the same for Bozeman and Missoula. The crime in Billings is pretty frickin bad too, definitely gotten worse.
Ever go to a bar called the JBar T?

Oh yeah. The Cowboys is still there in the same neighborhood. That's a real MT bar right there.
Did you go when it was opened back in, what the 70s or did you go there when it was briefly reopened in the mid 90s?