• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More anti vaping marketing than anti cigs?

@M4orturnate
Tell us a little about your vaping if you don't mind.
After many years smoking and 13 years vaping both the wife and feel that it has helped us.
Do you chase flavors? Nic level? Any DIY?
What power level?

Last edited:
@M4orturnate
After many years smoking and 13 years vaping both the wife and feel that it has helped us.
What power level?

Vaping is a lot like black powder shooting. It is FULLY customizable in flavor, nic content etc...

PG is propylene glycol and it helps make the fluid more runnier and absorbent by the wick.

VG is vegetable glycerin. It produces the heavy and dense vapor and slightly sweet flavor. By itself, VG is VERY syrupy and hard to get to flow. PG is used to cut it and make it more watery.

Nicotine is available in PURE 100% in PG base for people who want to make their own fluid with customized nicotine content. So are flavors.

Commercial e-liquid is available from 0mg in 3mg increments up to 36mg nicotine. 36mg is equal to a light cigarette. 50mg in home brews is equal to a very strong cigarette like an American Spirit. I am a cigar and pipe guy so I run around 60-70mg in an Eonsmoke pen style mod to replicate a nice puff of Peterson Hyde Park tobacco for some indoor settings. No inhalation so I use a strong tobacco flavoring with a dab of dark roast coffee flavor to duplicate the Peterson pipe tobacco taste.

Reactions: Rocketvapor
I direct to lung and 30mg/ml seemed really strong to me. I went from cigarettes to cigars just for the hit.

We use commercial mods now but at pretty low level of Nic and Wattage.
Back when we started I made our own 'Mods'. Mostly single Li-ion powered.
_IGP1147.jpg

The E-Go style was popular back then with PWM, level powered by modifying pulse width.
eGo2_150min.jpg

When we started mixing our own juice I ran some different PG/VG ratios to measure viscosity.
With about a 50/50 VG/PG ratio I found adding a little distilled water, about 2-3% of the total VG gave a thickness about the same as 'commercial' E-Juice.

DrK-DIY-Lab-Kit-6min.jpg

I keep quarts of Black Cherry and Red Bull Flavor from https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-84-bulk-sizes.aspx
at least one unopened Gallon of PG and VG from https://www.essentialdepot.com/category/VG-PG.html,
and at least a liter of 100mg/ml Nic.
I do a titration for strength of all bulk received then into the freezer.

Last edited:
it's all about someone else trying to tell you how to lead your own life ( they know what's better for you , well more than you do .) if you want cancer smoke or vape it's your choice . I enjoyed smoking right up to when the taxes pushed the price over a dollar per pack then I had to let it go .also not being able to smoke in the hospital sort of put a nail in my smoking coffin . Know the risks then do what you wanna do . Personally i would not vape give me real tobacco and smoke not batteries or what ever the hell mixes with the vapors .

1E4EDA70-7614-4284-8921-9F65FCFC65B9.jpeg

Don’t care if you vape or smoke just don’t blow it in my face. You think that would just be a common courtesy though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigfatcock
@M4orturnate
What power level?
Went from 2 packs a day of marlboro reds to a 6mg menthol vape but found myself really needing to hit it a lot. Switched to 25mg of salt nic and now a puff here and there and im good. A bottle last me 2 weeks. I just use the smok2 and rpm coil nothing fancy. I feel healthy again and dont stink. Im sure its not exactly healthy but im basically in better shape now than 10 years ago. At some point im going to quit hopefully.

Reactions: Rocketvapor