• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More Adult Children Living with Parents

The cops in my town sure weren’t. They were fucking assholes. The 99% number is way off. Besides that, 100% of leo carry a gun in defense of a corrupt gov’t while enforcing it’s manmade laws to keep good men at bay while allowing the “elite” and well connected to commit atrocities un touched. It’s sick. It’s not good cop/badcop. It’s a corrupt gov’t with a weaponized justice system hellbent on murdering and impoverishing people. Who want’s to be part of that? Apparently 24,000,000 men and women. There are no good guys on the inside. Only co-co-conspiritors
You are an anarchist, and that's fine, I understand the allure, but I've spent time in countries without a government, a military and a police force. You only think you want that because you've never actually seen it. In absence of those things, warlords rule. You don't want that.

You are an anarchist, and that's fine, I understand the allure, but I've spent time in countries without a government, a military and a police force. You only think you want that because you've never actually seen it. In absence of those things, warlords rule. You don't want that.
Gov’t has been responsible for more death and suffering in just the last 100 or so years then all the warlords throughout history. Besides the countries you speak of are full of dark skinned people. The same kind that are being imported here at our expense and detriment. Down the drain we go.

As far as what I am and what my ideology is, I’m not sure. The last few years changed my entire perspective of the world. I just know what I see is pure fucking evil and gov’t is the vessel to implement it worldwide and government employees are putting in the work knowingly or not.

Good conversation and way off topic. 🤜🤛
I’ll let it rest. Have a good one.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Gov’t has been responsible for more death and suffering in just the last 100 or so years then all the warlords throughout history. Besides the countries you speak of are full of dark skinned people. The same kind that are being imported here at our expense and detriment. Down the drain we go.

As far as what I am and what my ideology is, I’m not sure. The last few years changed my entire perspective of the world. I just know what I see is pure fucking evil and gov’t is the vessel to implement it worldwide and government employees are putting in the work knowingly or not.

Good conversation and way off topic. 🤜🤛
I’ll let it rest. Have a good one.
I don't disagree with you. I truly agree with most of what you said. I know I mentioned evolution earlier in this thread, but I think we are at a point in the evolutionary process where we are coming to the end of the path on the (we will call it "self governance" but really it's serfdom in a prettier box) ideology on organized societies. I think the problem is that nobody is sure how to move beyond this. There are ideas, but they are all terrifying to most people. We will eventually have to take a leap into a new kind of governance, or the absence of governance. We won't live to see it. We are seeing the turmoltuous end of a dying system that history will call "democracy", which has been many, many things, but not honestly very democratic.

You are reaffirming much of my point my man without realizing it. Turn off Fox news or you will be believing Tik Tok is the biggest threat we face. Gov’t leadership hates you. Those underneath them may not hate you but they damn sure will destroy you for a paycheck. Both parties are toxic. Gov’t is a tool for the powerful to enslave the masses.
I am with you on that and Trump did some stupid things for which I cannot trust him. LIke supporting the bump stock ban. And saying that the govt should seize weapons first and worry about due process second. Just saying, Joe is not any better and on some things is worse.

Problem with Trump is that he is a lot of mouth. And the media spins out of control every time he says something, not realizing they are being trolled just for comical relief.

Believe me, all politicians lie. Here is how you can tell. It is a 3 step method.

1) their lips are moving
2) air and sound is coming out while their lips are moving
3) it is on a day that ends in the letter 'y'

But I am tired and nauseated from people carrying water for Biden as much as they might accuse that of Trump supporters. And Trump did not release the redacted 28 pages of the 9/11 Commission report. So, he is a game player no matter how much one might think he is not. Like a "professional wrestling match," he is the bad guy you need to hate while the "good guy" comes in to win over him.

Reactions: wade2big
I don't disagree with you. I truly agree with most of what you said. I know I mentioned evolution earlier in this thread, but I think we are at a point in the evolutionary process where we are coming to the end of the path on the (we will call it "self governance" but really it's serfdom in a prettier box) ideology on organized societies. I think the problem is that nobody is sure how to move beyond this. There are ideas, but they are all terrifying to most people. We will eventually have to take a leap into a new kind of governance, or the absence of governance. We won't live to see it. We are seeing the turmoltuous end of a dying system that history will call "democracy", which has been many, many things, but not honestly very democratic.

In the short term I think it's a safe bet to assume the world is going back to the Elites Ruling everything with a fairly heavy hand, except this time they may for some time pretend to let the citizens "vote" much like the Soviets did. If you look at the elections in this country in 2020 and 2022 and how diametrically different the outcomes were than historical norms, then look at the elections recently in France, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and such, it becomes pretty obvious that citizens will no longer be allowed to actually change anything by voting, it will always be a nail biting to the wire finish that always happens to land on the side the Global Elites want.

In the long term, barring global disaster on an extinction level, I think humanity will eventually evolve into a fairly rigid one world order with fairly strict rules on conformity and little chance for the rabble to be allowed to mess things up. Who is going to dominate and lead this new world order is what is yet to be decided, but one group of Global Elites is way ahead of all the other groups so it will be interesting to see.

I suspect in 1000 years or so, the idea of this "democracy" stuff and letting the random hoi poi decide any old thing they want will be seen as some crazy short lived aberration that of course was abandoned long ago.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
I dont understand how families with several kids make it. Im single and only have my dog and myself and It's $100 just to walk past the grocery store anymore

I make meals that cost $100 anymore. It is fucked. I can make pasta cost that much if I'm using tortellini, doesn't even need to be steak.

2 teenagers, we buy beef by the half, and buy eggs from the Hudderites, and the standard fruits, veggies, milk, etc. at the store are still $200+/week.
Then the wife spends another $1500/mo on snacks and lunches for her daycare kids (she cooks them lunch everyday because she's crazy). That is out of the business, but the cashier's think we're nuts going through over $2k/mo.

I moved out when I was 19 because I wanted to be able to have guests stay overnight when I wanted.

Got what I wanted, but in retrospect I gave all my hard earned cash to landlords in the form of rent.

Would've been smarter to stay at home until I had enough saved for a downpayment on a small house without PMI.

Took a lot longer to outright own property doing it the way I did.

Living at home should be a way to get an additional boost, not a way to stop working and slack off.

In today's economy, I would not judge another person's kid or relationship in how they do things.

Life is a game of opportunities, missed, forced, and lucked into.

They question is what you do with them. Helps to be prepared prior and be ready to capitalize on a cracked door of opportunity.

Some people simply wait for life to happen to them. They will be working at Chick Fil A for life.

Others are hell bent on a goal and will run over the world to accomplish it.

My old roommate/friend was a dreamer/waiting for life to happen. Something changed and she became a semi-famous author, wrote a short screenplay that won awards, and wrote two published books that are currently on Amazon. I asked her what changed. She said her cousin became successful in a different area and decided she was tired of waiting for things to happen for her.

So she forced things, pushed, and just kept moving forward. Was tired of hearing about her cousin at dinners and how great she was doing.

Motivations.

If someone living in parent's basement doing the absolute minimum... "laying flat"... there is no goal or motivation and will simply exist until something forces them to change.

Reactions: 338dude
I lived with my dad in Anchorage while attending highschool, stepmom hated me and was sent back to my mom in Alabama right out of the 11th grade. Came home one night when I was 17 to find all my stuff on the front porch, I was affecting her food stamps. I was fine, and have been on my own every since. My son graduated at 17 and was off to college and has been on his own every since. Never understood folks who fail to launch?? My step brother in AK, lived in the basement until he was 35, talk about a hard time adjusting to real life after both parents passed...

there is always a excuse or a reason

some people flourish when they stay home and get a head start, some people never leave

some people flourish when they leave and some become loser drug addicts

the real reason is in life there are type A personalities and type B personalities, there are winners and there are losers

i think its always been the same percentage, its just that we see "more" because of limitless travel, news, social media

in some parts of the country in 1960 "wow were going to the big town or city"...now most kids are on planes going to vacation by middle school

WW2 the US had approx 140 mil poeple, 2020 we had about 330 mil people in the same land mass/ space

if you new of 5 people in 1940... you now know of 12 before the news etc, that just proximity to other humans

we are just 20-25 years behind europe in legislation and social issues, have been since the 60's

want to see what we are going to be like in 2040,, look at central europe today

Parenting is not just a word. Raising children to be prepared for adulthood takes work. Ahhh, there's that curse word.... Work! Setting a child in front of the TV or handing them a phone to play on while you surf the web is not parenting.
Anyone remember Chores? My children had them and their leisure time was regulated around getting school homework done and chores completed. They were not rewarded for doing the minimum.
I remember when the government extended the unemployment to two years after the crash of 08. That was the drug dealer giving away the product for free. They hooked millions on the free shit. Unlike drug dealers. The addict never had to pay. The self motivated and the printing press has kept the addict supplied. But it created a class of the sick, lame and lazy. Welfare and disability ranks have exploded since then. The great society proved that few will leave the plantation.
How many children of wealthy or upper middle class people rely on welfare? How many children of the welfare class get out and move up? The George Jeffersons are an anomaly. That was the plan.

Reactions: 338dude and BCP
How about moving to where there is work? I’m about to deal with this with my son. If he can’t make it on his own, he can work full time and pay his part at home without acting like an entitled bitch. If that’s too tough on him, he can move the fuck out. Its a team effort. If he chooses to be lazy and mean, we can go round and round in the yard, although I would advise him to just try living on his own first.

I always hear about how expensive rent, etc is today....and it's true. I'm not sure if it's still a valid explanation....
I'm 67. When I got married in 1979 my apartment rent was $195.00 a month. Sounds awesome.... however I made $8900.00 a year.... I had a POS used car and about $25.00 in my checking account at the end of the month, many times less. No luxuries at all, I expected to poor as a church mouse until I got my career going.... Not like that today....IPhone, IWatch, new car, nice clothes, hip apartment. etc. etc. Young people today weren't raised to accept starting off at the bottom and working yourself upward.... They expect to start off really nice, THEN advance.
I don't think I've heard it said better. Kids now adays expect all that shit everyone else had to work for.

Reactions: 338dude
I don't think I've heard it said better. Kids now adays expect all that shit everyone else had to work for.
Want to get turned off by a young worker - explain that they need to "serve their time", earn their status, etc. "They" absolutely hate that mindset - in their minds ("every kid a winner" generation) they are "owed" the big title, big house, $$ car, and so on. Those college debts - some is from inflated tuition but much is due to living large in college in luxury dorms, eating out every meal, and sucking down foo-foo coffee.

I fear that the military is being systematically purged of those who will refuse to obey and eventually there will be enough who will do as they are told that the politicians can feel they can start using the military for domestic oppression.
This is a fact. Started in the late 90s under blowjob bill. Clean the slate and monitor the promotions to fit the need. I will agree on that all day, everyday.

There used to be enough going against the grain to hold that transition at bay. Unfortunately, I believe that balance is gone.

The caveat to this, is this. There are still ones on our side in there. There are units in the .mil world that have incredible power to choose who they want to fill their ranks, and have even more incredible power to push out ANYONE that does not fit in.

Here is the preoblem with elite people ruling. They always, always underestimate the will of those whom they seek to rule. Nowhere more evident than in USA. We were under the rule of others. And then we started shooting redcoats in the face in the street.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
there is always a excuse or a reason

some people flourish when they stay home and get a head start, some people never leave

some people flourish when they leave and some become loser drug addicts

the real reason is in life there are type A personalities and type B personalities, there are winners and there are losers

i think its always been the same percentage, its just that we see "more" because of limitless travel, news, social media

in some parts of the country in 1960 "wow were going to the big town or city"...now most kids are on planes going to vacation by middle school

WW2 the US had approx 140 mil poeple, 2020 we had about 330 mil people in the same land mass/ space

if you new of 5 people in 1940... you now know of 12 before the news etc, that just proximity to other humans

we are just 20-25 years behind europe in legislation and social issues, have been since the 60's

want to see what we are going to be like in 2040,, look at central europe today

Unfortunately, you're right. I've noticed though, that the expectations of the parents is probably "The thing" that really determines it. Parents that expect their kids to perform at a certain level, generally get that, and parents that done have those expectations, generally get that too.

My mother has/had a lot of issues. It was not easy growing up, and I will leave it at that. However, she made her expectations for for us clear and we knew she meant business too. I was tricked and sent to military school when I was an early teen. I failed to meet expectations and my mother had told me that she was going to send me to military school if I kept on. (Like many parents do, only my mother made good on it). That's just one example, but watching these young guys who are 30 and at their parents house still and not having a real career path ect.... it's extremely easy to see why they perform at the level they do, it's because that's all they've ever been made to do.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Unfortunately, you're right. I've noticed though, that the expectations of the parents is probably "The thing" that really determines it. Parents that expect their kids to perform at a certain level, generally get that, and parents that done have those expectations, generally get that too.

It can go both ways. Unrealistic expectations by parents is a thing too.

Statistically speaking young men are struggling. They aren't graduating school at the same rate as women for one thing. People on here say retard shit like "underwater basket weaving" but higher education has always been the gateway to higher income nine times out of ten. Except college is so prohibitively expensive that it almost guarantees debt slavery.

Then you have the blue collar trades which are the last bastion for men to make a living without that higher education debt monkey on your back and what do the politicians want to do? Kill them with uncontrolled immigration of course.

The truth is these young people are living in a society that their parents made for them & their parents refuse to take ownership of the situation.

As was stated earlier, multigenerational households were "normal" not that long ago. It is still the norm in some cultures.

Something changed in the way success is measured, and what it means to be independent and fruitful. Noble, imo...but what's that have to do with living together to share costs, build family wealth, stronger bonds and achieve true independence?

Or perhaps, the meaning of success is a mortgage, 2 auto loans and a credit card payment? Maybe guided unknowingly to this conclusion?

People on here say retard shit like "underwater basket weaving" but higher education has always been the gateway to higher income nine times out of ten.

Only if you choose wisely and that is the point of those saying "undewrwater basket weaving". That notion is not retard because you major in anything that is not directly related to a good income profession and you might as well not go to college.....ie gender studies, womens studies, political science and so on. I have a friend whose daughter has a masters in african american womens literature. Guess what...yep waitressing. Poor decision on her part and moreso poor decision on her parents part allowing it but she blames "the system". Utter bullshit, her postion is 100% her fault and this is what kids don't get today. They have zero grasp of cause and effect. You can have a doctorate in worthless bullshit and a plumber that learned on the job in 2 years will eat your lunch mightily on income. Everything I else I totally agree with though.....

Last edited:
It can go both ways. Unrealistic expectations by parents is a thing too.

Statistically speaking young men are struggling. They aren't graduating school at the same rate as women for one thing. People on here say retard shit like "underwater basket weaving" but higher education has always been the gateway to higher income nine times out of ten. Except college is so prohibitively expensive that it almost guarantees debt slavery.

Then you have the blue collar trades which are the last bastion for men to make a living without that higher education debt monkey on your back and what do the politicians want to do? Kill them with uncontrolled immigration of course.

The truth is these young people are living in a society that their parents made for them & their parents refuse to take ownership of the situation.

I would not disagree with that either. It's true. It is a very difficult world to grow up in especially for a male. There are BY FAR , more headwinds to face and deal with growing up today vs any other time in the modern Era, and it's just very hard. However, there are the majority that are doing it, so it's not an impossible thing to achieve, IF, the right expectations are there.

I stay laser focused on just how difficult it is these days and reminding my wife of these things as I raise 2 little boys into men. The truth is that it take a hell of a lot of work to do, and my boys will have to be smarter about what they do than I was in order to be successful. That's not fair, but it is reality. I'm 100% with you on the immigration issue, it's a real killer.

Over the past 40 years, purchasing power has decreased, wages have stagnated, cost of living has increased. The olive on top of that shit sandwich is the unprecedented amount of student debt gen x and millennials have accumulated to obtain worthless college degrees because we were told by our parents “you will make a good living if you go to college.” ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHA
DC887874-8B27-4A47-B9C2-59BA0494316E.gif

If the american dream is “hard work=prosperity,” the american dream is dead. At this point we’re just propping it up like weekend at bernie’s

I’ll always be thankful to my high school guidance counselor. As seniors we were all required to talk with him about future plans.

I was on my fifth year of high school… I asked about college, and he said “Why are you looking at college? You’re probably going to jail.” Point taken.

Still haven’t been to college, and I live the good life. Dude saved me from untold thousands of dollars in debt.

Reactions: camocorvette
Just one example; my best friend dropped out of highschool, his older sister is a nurse practitioner. He has been a heavy equipment operator and underground utilities foreman most of his life. Easily out earning her.
My ole ladies grandson just started college to write code, I begged him, even took time to work him, so he could see how easy it was to make money doing a craft trade, tried to explain how in demand they're becoming. Yet he chose to compete in a trade dominated by people in 3rd world countries that will do the same job for pennies on the dollar. Breaks my heart to watch. I've done what I could to mentor him. Wisdom can't be shared with anyone who is not seeking it...

Just one example; my best friend dropped out of highschool, his older sister is a nurse practitioner. He has been a heavy equipment operator and underground utilities foreman most of his life. Easily out earning her.
My ole ladies grandson just started college to write code, I begged him, even took time to work him, so he could see how easy it was to make money doing a craft trade, tried to explain how in demand they're becoming. Yet he chose to compete in a trade dominated by people in 3rd world countries that will do the same job for pennies on the dollar. Breaks my heart to watch. I've done what I could to mentor him. Wisdom can't be shared with anyone who is not seeking it...
Just saw a LinkedIn post from Koch where they opened a new tech center in India - you are 100% correct. US "tech" graduates are 100% competing with India, Brazil, etc. for jobs - those jobs are outsourced overseas.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Just saw a LinkedIn post from Koch where they opened a new tech center in India - you are 100% correct. US "tech" graduates are 100% competing with India, Brazil, etc. for jobs - those jobs are outsourced overseas.
And have been for years, WTH???

For something to be funny there has to be some truth to it. This is an example of people that have not grown up or matured. Or they finally realize they aren’t the center of the universe any more.

There are adult children still living at home that are just needing a helping hand to get out on their own. There are others that are making a career out of getting tit-fed.

Every situation is different. My siblings and I had the same parents. I left home to be taken care of by a rich uncle. That was Uncle Sam and he made me work.

My siblings always had their hands out to mom and dad for money that they never paid back. One brother would only call dad when he needed bailed out of jail.

My parents were just as much at fault for rewarding bad behavior.

That will explain why I might seem cruel but there comes a time when the son or daughter needs a kick in the ass to get them to be out on their own.

Enjoy the video.

Some comments in this thread that are very out of touch. Its not 1972 anymore. Nobody cares that you were a badass 16 year old and moved out. You were also able to hitch hike across the country without much risk of getting murdered..... it is a completely different world. It is extremely hard to get by in todays world. There are not many sub 30 year old single individuals I know that are either homeowners or rent a decent place on their own. The one's that do did so by having some big financial help from parents. Almost all have to have roommate/roommates or a spouse.

I do believe that the end goal should be to find some independence but not everyone is in the same situation. Its one thing if freddy freeloader is 30 and living with their parents playing video games all day. However, if that same 30 year old is working a decent job and moves back home for a bit to save money to put a down payment on a home than I applaud that. Not everyone has that luxury but if you have a good relationship with your parents and can make it work to get ahead in life than do it.

I do find it interesting that outside of the US it is extremely common for individuals to live with their parents and have a multi-family household. We are not the norm.

Some comments in this thread that are very out of touch. Its not 1972 anymore. Nobody cares that you were a badass 16 year old and moved out. You were also able to hitch hike across the country without much risk of getting murdered..... it is a completely different world. It is extremely hard to get by in todays world. There are not many sub 30 year old single individuals I know that are either homeowners or rent a decent place on their own. The one's that do did so by having some big financial help from parents. Almost all have to have roommate/roommates or a spouse.

I do believe that the end goal should be to find some independence but not everyone is in the same situation. Its one thing if freddy freeloader is 30 and living with their parents playing video games all day. However, if that same 30 year old is working a decent job and moves back home for a bit to save money to put a down payment on a home than I applaud that. Not everyone has that luxury but if you have a good relationship with your parents and can make it work to get ahead in life than do it.

I do find it interesting that outside of the US it is extremely common for individuals to live with their parents and have a multi-family household. We are not the norm.
It is not out of touch. The more people who post excuses why young adults cannot launch, the more obvious we have a problem. My parents' generation stormed Normandy at 17-18 years old yet it is "extremely hard to get by in todays world"? Millions of manufacturing jobs are open right now, the military is hiring yet all I see is excuses that todays generation should not take those jobs - those opportunities are beneath them somehow. Nothing will change until all the safety nets are removed and people work or starve.

PS - screw everywhere else. Been there seen that. America is not and should not be the "norm". Move if you want to be the "norm".

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big

What's your age?
How much did your phone cost?

R

Reactions: lightman
First this is what happens when you give out participation trophy's. You set no exactions and hold no consequence for their actions. Lets get this straight THE WORLD OWES YOU NOTHING!!!!!!!. You work for and get what you deserve based on you effort.
To kmdn_crew how long did you live with your parents?? Me at 18 I got a job as apprentice painter out of HS and and 2 kids before I was 21. I made sure both my kids knew the were not going to live at my house for long after HS. One went to collage and only came home on breaks the other I paid for beautician school and she moved out in September 3 months after graduation. I set clear goals and stuck to them. Both are doing great because they have a since of personal responsibility.

I was expecting boomer responses

I moved out at 18 for college. Moved back home at 22 after graduating for two years. I worked the entire time and helped my parents out. I had some family situations (not going into details) going on and home is absolutely where I needed to be.

Reactions: RedBaron
It is not out of touch. The more people who post excuses why young adults cannot launch, the more obvious we have a problem. My parents' generation stormed Normandy at 17-18 years old yet it is "extremely hard to get by in todays world"? Millions of manufacturing jobs are open right now, the military is hiring yet all I see is excuses that todays generation should not take those jobs - those opportunities are beneath them somehow. Nothing will change until all the safety nets are removed and people work or starve.

PS - screw everywhere else. Been there seen that. America is not and should not be the "norm". Move if you want to be the "norm".
You keep talking about the military as if it’s a logical option. It’s not. Why do you insist on young men signing their life over to an illegitimate marxist gov’t to where they must take commands and obey unlawful orders from a fake puppet president or anyone he appointed. Just because all 50 of our corrupt states and all of our kangaroo courts recognize this administration, doesn’t make it legal. Every governing body is in on it. Every government agency and/ or organization is spoiled. If you still trust and believe in uncle sam then you need to turn off fox news or cnn or whatever poison you are consuming.

Edit to add: I’m not trying to come at you, I just want you to either take a look at the gov’t you want people to join before pushing someone that way and if you see no problem with the state of affairs, then please speak with someone who is paying attention and educate yourself.

Last edited:
The more failures society produces, the more women who will eat ass to pay for Zaxby’s.

Reactions: Ronws
You keep talking about the military as if it’s a logical option. It’s not. Why do you insist on young men signing their life over to an illegitimate marxist gov’t to where they must take commands and obey unlawful orders from a fake puppet president or anyone he appointed. Just because all 50 of our corrupt states and all of our kangaroo courts recognize this administration, doesn’t make it legal. Every governing body is in on it. Every government agency and/ or organization is spoiled. If you still trust and believe in uncle sam then you need to turn off fox news or cnn or whatever poison you are consuming.

Edit to add: I’m not trying to come at you, I just want you to either take a look at the gov’t you want people to join before pushing someone that way and if you see no problem with the state of affairs, then please speak with someone who is paying attention and educate yourself.
I did 23 years in the military but would NEVER recommend today’s military as an option. It’s too woke and I’m opposed to the covid shots.

However there are help wanted signs all over the place. So there’s no excuse for not working and earning a paycheck.

I did 23 years in the military but would NEVER recommend today’s military as an option. It’s too woke and I’m opposed to the covid shots.

However there are help wanted signs all over the place. So there’s no excuse for not working and earning a paycheck.
There is work no doubt. That part I agree with. I’m just wholeheartedly opposed to strengthening the numbers of a corrupt and murderous gov’t and I believe those working in the public sector now are despicable and are complicit. City, state, federal. The gov’t is corrupt or it’s not. It’s legal or it’s not. Our whole system of gov’t is unconstitutional and fraudulent. So are those living off our stolen wages at this point.

Well let's see

Outsource/offshore entire industries

Kill unions

Run wages into the dirt

Blow the housing market straight to the Moon

Inflation out the ass

"WhY aReN't PeOplE BuYinG HoUsEs" /facepalm
might want to add..
*any decent jobs left, give them to H1B visa's.. fk all the Americans who went to college and took out a loan to work for a better future.

Reactions: BCP
might want to add..
*any decent jobs left, give them to H1B visa's.. fk all the Americans who went to college and took out a loan to work for a better future.

When I graduated high school in 2000 my first job was an IT support thing at Earthlink (later ATT) making 15$ an hour. I rented a house with a friend in California for 750$ a month. Nice house on 2 acres about an hour away from Tahoe. Today that house is 2700 a month and that job was sent overseas. It's a shame what is happening to this country and it's going to keep happening because the people in charge want to fuck the rest of us.

When I graduated high school in 2000 my first job was an IT support thing at Earthlink (later ATT) making 15$ an hour. I rented a house with a friend in California for 750$ a month. Nice house on 2 acres about an hour away from Tahoe. Today that house is 2700 a month and that job was sent overseas. It's a shame what is happening to this country and it's going to keep happening because the people in charge want to fuck the rest of us.

Oh, but someone here knows someone who still rents a house in the middle of a swamp in Louisiana for $500. Should just move there and make $12/hr!

I hear you. We need some resets.

It has spread across the country. My house has more than doubled in value in 5 years because of more remote work available. I'm damn lucky, and my dad's place was 1/3 the price I paid 20 years earlier. He can't fathom having a mortgage over $1k, and yet I work with guys that are knocking on $3k.

And there's still some here that would live in a cardboard box rather than have a decent relationship with family and help each other out. There's no helping them because they'll be stubborn on their ways until they're gone.

I agree with OP, no excuse to be home with your parents at 25. Even worse if the child isn't worried about it than the parents.
Yes there's inflation but this won't be the last.

I’m gonna beg to differ with you there, I lived with my parents until I was just shy of 28 while most other people I know moved out in their early 20’s and from a housing perspective I ended up significantly better off than they did.

One buddy knocked up a girl at 22 and had to move out on his own, they rented several apartments and are now in a small 3 bedroom, 147 year old house for just under $2k a month. Just went hunting with him and things are tight, not sure he will really ever be able to get ahead of things at this point.

Another buddy moved out at 21 because his bitch of a girlfriend didn’t get along with his dad, he ended up in a small 1,000 sqft 2 bed house before she left him. He was able to upgrade to a 3 bed, 2 bath 1,200 sqft house only because his grandfather was moving and sold it to him below market value.

Another buddy’s parents moved an hour away on short notice and forced him to either move with them or buy his own place at 22. He ended up in an 700 sqft 1 bedroom house from the 30’s and with the housing prices it will be hard for him to upgrade anytime soon.

One of my brother’s buddies at 24 moved into a house that his parents helped him get, 4 years later he still has stud walls in several rooms and keeps trying to get people to move in to help pay his mortgage and thinks PMI is no big deal.

As for me the extra 6 years I lived with my parents after college let me put an extra $108k in the bank instead of a landlords pocket so when I moved out it was into a 3300 sqft 4 bed house that I can raise my future family in.

2k a month is a bit far fetched in most areas. My son and his buddies rent an older 3 bedroom one bath for a $625 a month. Yes newer houses and fancy apartments might go for this but when you’re young and starting out you don’t need this and have to make some sacrifices. At 23 I was married and had my first kid. Wife made minimum wage, I made $6.00 an hour. We never went without, didn’t eat out much but had a good life.

See the above, my buddy is renting the same type of house for a bit under $2k a month and he is out in the sticks. A similar house local to me would rent for close to $3k a month. That’s more than my mortgage and my house is almost twice the size.

Hell even the one buddies 700 sqft house would rent for $1,800 and that was before he cleaned it up, he could probably get over $2k a month now.

Reactions: kmdn_crew