• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes More ideas for an Ideal sniper/markmans scopemount

Re: More ideas for an Ideal sniper/markmans scopem

Yes I do, I have just sent a cuople of mounts away to UK.
Both to Eurotactical and to Riflecraft.

Håkan

For those of you that have asked when production fully starts and why I not have started to deliver on full scale yet.
I am sorry, but the project is only 6 months old, over this time there has been errors corrected and various changes.
So I am doing my best to get the production in full run, but I want to be sure about everything first.

I undertands that the pictures are teasing some of you, but that is not the intention. The intention is to get togheter a great scopemounting concept that offers various possibilitys to whomever the user is or what his needs are.
We also knows that the needs of the user are changing, so I prefers to try to make things in a way where possible future equipment will fit.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really feels like the US autoryities wanna kill as much of the US manufacturing as possible.
Håkan
</div></div>

Sad but true.

Love your work. I'm not through with this thread yet, I hope I get to the part where we can order them directly from you.

I do not see the problem you are trying to fix... There are a lot of different rings and scope combos... I read this thread and looked at the pictures as best I could, then I went outside and did some testing with my rifles...

Both Seekins Rings and one with a buddies Premier 3-15 and one with a 5-25 Premier.

Neither one of them when I was on scope at any zoom could I see anything but the rear objective, on max zoom or on min zoom... with both eyes open while on scope, if i took the time to find my windage or elevation knob with my reaction eye I could see it without coming off scope. Parallax required me to come off scope because it is on the left side of the scope and I shoot rifles left handed.

I measured out the magnification ring on my scope it is approx 1.85" in dia... and the rings are ~1.98" in width... leaving ~.065" of over lap, not much of a problem

now the top of the ring at best guess was .125-.250" taller than the mag ring... but again unless you use your reaction side eye/ non-scoped eye to find your elevation position you have to come off the scope anyways because you are too close into the scope to see any knobs...

Then there are scope caps...

Butler creek caps open perpendicular to the bore of the rifle ... so if you have a rear cap on it is going to open to the top or non bolt handle side... and obstruct the view of your knobs anyways, for me being left that would be my windage side... but with the Premier caps they almost open parralle to the bore and provide more FOV... but still extend past the rings ....

So i guess at least with my setup ( and I know their are lots of different caps and scopes ) I cannot see the problem you are trying to address.

As far as having a internal level built into the rings, again unless it extends out the side like a USO Bubble Level, or attatches to the rings on the side so it can be viewed with the reaction side eye, it cannot be viewed without coming off the scope anyways, because the FOV is entirely within the scope glass.

- Jason

4th seal

The scopes differs a lot, and a single turn SuB have very low turrets and very short middletube.
It's really difficult to se the turrets there.
It's easyer on Hensoldt, and it might be ok with Premier as well.

Then the problem is very different all depending on where you have you rear ring. If you are forced to have it very much forward then it's going to be difficult on most scopes.

I don't have any problems to see this level with my left eye.
And Of course will a separate level be more visiable, but then its separate and not always with you.
Maybe it's going to be broken off.
Here the level is included and it's always there.

If we look at the other problems i try do adress we have
1. the rotation of the scope
2. possibility of mounting extra accesories on the same mount, something that is close to impossible on the short smith u bender tubes.
3. an extremely sturdy mount.

Håkan

The problem is probably mostly my poor english is getting people to understand my points. I will try to explain in another way, here is some more pictures.
Here is one example on short middletube that prohibits the mounting of more equipment.
img4abd0d8f2a49c.jpg

img4ab2a15b879c0.jpg

Here is another example of low Smigh u bender turret
img4abcfd4ccb46e.jpg

Then in my opinion guns that already have an integrated rail such as Accuracy, Sauer, SAko TRG, etc should not have a loose (or sooon possible loose) picatinny rail screwed on to the top.
They better have a scopemount fitted directly to that rail and thus getting an extremely sturdy mount.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes is the quick releaste three ring sako mounts.
But I suspekt most of all the loose picatinnyrails.

Håkan </div></div>

Håkan,

But sako three ring mounts is not used picatinyrail to mount on Sako TRG! It mount direct to the action via dovetail. I am confuse here ?

Yes for sure you are, as they make them in two version, both TRG dovetail and picatinny.

Many choses picatinny as that is the fashion of the day.
But if you aint gonna swop scopes betwen a dedicated night scope and a dayscope, and the dayscope just are going to sit there permanently the picatinny is just an introduction of extra heigth and problems........

Håkan

looks good.. dont make the rings too wide, especially since they are fixed as far as spacing.. keeping them narrow will allow as much forward/reverse movement as possible so that shooters can set there eye relief properly.

looks sweet

The rings are 1,25" wide, and if they where much less there would not be any interface surfaces.
The 1,25" is also helping to get a good grip on the scope, and also stabilizing the scope during recoil.

SO i can't see that there is so much choise when it comes to that measuerment.

Håkan

OK I'll bite---Ramen is a cheap noodle meal used when trying to save money

We use "snabbmakaroner" (quick macaroni's) in Sweden when money is tight, or if you're a student who prioritizes alcohol.. - but (Damae)Ramens are obviously the more tastier choice!
wink.gif

Will get me a Spuhr mount for my AI AW .308 as soon as possible, my friend is trying a pre-series prototype on his Rem 700 6,5x47 Lapua and it looks absolutely stunning compared to his old Badgers..!

Hi

Here have been quiet for a long time now.
I have continued working on the mounts, and there is a few important changes that has been made.
The finnish are changed to a hard coated sealed matte finnish.
And most importantly the interface connections have been changed to a conical solution that not is so tolerance sensitive as the former version.
So now we will make a test run of approximately hundred mounts next week to see if everything works out ok.
Within this testrun there will be picatinny, Accuracy, TRG, Sauer SSG mounts.
Also a much lower picatinny verison will be tried.

Thank you very much everybody for your good ideas and tips to make a superior scopemount system.

Håkan

Oh this is facinating. Those are the most elegant mounts I've seen. Hats off to you Spuhr, and I'm looking forword to spending my hard saved money on your products.

A test run of a little more than hundred mounts are being machined right now, I expect them to be ready for delivery in mid-late may.
There is various heights for Picatinny, but there is also some trial versions for Sauer SSG, TRG and Accuarcy int.

Håkan

Hakan,
I would agree that this is the most innovative and well thought out system I have seen in years. I will be in line for 34mm Schmidt Bender Mounts for Sako TRG 22/42 Dovetails. If they are anything like the quality of thought behind your product I will stock and recommend them to my customers...

A suggestion. Trust your intuition and don't get bogged down with too many requests for special mounts. I LOVE single turn Schmidt Benders and your mount seems to be poetry in motion for that scope.

You ARE on the right track.

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

it looks very cool but I dont like the way it attaches to the rail. I say take the time to make it return-to-zero and quick disconnect / connect and they will sell like hotcakes!!!!!

Enkry

I do fully understand you'r wishes but I don't belive the are fully realistic..........

Technically against my mount there is a problem with detachable mounts as I like to have interface surfaces on the left side of the gun, for various assesories.

For a serious sniperrifle I do not belive in detachable mounts, for a good semiautomatic rifle its probably ok, but for a serious real zero at long range, it's really to ask for to much.

However I am working (slowly, very slowly) on a solution that still makes it possible to have assesories on the left side and at the same time have the lever from the left side.

Håkan

Håkan,

what is the MOA or MIL slope on the mount? I typically see 20MOA, 30MOA and 40MOA here in the states. It sure makes it easier to use more of the scope elevation and shoot farther that way.

I varies betwen the models and it will be marked in both mils and moa.

So for picatinny there will now be made 6mils/20-6 MOA
a small run of 14mils/44,4 MOA

TRG is 7 Mils/24 MOA

Accuracy mounts is 9mils/31 MOA

Sauer SSG 6mils/24 MOA.

But anything can be made, espesially if there is a substansial order.......

Håkan

Spuhr-I need ONE! I am an operator and have a REm 70 R5 in AICS. I don't care how heavy it is....heavier and stronger the better. I am getting my kit ready for some work this summer and I am looking for a mount with bubble level and I want a Micro red dot on top of 40 mil objective lenses. Of cours I have played with bubble levels mounted on a separete ring and I have played with various rings that have ring caps with a rail on them for mounting a laser, red dot etc. But because they get so high its not comfortable for long term observation. And I need a system that will hold up under the worst conditions and still do the job day after day.

Beautiful work my friend......I have a co-worker who makes his home in your neck of the woods...I expect we will be working together again. I will shoot him an email about your product...he shoots a 30ml tube as do I and he is also a bolt gunner.

Many thanks-Derek

36710_465621679407_680984407_6424647_1211320_n.jpg

36710_465621674407_680984407_6424646_7847533_n.jpg

So testbatch of 150 mounts are finally under assembly.
So shipments will soon begin.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the mount was made in Stainless instead of 7075 the price would increase quite a lot.
And I dont think the weight would be affected in a positive way, so I will probably stick to 7075.
Everything I do, is normally in 7075 or stainless and I avoid mostly other alloys.

Have been planning to machine some parts where weight is a big concern in Magnesiumalloy thogh, but I have not really had time for it.

Håkan </div></div>

7075 is the perfect choice alloy for what you are doing. Very nice! Please let me know when these are available for purchase as Id like to put one thru the paces. Thanks

As here now finally is a testbatch of mounts ready, I suppose those of you who have contributed with nice ideas wanted to see what happend to the "Ideal sniper scope mount"
Here comes a full desription about where the mount is today and lessons learned here at Snipershide.

36006_465815544407_680984407_6430256_6989722_n.jpg

36006_465815554407_680984407_6430258_4652169_n.jpg

1 Strong sturdy mount with many interface surfaces to make adaption of more or other equipment in the future.
There is seven interfacesurfaces where additional equipment can be mounted.

37367_465816934407_680984407_6430294_8193196_n.jpg

2. High visiability of knobs so the shooter can see even low turrets from shooting position.

37367_465816939407_680984407_6430295_3278856_n.jpg

3 Preparation of rings for gluing, for those who like that, for all others the turned slots makes a stronger hold of the scope (lesson learned here at SH)
The markings of the mount is both in Mils and MOA.
Mostly people here in europe know they need a 20 or a 30 MOA base, but they do not know what it means.
By adding the mil number its easyer to understand how much the tilt is

34295_465817659407_680984407_6430308_1490910_n.jpg

Special solution for odd guns, here a Sauer SSG mount.

34295_465817664407_680984407_6430309_30995_n.jpg

Attachment surfaces minimized to make repetability against the picatinnyrail more exakt.

34295_465817669407_680984407_6430310_7132011_n.jpg

Special tool included to make the rotation of the scope more precice and much more simple.

Håkan

The main point is to make one of the strongest and best sniper/marksmen mount manufactured.
That is done by using best grade aluminium 7075, sufficient dimensions and NOT using sandvish techniqe and insted keeping the numbers of parts in the mount as few as possible.
That is also the reason why the mount is fixed and not QD.

The finnish today is a sealed hardcoat, that is military approved and tested.

The idea about having high visiability is mainly here in Europe where PMll are very popular, and as they normally have very low knobs that is really an issue.

Teh seven interface surfaces are because everybody knows their needs and assesories today, but not tomoroow.
So by having a number of interfaces, the user can always adapt his mount to fit to the battelfield he will come to tomorrow.

37367_465816929407_680984407_6430293_8077269_n.jpg

37367_465816924407_680984407_6430292_5974279_n.jpg

36006_465815559407_680984407_6430259_7030921_n.jpg

You don't want the foreend to touch the barrel, you don't want to mount your scope on the foreend, but you are mounting your laser there.........
As the forend is used for supporing the gun in all positions and also that part that often takes hits during transportations I belive in many cases it might be better to put a laser on somewhere else.
That way the laser is unaffected by the support to the foreend.
36006_465815539407_680984407_6430255_5002440_n.jpg

Håkan

A little teaser for all you yanks and the rest of you.
For once I'm pleased not to live in the U.S, which this time meant the I got this before the rest of you SOB
grin.gif
wink.gif

Some pics are worse than other but what the hell, right?

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

yep put me down for 3-4 of em
laugh.gif

That looks great!! Can you see the level while you are sighting in?

If you were asking me, then yes, see through the scope with my right eye and there´s no problems to throw a quick look with your left eye at the bubble without moving my head. if you can´t do this:
marty_feldman.jpg

"USA calling Håkan, USA calling Håkan! How do we in America purchase one of these Spuhr Ideal sniper/markmans scope mounts? Need form of payment and address, over!"
wink.gif

You can buy it dirctly or easyest from TNVC.com
Mounts can also be bought directly from us (www.spuhr.com).
So far it's still in an early stage so we do still not have a great stock of them.
But more mounts are under way, to keep up with the interest.
The mount is still in a development status.
Now with this first batch of mounts I have realizied that some scopes did not fit in some of the mounts.
I cant see any problems with leupolds, nightforce etc,but some european scopes with big housings in the middle of the scope, came in conflict with the mount.
So if you have such a scope, please tell me what you have an I tell you if it works.

Håkan

I couldnt find them on the TNVC website, or a price on yours, Any idea of the price for a 34mm set for a S&B with a 10mrad cant?

cheers mate, nice work again,

JJ

They are not yet on the TNVC website.

So far the following is machined
Picatinny
30 and 34mm 28 mm heigth 0mils/0moa and 6 mils/20,6moa
34mm 37mm height 6 mils
34mm 37mm height 13 mils/44,4 moa

TRG
30 and 34mm 35mm height 7 mils/24 moa

AI
34mm 35mm height 9mils/31 moa
34mm 44mm height 9 mils

Sauer SSG
30mm 35mm height 6 mils

More models will for sure follow, but I must start somewhere and now I gotta check how the different mounts works against all scopemodels and if there is any mechanical conflicts.

All heights are top of rail to center of scope

Regards Håkan

do your Picatinny rail 34mm 37mm height 13 mils/44,4 moa mounts fit the Premier Heritage 5-26x56mm ok? Or should I wait for another model?

That would work fine.
What kind of gun do you intend to put it on?

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do your Picatinny rail 34mm 37mm height 13 mils/44,4 moa mounts fit the Premier Heritage 5-26x56mm ok? Or should I wait for another model?

</div></div>
Same scope on an AIAWSM pic rail here....