• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More Adult Children Living with Parents

Why would anyone intelligent and freedom minded have any notion of wanting to enlist in today's woke military indoctrination camps?
You are right of course, better to stay in parents basement

Economics is a crutch and an excuse. I was broke as hell but and had as many roomates or jobs as needed to move out and start my adult life at 18. I see nothing wrong with staying home a short while to get started but we are talking about kids staying home to mid to late 20's and worse.
My parents made it clear early on that I better prepare myself to take care of myself and they meant it. I passed on the same to mine. If it was pure economics parents would require older kids staying at home to pull some weight even minor ....some rent, responsibility, etc. That is not the norm. They stay home not to save money for ecomic reasons but to continue their role as children well past the expiration date of said title.

It is mindset.

Definitely some that don't want roommates because "Facebook drama", which is understandable. Lots of kids are too dumb to figure out how to live together. They need the proverbial boot in the ass.

Lots of parents that think parenting is taking care of every need, when it's really preparing them to be self sufficient and not an idiot.

My kids are 11 and 13. I told them they can stay at home and drive my spare trucks (I mean, I do have 4 of them). However, I told them the minute they go buy something stupid like a new Denali because they can now afford it with zero other bills... Their ass is out the door.

They can stay as long as they're working 40+ hours, saving for college or a house, and acting like an adult. This means they'll clean up after themselves, work on their own vehicles, buy groceries, cook, etc.

I do have plenty of space, if I had 1500sq ft instead of 3000 SQ ft I would be much more inclined to move them and their crap out.

Figure if I put up with them for an extra 2-4 years, they should be able to save 50-100k to put down on a house or go to college debt free. This will give them a big leg up on life and teach them the value of saving.

Meanwhile the military cannot meet its recruiting quotas. Maybe some of the 18 to 25 males/females/whatever could enlist and leave home? Wait, most cannot meet the basic (low) entry requirements to enlist
Anyone with a shred of decency would avoid the military and any other gov job for the matter. To recommend it today is of itself disgusting. The entirety of gov’t is corrupt and now we all know, evil.

It's economics. If you look at wages vs housing prices, health care, gas etc they have lagged waaaaaaaay behind inflation. Hell my father making 6$ an hour as a gardener back in the early 70s (southern california) had similar purchasing power to someone making 100$ an hour in southern california today.

Automobiles are another one. The majority of the american population is driving around in a 10+ year old car.

The vast majority of the american population is becoming poorer and it's not for lack of effort.

This is definitely a major factor. The Fed amd the scheme the govt runs with them + printing unpacked money is why this phenomenon happens.

Reactions: BCP
This is definitely a major factor. The Fed amd the scheme the govt runs with them + printing unpacked money is why this phenomenon happens.
I knew plenty of families with grown kids hanging around the house before COVID, before emphasis on inflation, etc. There is a generational issue of helicopter parents and "failure to launch" young adults

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Anyone with a shred of decency would avoid the military and any other gov job for the matter. To recommend it today is of itself disgusting. The entirety of gov’t is corrupt and now we all know, evil.
I hear what you're saying, but I wouldn't chastise a young person for joining. When I was 17 and signed my first enlistment, I had no idea what was happening in this country politically. I wasn't aware of the corruption, the fake wars, the level of trash that we regularly elect, the Cia and their games, or anything else. I was and still am a patriot, although I'm really only patriotic about what we were, not what we are currently or the direction we are headed. I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Part of the organized destruction of America relies on eliminating patriotism and military service.

I suggest that the exception to that may be the Marines. ...and even they are somewhat infected by the disease

I have yet to meet a PC Marine

M

Reactions: jrassy
Here it is, this is not 1980 anymore. I don't condone kids living with their parents till they are 40 either, but have you seen the price of an apartment? In Phoenix anything without crackheads hanging around out front is 1,400 to 1,800 bucks a month. Even if your making 20 bucks an hour after taxes you can barely afford rent let alone car payment and and food, clothes, utilities....ect. This is the world we live in. It has become so expensive to live in the United States it's ridiculous. It's going to get worse folks. I see families have to start living together again with everyone working.

In the 50's a man could support his family by himself, in the 70's and eighties it took a married couples income to live decent, middle class. Today it's a struggle to live on anything less than a $100k a year and to live good it takes 150 to 200k for a couple to live good and save money for retirement. The price of things in this country are outrageous and it's gonna get worse. A nice diesel truck it close to 100k, outrageous? My parent bought a huge house in Portland in 1976 for 50k. Today that same house is probable a million dollars.

I work with a bunch of young kids that are 18 to 21 years old and they hate living with their parents. They get paid 16 bucks an hour and no way they can move out on there own, apartments in Phoenix are way over priced, most of them don't have the credit established that is required to rent anything. The new normal for moving out of Mom and Dad's it probable 26. By then hopefully they have a degree and a decent job and have saved for a year or two. Keep in mind college isn't for everyone. What about the kids that don't get or cant afford a higher education? The road is rough in todays world.
I dont understand how families with several kids make it. Im single and only have my dog and myself and It's $100 just to walk past the grocery store anymore

I suggest that the exception to that may be the Marines. ...and even they are somewhat infected by the disease

I have yet to meet a PC Marine

M
They give up their personal sovereignty to the state and follow orders like the rest. To do so understanding the corruption and criminality of the state is not a patriotic act. It’s aiding and joining with the enemy. I would argue what many believe is patriotism (serving a corrupt state) isn’t what some of would call virtuous. Too many people are brainwashed into believing otherwise.

If this continues we’ll be sitting around with the grandkids talking about the good ole days when everybody could afford a hamburger & they’ll think we are senile.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
If this continues we’ll be sitting around with the grandkids talking about the good ole days when everybody could afford a hamburger & they’ll think we are senile.

Only the rich Elites will be allowed to eat and afford hamburger.
The rest of the serfs will have to be satisfied with ground up insects and "recycled" humans.

They give up their personal sovereignty to the state and follow orders like the rest. To do so understanding the corruption and criminality of the state is not a patriotic act. It’s aiding and joining with the enemy. I would argue what many believe is patriotism (serving a corrupt state) isn’t what some of would call virtuous. Too many people are brainwashed into believing otherwise.
I understand what you're saying, but let's imagine an America without a military.

Are you imagining it?

You see people waving Chinese flags while standing in line at the concentration camp bread lines?

How about conscription? No military recruitment means they start drafting the blue haired gender fluid dipshits to keep the wolves away. We need a military, and there is no way out of this shit we are in now without a military comprised of at least some of our best young men. It may all be too late, but our only hope might be a military overthrow at some point, and if it comes to that, I want them to be led by a bunch of kids who grew up on farms and rural America, the way its always been.

Can't have anything to do with record land and housing prices?

$2k/month for rent on $15/hr is a little silly.
Reminds of the other day at the grocery store. In 2020 in my area, you could get an 18 ct of eggs for $1.89 on average. Now, it is $6.99. A lady standing next to me complained at the price.

Without missing a beat and with a certain amount of sarcasm, I said, "Yeah, thanks, Joe."

She said she didn't think he could have anything to do with that, meaning that she voted for him. I kept quiet. She said to have a blessed day and I returned the wish.

Gas was less than $2 / gal in 2020. It has done nothing but skyrocket in the current administration and their successful efforts at shutting down US oil production and making us dependent again on the middle east, from which we have extracted in the most inept way. If I didn't know any better, I would swear it was on purpose. But really, it is just idiocrats who excel only at cheating and lying.

Why? I can go to anyone and say "you voted for this." And they will all say that they did not vote for Biden. Well "84 million votes" had to come from somewhere. The most popular president in history, period. Just ask him.

Trump's vision of America was worth fighting for. For the first time in something like 30 years wages started to go up faster than inflation. Bring the jobs back. Secure the border. Cheap domestically produced fuel. End all of our bullshit foreign military commitments. Stop giving money away to the woke UN.

Biden's America is expensive gas, troops overseas, money to the UN for "Green Energy" projects, Drag Queen Storytime, faggy Disney movies for kids, Rainbow flags, it's an "America" worth fighting AGAINST, not FOR.
Government Agencies were directly involved altering the outcome of the 2020 election. Jan 6 was justified as the information is being dumped about what the government was involved in. The failure was not having the proper personnel along with detail plan in place.

Reminds of the other day at the grocery store. In 2020 in my area, you could get an 18 ct of eggs for $1.89 on average. Now, it is $6.99. A lady standing next to me complained at the price.

Without missing a beat and with a certain amount of sarcasm, I said, "Yeah, thanks, Joe."

She said she didn't think he could have anything to do with that, meaning that she voted for him. I kept quiet. She said to have a blessed day and I returned the wish.

Gas was less than $2 / gal in 2020. It has done nothing but skyrocket in the current administration and their successful efforts at shutting down US oil production and making us dependent again on the middle east, from which we have extracted in the most inept way. If I didn't know any better, I would swear it was on purpose. But really, it is just idiocrats who excel only at cheating and lying.

Why? I can go to anyone and say "you voted for this." And they will all say that they did not vote for Biden. Well "84 million votes" had to come from somewhere. The most popular president in history, period. Just ask him.
But it’s not just the democrats and it most definitely is intentional. The reality is that anyone who voted for anyone voted for this. It’s not just those at the top either. Millions of men and women work for government to push this agenda either directly or indirectly. They are all complicit in the looting, raping, and murder of those who produce for the country. No government sector personnel produces. They all take. They are to blame just as much if not more.

I understand what you're saying, but let's imagine an America without a military.

Are you imagining it?

You see people waving Chinese flags while standing in line at the concentration camp bread lines?

How about conscription? No military recruitment means they start drafting the blue haired gender fluid dipshits to keep the wolves away. We need a military, and there is no way out of this shit we are in now without a military comprised of at least some of our best young men. It may all be too late, but our only hope might be a military overthrow at some point, and if it comes to that, I want them to be led by a bunch of kids who grew up on farms and rural America, the way its always been.

While I understand how sentiments such as you posted are appealing to people with rose tinted glasses regarding the military or some hero worship of them BUT they are very wrong.

Draft and Conscription are diametrically opposed to freedom and liberty.
You CANNOT have liberty and freedom if your government has the right to kidnap you or your children to be slaves to feed the war machines of the greedy elites. To allow this evil means you actually don't believe in freedom or liberty and instead think people are slaves and property of the government.
It also means you are for demanding the government send "just following orders" bastard evil jackboots to threaten to murder people for refusing to be slaves.

Killing your fellow man because you are told to is NOT some virtue, it is an evil that has existed for most of humanity and is the reason for almost all the horrors humans have inflicted on each other down through history.

As Eisenhower clearly said, a large standing military is a huge threat to freedom.
EVERY government will quickly become evil and corrupt, just as ours has been for decades, having a large standing military lets the elites use violence all over the world to get their way and make more profits for themselves and other elites.

What the country needs is a small professional military of those who choose to do that job of their own free will.
With a very narrow mandate to protect the country and our foreign assets from sudden attack, as well as have a robust nuclear deterrence that we are ready to use, to discourage any sneak attacks.
Take politics out of it, and the job can be done by a very small group of well paid, highly motivated intelligent people who choose that profession willingly.

Then if a larger armed forces are needed because of something, the politicians & the rich elites will actually have to work at their propaganda to get enough willing people to sign up to fight their war.

The US military is one of the best in the world because it is all people there by choice.
Look all around the world at the rest of the enslaved conscript armies and you'll see they are good for little more than domestic oppression or going up against other corrupt enslaved conscript armies.

There is never going to be a need to have a mass army to actually defend our homeland in the future, only the will to actually use our weapons if someone attacks. A handful of ICBMs will put a stop to any attack on the continental USA within an hour by any smaller player or someone trying to front a war.
Others such as the Chinese and Russians aren't interested in a full scale nuclear exchange that they will probably lose unless our stupid government or CIA is trying to overthrow or invade their country...

A "military overthrow" is almost always a horrible option that ushers in nothing but a totalitarian nightmare and means the end of freedom.

Too many good folks have been brainwashed to worship "just follow orders" and "glory to the military" and "grovel to the police" and their slavish blind hero worship shows.

Why do "good people" glorify those that go kill other humans because someone told them to instead of those who build and create and make societies work?

I still think the best way is a modified version of what one of the classic science fiction writers said in one of his books.
If a big call up of armed people is needed for a situation greater than what the small standing army can do or to go attack someone else for some reason not related to an immediate attack, then EVERYONE must vote on it, and that means everyone. No more of this women sending men off to die as they enjoy some mythical privilege granted to them by virtue of having a vagina.
Everybody votes and each vote is recorded and linked to each person.
If the vote passes, those who voted yes, are required to show up immediately to join the army
If things go badder, then those who refused to vote yes or no will be required to join the army
Then if things go really bad, the ones who voted no can either show up and fight or that's the end of the war.

I understand this will put me at odds with a bunch of "good folks" who worship the military and police and think enslaving people to serve the elites and government at gunpoint is the best thing ever because damn those pesky ideas of human rights and liberty and freedom and freedom of speech, it will do them good to be slaves...

While I understand how sentiments such as you posted are appealing to people with rose tinted glasses regarding the military or some hero worship of them BUT they are very wrong.

You CANNOT have liberty and freedom if your government has the right to kidnap you or your children to be slaves to feed the war machines of the greedy elites. To allow this evil means you actually don't believe in freedom or liberty and instead think people are slaves and property of the government.
It also means you are for demanding the government send "just following orders" bastard evil jackboots to threaten to murder people for refusing to be slaves.

Killing your fellow man because you are told to is NOT some virtue, it is an evil that has existed for most of humanity and is the reason for almost all the horrors humans have inflicted on each other down through history.

As Eisenhower clearly said, a large standing military is a huge threat to freedom.
EVERY government will quickly become evil and corrupt, just as ours has been for decades, having a large standing military lets the elites use violence all over the world to get their way and make more profits for themselves and other elites.

What the country needs is a small professional military of those who choose to do that job of their own free will.
With a very narrow mandate to protect the country and our foreign assets from sudden attack, as well as have a robust nuclear deterrence that we are ready to use, to discourage any sneak attacks.
Take politics out of it, and the job can be done by a very small group of well paid, highly motivated intelligent people who choose that profession willingly.

Then if a larger armed forces are needed because of something, the politicians & the rich elites will actually have to work at their propaganda to get enough willing people to sign up to fight their war.

The US military is one of the best in the world because it is all people there by choice.
Look all around the world at the rest of the enslaved conscript armies and you'll see they are good for little more than domestic oppression or going up against other corrupt enslaved conscript armies.

There is never going to be a need to have a mass army to actually defend our homeland in the future, only the will to actually use our weapons if someone attacks. A handful of ICBMs will put a stop to any attack on the continental USA within an hour by any smaller player or someone trying to front a war.
Others such as the Chinese and Russians aren't interested in a full scale nuclear exchange that they will probably lose unless our stupid government or CIA is trying to overthrow or invade their country...

A "military overthrow" is almost always a horrible option that ushers in nothing but a totalitarian nightmare and means the end of freedom.

Too many good folks have been brainwashed to worship "just follow orders" and "glory to the military" and "grovel to the police" and their slavish blind hero worship shows.

Why do "good people" glorify those that go kill other humans because someone told them to instead of those who build and create and make societies work?

I still think the best way is a modified version of what one of the classic science fiction writers said in one of his books.
If a big call up of armed people is needed for a situation greater than what the small standing army can do or to go attack someone else for some reason not related to an immediate attack, then EVERYONE must vote on it, and that means everyone. No more of this women sending men off to die as they enjoy some mythical privilege granted to them by virtue of having a vagina.
If the vote passes, those who voted yes, are required to show up immediately to join the army
If things go badder, then those who refused to vote yes or no will be required to join the army
Then if things go really bad, the ones who voted no can either show up and fight or that's the end of the war.

I understand this will put me at odds with a bunch of "good folks" who worship the military and police and think enslaving people to serve the elites and government at gunpoint is the best thing ever because damn those pesky ideas of human rights and liberty and freedom and freedom of speech, it will do them good to be slaves...
Far better than I could express it.

You made alot of assumptions there based on what I wrote, and I lack the energy to go through them one by one, so I'll just say some of what you said I agree with, and some is fantasy. To pretend that the threat of an attack on us soil isn't a real threat is foolish. We are closer to it now than we've ever been. Our enemies see how weak we are. I also wasn't pointing to a conscripted army as a positive thing, just a neccessary thing if we allow the military to fall off to a level incapable of filling it's prescribed role. You make way too many claims that ring of absolutism to agree with you. I'm really curious though, are you a vet? Did you spend some years in? In reading your statement, I was back and forth on that issue in my mind. Thank you for the response though, it was well written.

You made alot of assumptions there based on what I wrote, and I lack the energy to go through them one by one, so I'll just say some of what you said I agree with, and some is fantasy. To pretend that the threat of an attack on us soil isn't a real threat is foolish. We are closer to it now that we've ever been. Out enemies see how weak we are. I also wasn't pointing to a conscripted army as a positive thing, just a neccessary thing if we allow the military to fall off to a level incapable of filling it's prescribed roll. You make way too many claims that ring of absolutism to agree with you. I'm really curious though, are you a vet? Did you spend some years in? In reading your statement, I was back and forth on that issue in my mind. Thank you for the response though, it was well written.

I would reply we are only under threat of attack because good folks stood by for decades and played nice and "just followed the rules", "just obeyed orders," and "just followed the law" all the while letting the evil who is under no such delusions, take over the levers of power and didn't do the hard work at the ground level, needed to keep things more on the side of good. If our country is invaded or badly attacked, it will be because our politicians (the same ones giving orders to the military) and their fellow travelers in the officer class are in on it.

If you look at the leadership in the military, it's clear they are mostly comprised of fellow travelers in the left wing agenda. More military recruiting or even conscription won't fix that, our standing military is still very large by global standards, much better trained, and equipped better than probably all the rest of the militaries combined.

Just look at what what one of the top military officers was admitting to. He openly admitted, proudly, that he was secretly talking to the Chinese Communists and promising them that anything Trump ordered would not be followed by the military, so they were safe to make any moves they wanted.
Oh, and he was praised and lauded for it. That's a sample your top leadership in the military currently.

There is no quick fix, the "good folks" are 50+ years behind the curve and would probably have to start from the ground up to try to get back the levers of political and social power which is the only hope outside of waiting for such absolute collapse of civilization that most die off and only the strong and intelligent survive to rebuild.

I haven't personally spent time in the military or police as a profession and I doubt I ever will since I wouldn't be a good fit as I long ago rebelled against just following orders and decided that "just following orders" was not something I would ever willingly do again. I pretty much try to do what I myself decide is the correct path & I don't worship the laws of man.

One of my brothers is the opposite, he joined the military and after trying a short stint of life outside the military after a tour in Iraq, decided to make the military his lifelong profession as he thrives in a rigidly structured environment with lots of orders. I'm very happy for him as it's a life he chose, does well in, generally excels above his peers in, and enjoys. I don't think he is any better than me for choosing the military as his profession nor do I feel I am any better than him for choosing a different profession.

And now you know why whole generations have such an affinity for socialism and communism. they see government as their Mommy and Daddy that should take care of them.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Can't have anything to do with record land and housing prices?

$2k/month for rent on $15/hr is a little silly.
2k a month is a bit far fetched in most areas. My son and his buddies rent an older 3 bedroom one bath for a $625 a month. Yes newer houses and fancy apartments might go for this but when you’re young and starting out you don’t need this and have to make some sacrifices. At 23 I was married and had my first kid. Wife made minimum wage, I made $6.00 an hour. We never went without, didn’t eat out much but had a good life.

2k a month is a bit far fetched in most areas. My son and his buddies rent an older 3 bedroom one bath for a $625 a month. Yes newer houses and fancy apartments might go for this but when you’re young and starting out you don’t need this and have to make some sacrifices. At 23 I was married and had my first kid. Wife made minimum wage, I made $6.00 an hour. We never went without, didn’t eat out much but had a good life.

Look around.

I live in the middle of nowhere and rent is over $1k/mo for a shithole studio apartment that's not even big enough for 2 beds.

Drive to any of the neighboring cities, and $2k for a 2 bedroom apartment is normal. Not nice ones either.

I knew plenty of families with grown kids hanging around the house before COVID, before emphasis on inflation, etc. There is a generational issue of helicopter parents and "failure to launch" young adults
Yeah for sure, there's no doubt about that. The economic reality is a factor though. Probably the biggest part of it is that it gives mommy an excuse to tell herself as to why her 30 year old is still at her house.

2k a month is a bit far fetched in most areas. My son and his buddies rent an older 3 bedroom one bath for a $625 a month. Yes newer houses and fancy apartments might go for this but when you’re young and starting out you don’t need this and have to make some sacrifices.

Not west of the Mississippi it isn't. Or near any coastal areas, or towns with a strong economy. I don't think you'd find a place for 600 inside any major Texas or Florida town. Hell I was looking at moving to TN and Knoxville area was like Arizona prices. FL has practically doubled in some areas from the last time I was there (2012ish).

The only places with cheaper housing are going to be Oklahoma, parts of Ohio/Michigan/PA. The list is pretty short.

I don't think the article or the OP is intimating circumstances such as your own but instead, the millions of fking moron young adults that can't cross the street without their parents
Yeah. The article is likely talking about these freeloaders. Fuck them.

I don't think you'd find a place for 600 inside any major Texas or Florida town. Hell I was looking at moving to TN and Knoxville area was like Arizona prices. FL has practically doubled in some areas from the last time I was there (2012ish).
Supply and demand - people fleeing the blue states driving up cost of living in red states

But it’s not just the democrats and it most definitely is intentional. The reality is that anyone who voted for anyone voted for this. It’s not just those at the top either. Millions of men and women work for government to push this agenda either directly or indirectly. They are all complicit in the looting, raping, and murder of those who produce for the country. No government sector personnel produces. They all take. They are to blame just as much if not more.
Okay, so, let's go back to 2020 when gas was less than $2/gal. Who was president then? I can almost remember, right on the tip of my brain...

I'm OK with the kids moving back here.
Wife is in the beginning stages of Alzheimers, I could use some help.
It is only a matter of time (soon) before I will be unable to take care of me & her.

But the kids are grown and have lives of their own now, probably not going to happen
unless there is a major depression, and they lose their jobs/houses.

I went in the Army @ 18, have been on my own ever since.

Okay, so, let's go back to 2020 when gas was less than $2/gal. Who was president then? I can almost remember, right on the tip of my brain...
I also remember covid lockdowns, gov’t sanctioned death camps (hospitals), death jabs full steam ahead, massive election fraud, weaponized “justice” system, among many other things including the republican party fucking us as well. Pull your head out.

I also remember covid lockdowns, gov’t sanctioned death camps (hospitals), massive election fraud, among many other things. Pull your head out.
You need to change your tone.

The president in 2020 started the vaccine and fast. Then the next pres took credit for it.

And yes, there was massive election fraud, watch "2,000 Mules."

Try getting into a hospital? That was a money maker since they got gummint money for every COVID patient and every ventiator. My boss had sharp pains and it turned out to be an umbilical hernia that had not yet strangulated. They would not do the surgery then because they needed all the beds for COVID. Without hesitation, he has asked how many patients they had? Zero, was the reply.

But when Idiot Joe took over, then it was okay for him to say anything he wanted and flat out lie. So, yeah, die with the lie.

I would reply we are only under threat of attack because good folks stood by for decades and played nice and "just followed the rules", "just obeyed orders," and "just followed the law" all the while letting the evil who is under no such delusions, take over the levers of power and didn't do the hard work at the ground level, needed to keep things more on the side of good. If our country is invaded or badly attacked, it will be because our politicians (the same ones giving orders to the military) and their fellow travelers in the officer class are in on it.

If you look at the leadership in the military, it's clear they are mostly comprised of fellow travelers in the left wing agenda. More military recruiting or even conscription won't fix that, our standing military is still very large by global standards, much better trained, and equipped better than probably all the rest of the militaries combined.

Just look at what what one of the top military officers was admitting to. He openly admitted, proudly, that he was secretly talking to the Chinese Communists and promising them that anything Trump ordered would not be followed by the military, so they were safe to make any moves they wanted.
Oh, and he was praised and lauded for it. That's a sample your top leadership in the military currently.

There is no quick fix, the "good folks" are 50+ years behind the curve and would probably have to start from the ground up to try to get back the levers of political and social power which is the only hope outside of waiting for such absolute collapse of civilization that most die off and only the strong and intelligent survive to rebuild.

I haven't personally spent time in the military or police as a profession and I doubt I ever will since I wouldn't be a good fit as I long ago rebelled against just following orders and decided that "just following orders" was not something I would ever willingly do again. I pretty much try to do what I myself decide is the correct path & I don't worship the laws of man.

One of my brothers is the opposite, he joined the military and after trying a short stint of life outside the military after a tour in Iraq, decided to make the military his lifelong profession as he thrives in a rigidly structured environment with lots of orders. I'm very happy for him as it's a life he chose, does well in, generally excels above his peers in, and enjoys. I don't think he is any better than me for choosing the military as his profession nor do I feel I am any better than him for choosing a different profession.
I spent just shy of 12 years in the army, and I hope this gives you some peace, because it should. The number of people who will willingly follow orders no matter what, are insignificant. The number of soldiers who would follow orders to go door to confiscate weapons or attack American citizens is irrelevant because they would be destroyed by the NCO corps. Nothing happens without the NCO corps. Those left wing generals have no real power. The men who are actually responsible for what happens in the army and marine corps at least, are not the people you describe. The air force and navy are filled with weakness, but they are for the most part about as combat capable as your average little league team. Anyone who thinks the people who can actually inflict real damage are mindless boots who will follow any order has been watching too much television. That's just not real.

You need to change your tone.

The president in 2020 started the vaccine and fast. Then the next pres took credit for it.

And yes, there was massive election fraud, watch "2,000 Mules."

Try getting into a hospital? That was a money maker since they got gummint money for every COVID patient and every ventiator. My boss had sharp pains and it turned out to be an umbilical hernia that had not yet strangulated. They would not do the surgery then because they needed all the beds for COVID. Without hesitation, he has asked how many patients they had? Zero, was the reply.

But when Idiot Joe took over, then it was okay for him to say anything he wanted and flat out lie. So, yeah, die with the lie.
You are reaffirming much of my point my man without realizing it. Turn off Fox news or you will be believing Tik Tok is the biggest threat we face. Gov’t leadership hates you. Those underneath them may not hate you but they damn sure will destroy you for a paycheck. Both parties are toxic. Gov’t is a tool for the powerful to enslave the masses.

I spent just shy of 12 years in the army, and I hope this gives you some peace, because it should. The number of people who will willingly follow orders no matter what, are insignificant. The number of soldiers who would follow orders to go door to confiscate weapons or attack American citizens is irrelevant because they would be destroyed by the NCO corps. Nothing happens without the NCO corps. Those left wing generals have no real power. The men who are actually responsible for what happens in the army and marine corps at least, are not the people you describe. The air force and navy are filled with weakness, but they are for the most part about as combat capable as your average little league team. Anyone who thinks the people who can actually inflict real damage are mindless boots who will follow any order has been watching too much television. That's just not real.
History says otherwise.

Not our history.
Bull shit. American Civil war ring a bell. Men that voluntarily give up their freedom and personal sovereignty to gov’t damn sure won’t value other’s. I suppose you believe in the oath taken as well. It’s a crock a shit

To all the poor-mouthing apologists for these lazy ass immature men-children leaching off their parents, one word; roommates.

Bull shit. American Civil war ring a bell. Men that voluntarily give up their freedom and personal sovereignty to gov’t damn sure won’t value other’s. I suppose you believe in the oath taken as well. It’s a crock a shit
When you control all of the information, you can convince people of anything. They have lost that ability almost worldwide. While they are still the loudest voice in the room and have most of the information, they can't shut both sides up, at least not currently. Back then most people never traveled more than 50 miles from home and Lincoln and his Henry Clay whigs owned the newspapers and controlled the narrative entirely. It still shouldn't have happened, but it that isn't the world we live in now.

When you control all of the information, you can convince people of anything. They have lost that ability almost worldwide. While they are still the loudest voice in the room and have most of the information, they can't shut both sides up, at least not currently. Back then most people never traveled more than 50 miles from home and Lincoln and his Henry Clay whigs owned the newspapers and controlled the narrative entirely. It still shouldn't have happened, but it that isn't the world we live in now.
I hope you are right although I’m certain you aren’t. The only people in the mil that I would trust one tiny bit is the ones that refused the vax when ordered. If the vax mandate is overturned and they stay, I wouldn’t trust even them.

I hope you are right although I’m certain you aren’t. The only people in the mil that I would trust one tiny bit is the ones that refused the vax when ordered. If the vax mandate is overturned and they stay, I wouldn’t trust even them.
Did you serve? I really question the folks who are so sure of the military culture but never lived it. It's not what it looks like on television.

Did you serve? I really question the folks who are so sure of the military culture but never lived it. It's not what it looks like on television.
I wouldn’t serve a corrupt state that sends soldiers to die overseas to enrich politicians, corporate oligarchs, and bankers while somehow convincing them they are protecting America and the defending the constitution while their motherland is being invaded by foreigners and their gov’t overthrown by marxist. The military has always been this way. Soldiers are pawns and people are brainwashed into “thanking a soldier”. It’s a lie. On top of that I would never surrender to gov’t and join it’s ranks. I would never be one of them. I understand what gov’t is and although once was blinded by propaganda, i’m not any longer.

I wouldn’t serve a corrupt state that sends soldiers to die overseas to enrich politicians, corporate oligarchs, and bankers while somehow convincing them they are protecting America and the defending the constitution while their motherland is being invaded by foreigners and their gov’t overthrown by marxist. The military has always been this way. Soldiers are pawns and people are brainwashed into “thanking a soldier”. It’s a lie. On top of that I would never surrender my liberty to gov’t. I understand what gov’t is and although once was blinded by propaganda, i’m not any longer.
That's all fine, and I'm much closer to your mindset these days than I was as a young man filled with patriotism, and I mean no disrespect to either of you, but if you haven't spent time in the military, specifically in combat arms and stuck around long enough to become an NCO and really see behind the curtain, then you just don't know. Your idea about what is happening there isn't shaped by reality, it's shaped by Hollywood and propaganda. The reason we don't have boots on the ground in the Ukraine right now is because they wouldn't go. The joint chiefs and their adjudents refused to deploy US troops en masse to die for this bulllshit president in a bullshit pretend war. We just finished 20 years of war. The leadership in place now know what war is and what it brings. They won't be letting the summer help sitting in the oval office get thousands more American boys killed for nothing. The real danger is a long peace, when the leadership has never seen combat. No general wants to retire without being part of a conflict. Nobody who has ever been in an armed conflict has any desire to start another one.

That's all fine, and I'm much closer to your mindset these days than I was as a young man filled with patriotism, and I mean no disrespect to either of you, but if you haven't spent time in the military, specifically in combat arms and stuck around long enough to become an NCO and really see behind the curtain, then you just don't know. Your idea about what is happening there isn't shaped by reality, it's shaped by Hollywood and propaganda. The reason we don't have boots on the ground in the Ukraine right now is because they wouldn't go. The joint chiefs and their adjudents refused to deploy US troops en masse to die for this bulllshit president in a bullshit pretend war. We just finished 20 years of war. The leadership in place now know what war is and what it brings. They won't be letting the summer help sitting in the oval office get thousands more American boys killed for nothing. The real danger is a long peace, when the leadership has never seen combat. No general wants to retire without being part of a conflict. Nobody who has ever been in an armed conflict has any desire to start another one.
That patriotism as a youth is in reality programming by the gov’t and reinforced by an already brainwashed population that continues to propagate young and naive men into the bowels of the system. I wouldn’t be so quick to trust the leadership you speak of that led these men to get maimed and killed overseas. I hope they weren’t preaching to these kids about how they were doing this for their country because that’s an outright lie.

Don’t think for a second that I am disrespecting your experiences or have ill will to the young men that were deceived by their gov’t and the brainwashed masses that made them believe that taking part in unnecessary wars is somehow virtuous. I respect you guy’s experiences, I just don’t believe what most of you do. Not anymore at least.

You made some excellent points in this post and the ones following it and I truly hope that it is as you say it is.
You are correct in that I'm assuming there is a near blackout on real information about the inner workings of the lower level military and anyone in the know probably knows better than to say much publicly.

That being said, I never thought in the USA I would see the police arresting Christians for the crime of gathering to worship God, that was only from stories I grew up with hearing about in the Soviet Union and Mao and Deng's China.

Yet one day there it was on TV, YouTube and all over the internet, police in the USA dragging away Singing and Praying Christians for the crime of gathering together to worship God which the politicians had declared was now illegal. Meanwhile they could all go to the local Walmart and hang out giving money to Rich corporations and that would have been just perfectly fine and legal.

While I am sure many police refused to enforce the draconian edicts of the politicians, there was still plenty that were happy to put the boots to their fellow man and the "good" police weren't about to rally up the citizens and go stop it.

I fear that the military is being systematically purged of those who will refuse to obey and eventually there will be enough who will do as they are told that the politicians can feel they can start using the military for domestic oppression.

I very much hope you are right and my fears are unfounded.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
That patriotism as a youth is in reality programming by the gov’t and reinforced by an already brainwashed population that continues to propagate young and naive men into the bowels of the system. I wouldn’t be so quick to trust the leadership you speak of that led these men to get maimed and killed overseas. I hope they weren’t lying to these men about how they were doing this for their country. I respect you guy’s experiences, I just don’t believe what most of you do. Not anymore at least.
Love of country doesn't require brainwashing. One reason why America has been so successful as a country is die to patriotism. Imagine a country where the citizenry doesn't care enough about it to defend it. They exist all over the world, like Haiti that we were discussing earlier. That's the polar opposite of a country with pride. Believe me, without patriotism, you'd have been speaking french, german or Chinese long ago. We are amazing in combat because our young men believe in America. Sparta was amazing because their citizens believed in Sparta. It's true of all warrior cultures. Patriotism outlives kings and presidents. It's deeper than the flavor of the weak. We need it. If we ever lose too much of it, we will fall.

You made some excellent points in this post and the ones following it and I truly hope that it is as you say it is.
You are correct in that I'm assuming there is a near blackout on real information about the inner workings of the lower level military and anyone in the know probably knows better than to say much publicly.

That being said, I never thought in the USA I would see the police arresting Christians for the crime of gathering to worship God, that was only from stories I grew up with hearing about in the Soviet Union and Mao and Deng's China.

Yet one day there it was on TV, YouTube and all over the internet, police in the USA dragging away Singing and Praying Christians for the crime of gathering together to worship God which the politicians had declared was now illegal. Meanwhile they could all go to the local Walmart and hang out giving money to Rich corporations and that would have been just perfectly fine and legal.

While I am sure many police refused to enforce the draconian edicts of the politicians, there was still plenty that were happy to put the boots to their fellow man and the "good" police weren't about to rally up the citizens and go stop it.

I fear that the military is being systematically purged of those who will refuse to obey and eventually there will be enough who will do as they are told that the politicians can feel they can start using the military for domestic oppression.

I very much hope you are right and my fears are unfounded.
For every cop that arrested a citizen for worship during covid, a thousand of them quietly refused to enforce any ATF regulations and publicly declared that they would not enforce a single additional gun law. The news does a great job of showing you the sensationalism, but in the background, 99% of them are doing exactly what you would hope they would do.

Love of country doesn't require brainwashing. One reason why America has been so successful as a country is die to patriotism. Imagine a country where the citizenry doesn't care enough about it to defend it. They exist all over the world, like Haiti that we were discussing earlier. That's the polar opposite of a country with pride. Believe me, without patriotism, you'd have been speaking french, german or Chinese long ago. We are amazing in combat because our young men believe in America. Sparta was amazing because their citizens believed in Sparta. It's true of all warrior cultures. Patriotism outlives kings and presidents. It's deeper than the flavor of the weak. We need it. If we ever lose too much of it, we will fall.
I agree with what you are saying but unfortunately military service isn’t patriotic at all. That’s the lie I speak of. The us military isn’t used to defend America. It’s used for nefarious and evil purposes at the expense of young men’s lives, their families, and a whole lot of stolen wages from the productive class. Although it should be a noble profession, it isn’t. It’s not patriotic or respectable to serve evil men. This is where we are.

Read the last post of mine you quoted. I was editing my post when you quoted me and you may have missed it.

Do you guys ever go back and read this shit you write after you sober up ?

Reactions: Earnhardt
For every cop that arrested a citizen for worship during covid, a thousand of them quietly refused to enforce any ATF regulations and publicly declared that they would not enforce a single additional gun law. The news does a great job of showing you the sensationalism, but in the background, 99% of them are doing exactly what you would hope they would do.
The cops in my town sure weren’t. They were fucking assholes. The 99% number is way off. Besides that, 100% of leo carry a gun in defense of a corrupt gov’t while enforcing it’s manmade laws to keep good men at bay while allowing the “elite” and well connected to commit atrocities un touched. It’s sick. It’s not good cop/badcop. It’s a corrupt gov’t with a weaponized justice system hellbent on murdering and impoverishing people. Who want’s to be part of that? Apparently 24,000,000 men and women. There are no good guys on the inside. Only co-conspiritors.