• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More kung flu hysteria

NCHillbilly

Libertata Aut Morte
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2012
    The occupied states of America
    So, the family and I went out this evening to shop for a new mattress and sit down at a restaurant for a meal. Since King Roy I granted us phase II of allowing us to feel sorta free, we decided to get out of the house for a bit. Went to the first mattress store, checked out a few, asked a few questions, and left. It was our intention all along to shop around a little bit. So, we walk into the next store, obviously stirring the salesman from a semi-conscious state. He gets up, straightens his suspenders, puts his mask on, and walks towards us. My 9yo daughter sits down on the first mattress she comes to, and the man says "miss, you can't touch the mattresses". My wife and I were both momentarily taken aback. My wife says "we can't try out the mattresses", and the man points to a small sample of fabrics and says "oh, we have some things over here for you to look at. She says "don't bother, we'll come back when the virus is gone".
    Have any of you folks experienced any stupid shit that just made you stand back and say "WTF"? If I can't lay back on your overpriced fuckin mattress before I pay you some ridiculous price for it, why are you even open ?
    This fuckin lunacy is just about to get the best of me.

The wife and I also took advantage of Herr Pooper's magnanimous slackening of "the rules" this afternoon. We went and sat down to an early supper at Chiles.
    Our server wore her mask. Unfortunately she did not remember to put in our queso and chips order, and it nevermore entered her brain apparently. At one point she forgot her mask and went running back to get it. I couldn't care less about her remembering her mask...my queso however....

Cracker barrel was our first stop, unfortunately they were still hunkered down. Cracker barrel has become a shithole anyway. Only thing keeping ours afloat are unsuspecting tourists....and my wife's craving for meatloaf.

I'm not about to buy a mattress unless I can lay on it...ever. If I buy one at Sam's, I'll lay that bitch out in the floor...and lay on it.
    I'm betting you were messing up that guys unemployment check....matter of fact, I know you were.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    We went to denny's last night. The seating was every other table. The salt and pepper came out in little take out cups. The menus were printed paper. The waitress wore her mask under her nose. And it was slower than Christmas. And the ketchup was in a take out cup too. The Tabasco was in the bottle. I guess it eats through take out cups. WTF!

The wife and I also took advantage of Herr Pooper's magnanimous slackening of "the rules" this afternoon. We went and sat down to an early supper at Chiles.
    Our server wore her mask. Unfortunately she did not remember to put in our queso and chips order, and it nevermore entered her brain apparently. At one point she forgot her mask and went running back to get it. I couldn't care less about her remembering her mask...my queso however....

Cracker barrel was our first stop, unfortunately they were still hunkered down. Cracker barrel has become a shithole anyway. Only thing keeping ours afloat are unsuspecting tourists....and my wife's craving for meatloaf.

I'm not about to buy a mattress unless I can lay on it...ever. If I buy one at Sam's, I'll lay that bitch out in the floor...and lay on it.
    I'm betting you were messing up that guys unemployment check....matter of fact, I know you were.
    He'll not have to worry about me ruining his day again. I'll sleep on the fuckin floor before I go back in his store.

Stupid shit? Yes! Every dumbass assembling a sandwich or burger for a living still wants to put extra fucking mayo on every order after telling them at least twice 'No Mayo'. I pretty much want to flamethrower everyone every time I go to town. I probably would have dog dragged my bare ass across that mattress and laughed like the dude in the shining while doing it.

Costco has gone full retard with the stupid, fucking mask thing. They will not let you in the place unless you behave like a good little sheep and put the placebo (mask) on.

I honestly did not expect to see the level of hysteria and stupidity on display in my lifetime.

Costco has gone full retard with the stupid, fucking mask thing. They will not let you in the place unless you behave like a good little sheep and put the placebo (mask) on.

I honestly did not expect to see the level of hysteria and stupidity on display in my lifetime.
    My daughter has a very mild form of asthma, and is sometimes triggered by smoke, or over exertion, and a few other things. It's usually very controllable, but a couple of weeks ago, she had a few spells, which really upset her, and concerned her mother and me. So I get home from work one afternoon and the wife tells me " I called the allergy and asthma center today to try and get an appointment for our daughter, but the receptionist said they weren't doing that right now". WTF. Why are they open , if they"re not gonna do their job.

My daughter has a very mild form of asthma, and is sometimes triggered by smoke, or over exertion, and a few other things. It's usually very controllable, but a couple of weeks ago, she had a few spells, which really upset her, and concerned her mother and me. So I get home from work one afternoon and the wife tells me " I called the allergy and asthma center today to try and get an appointment for our daughter, but the receptionist said they weren't doing that right now". WTF. Why are they open , if they"re not gonna do their job.
    Gf had this issue. Sudden major vision change. Gets an emergency optometrist appointment. Everything is healthy, but her prescription changed a fair bit. "sorry, our insurance won't cover us writing a new script or making glasses, you'll have to come back in a few months"

What?

My fellow Tarheel,
    I feel your pain. Myself and my mother have needed to see a doctor several times between us, since this horseshit started.
    I did manage to actually see a doctor 2 weeks ago, but not before I showed my ass.
    I called my doctor and they set up a "virtual appointment". Told me to wait by phone on Friday, I'd get a call, nurse would take my info and symptoms, then send me a link on my phone to the virtual appointment. I would then be in a video conference with my doctor. They never called, they never linked, I sat at home all day waiting.
    So I get a call monday. They are doing a follow up on my virtual appointment. "What virtual appointment?"
    "Well it says here, Dr.Pepper saw you on friday in a video conference."
    "No he didnt."
    "I have here that he recommended blood tests for smilinmightyjesus."
    "Uh...that was March 5th."
    "Oh. So it was."
    "Yall were about to bill my insurance weren't you?"
    "Oh...nosir."
    "Well no matter. I'm thinking I might as well just go to urgent care. How is doctor pepper gonna check my abdominal symptoms in a video? Is he gonna have me poke my own belly?
    "Um....I can get you an actual appointment for tomorrow at Saint God's."
    "That'd be friggin fantastic Karen. Thank you."

My suggestion. Get ugly with them...in my case a vicious snark attack was good enough.
    I'm fixing to get shitty with them again over momma.

My diagnosis was duodenal ulcer. My bloodwork was normal. So I can calm my nerves, which were making my ulcer worse!

I do hope you get some help for your daughter. I'll keep her in my prayers.

My fellow Tarheel,
    I feel your pain. Myself and my mother have needed to see a doctor several times between us, since this horseshit started.
    I did manage to actually see a doctor 2 weeks ago, but not before I showed my ass.
    I called my doctor and they set up a "virtual appointment". Told me to wait by phone on Friday, I'd get a call, nurse would take my info and symptoms, then send me a link on my phone to the virtual appointment. I would then be in a video conference with my doctor. They never called, they never linked, I sat at home all day waiting.
    So I get a call monday. They are doing a follow up on my virtual appointment. "What virtual appointment?"
    "Well it says here, Dr.Pepper saw you on friday in a video conference."
    "No he didnt."
    "I have here that he recommended blood tests for smilinmightyjesus."
    "Uh...that was March 5th."
    "Oh. So it was."
    "Yall were about to bill my insurance weren't you?"
    "Oh...nosir."
    "Well no matter. I'm thinking I might as well just go to urgent care. How is doctor pepper gonna check my abdominal symptoms in a video? Is he gonna have me poke my own belly?
    "Um....I can get you an actual appointment for tomorrow at Saint God's."
    "That'd be friggin fantastic Karen. Thank you."

My suggestion. Get ugly with them...in my case a vicious snark attack was good enough.
    I'm fixing to get shitty with them again over momma.

My diagnosis was duodenal ulcer. My bloodwork was normal. So I can calm my nerves, which were making my ulcer worse!

I do hope you get some help for your daughter. I'll keep her in my prayers.
    Thank you, and likewise. My patience is wearing thin with a lot of this. You either do your job, or shut off the lights, lock the door, and go home. It pisses me off to know there are a lot of people who want to work and can't, then you have these that are open, but refuse to do their job.

I'm going to have elbow surgery the middle of next month. 3 days before surgery I have to get tested for china flu.

I like the mask....ive always wanted a way to isolate from the retards. Now I know which ones to avoid. Those of you required to wear mask for your job should make that shit difficult for the enforcers! I wont shop were they require mask. Im usually one to avoid confrontation or talk shit, but this shit show is bringing out the asshole inside me!

Gf had this issue. Sudden major vision change. Gets an emergency optometrist appointment. Everything is healthy, but her prescription changed a fair bit. "sorry, our insurance won't cover us writing a new script or making glasses, you'll have to come back in a few months"

What?
    not sure what insurance she has but I have VSP and they are the same way. My eyes are such a pain in the ass multiple visits a year, but I only get one visit and one script per year covered everything else is out of pocket. -7.5, Astigmatism, cataracts and post vitreal detachment and lots of floaters(eye turds!)It gets expensive quickly! Hope she can manage till the next grind on her glasses

We’re required to wear masks at a job site, including outside work. That being said, I’ve seen no one wear a mask on our jobsite, including outside work....or our inspectors. 🤣

Reactions: Bender
    I ran through the Dairy Queen drive-thru last week for some ice cream. Was told to put a mask on before reaching the window. They’ve lost their minds.

• Wow
    Reactions: armorpl8chikn
    Ordered a Domino's pizza a few days ago and after the 2 hour delivery time I get greeted by a mask wearing delivery guy and ended up paying 25 bucks for a fucking Domino's pizza! Granted it was only 21 bucks, but all I had on me was 20s and 5s, so wanna-be Sub-Zero got a 4 buck tip. So yeah, pizza was amazing and all, but just had to bitch.

On a lighter note, I don't know if it's due to the weather warming up or things being reopened or both, but I'm actually hearing kids play outside again. It was so weird for so long not hearing any kids screaming outside because the area I live in is loaded with kids playing outside. So yeah, things are getting back to normal slowly. At least normal for my state. :rolleyes:

Many years ago a friend ordered a sandwich without pickles. He checked his sandwich at the counter and it had pickles. He called the sandwich maker over and picked up the pickles. He looked the guy in the face and asked. "Do you know the difference between pickles and pussy?" Then he threw the pickles across the counter on the wall.
    I am sure that left an impression.
    Stupid shit? Yes! Every dumbass assembling a sandwich or burger for a living still wants to put extra fucking mayo on every order after telling them at least twice 'No Mayo'. I pretty much want to flamethrower everyone every time I go to town. I probably would have dog dragged my bare ass across that mattress and laughed like the dude in the shining while doing it.

• Haha
    not sure what insurance she has but I have VSP and they are the same way. My eyes are such a pain in the ass multiple visits a year, but I only get one visit and one script per year covered everything else is out of pocket. -7.5, Astigmatism, cataracts and post vitreal detachment and lots of floaters(eye turds!)It gets expensive quickly! Hope she can manage till the next grind on her glasses
    The optometrist insurance would drop the office if they provide regular service during lock down. Gf health insurance is fine.

Out shopping for groceries the other day and had my mandated mask of sorts on - a Don't Tread on Me Gadsden Bandana.

Peeps don't know whether to tell me to remove it or keep it.

Lots of new body language to interpret in the age of Corona Virus.

Saw the guy that will practically lose his dentures coming to a halt so as not to break the 6 foot distance.

Peeps that look at you like a leper when you miss the aisle direction arrow and enter the wrong way.

The cunt that drips with authority telling you line starts where and you better get in order. You just know she'd attach the battery to your testicles if asked to do so.

Than there was the ray of sunshine.

The guy stocking shelves that says "Nice mask" in a whisper. Than you tell him you wish you were not wearing it and he spills his guts to tell you he thinks it's all fake and he just wants to go back to driving a bus but that job is non essential and here he is stocking shelves.

I'll split my ammo with shelf guy.

The optometrist insurance would drop the office if they provide regular service during lock down. Gf health insurance is fine.
    Shoot where do you live? My opto has been open for weeks kinda forgot how much of the rest of the country is still in hyper-spaz-hysteria'woohanz mode.

Lots of new body language to interpret in the age of Corona Virus.

The nice young lady behind me in the grocery store checkout lane the other day seemed to be having fun trying to flirt with me from behind her mask. Truth be told, I was entertained as well.

• Haha
    I heard pain management clinics still require an in-person appointment for a prescription renewal, but you don't see a doc. You drive up to a window, a nurse verifies ID and gives you a prescription and next appointment remnder...60 seconds tops. When I asked why they couldn't do this over the phone/video, the response was they can bill more for in-person appointments.

Had to get a new family doctor, as my doctor for the last 5 years moved. Luckily he's meeting new patients through all this, so I meet him, he asks some questions about my health history and I let him know the reason for needing to see him, which was nail fungus. So he says make an appointment in a couple weeks and let the nail grow out to take clipping. I make an appointment and a week before the date, his receptionist calls and says they are only doing appointments over the phone and he will call instead of me coming in. So the day comes and he calls, asking what I need to see him for. I tell him again nail fungus, and he says the same thing again. Let it grow, and he will call back to make an appointment to come get a clipping, which was already the plan. He never called back.

I heard pain management clinics still require an in-person appointment for a prescription renewal, but you don't see a doc. You drive up to a window, a nurse verifies ID and gives you a prescription and next appointment remnder...60 seconds tops. When I asked why they couldn't do this over the phone/video, the response was they can bill more for in-person appointments.

No. You can't call-in or FAX a script for a Sched.II medication. It requires a written script, not a copy, no more than a 30 day supply, and no refills - a new script is required every time. These are DEA regulations, and with all the opioid crisis problems going on, they will nail your hide to the wall if they aren't followed (loss of license and jail time).

I fucking hate mayo also. I have the same problem here.

No. You can't call-in or FAX a script for a Sched.II medication. It requires a written script, not a copy, no more than a 30 day supply, and no refills - a new script is required every time. These are DEA regulations, and with all the opioid crisis problems going on, they will nail your hide to the wall if they aren't followed (loss of license and jail time).

That explains the prescription drug addiction problem.

I'm going to have elbow surgery the middle of next month. 3 days before surgery I have to get tested for china flu.
    Yeah, I had to get mine done 48hrs before my neck surgery.

Reactions: Jscb1b
    I didn't care for doctors or the medical profession BEFORE the bogus Kung Flu hysteria, even less now. They are perpetuating this unfounded hysteria and fear.

My neighbor saw her doctor last week (or tried to). Her "appointment" was done in the parking lot, fast food drive-thru style. I think she only saw a nurse, not the actual doctor. Of course she was charged full price. The doctor was out golfing, with his mask on.

Pretty simple. Instead of seeing a patient every 15, 20 mikes and listening to symptoms, I run through 50-60 an hour saying. "I hurt." Heres's your prescription. See you in 30 days..

Pretty simple. Instead of seeing a patient every 15, 20 mikes and listening to symptoms, I run through 50-60 an hour saying. "I hurt." Heres's your prescription. See you in 30 days..
    Unless something has drastically changed due to Covid, that's not how it works.

Those folks you mention in line every 60 seconds would be people who are existing patients getting refills and have already been seen before. They would be doing the same thing if the office was fully open - just coming by (except inside) to get their new monthly script. They still have to have an exam periodically to determine if they still need really them.

That said, I don't deal with people, so if they have some new Covid-related change in regs to allow scripting a Sched II without an exam I am unaware of it. But if such a change does exist, it would only have been for the last two months, and of course the prescription drug problem has been around for decades.

But the regulations for a Sched II script I previously outlined definitely are not contributing to the problem (which I took you to mean by your response, sorry if I misunderstood). They are a real PITA for us. But, they have drastically reduced the number of scripts being handed out nationally because they are under much more scrutiny. Anyone handing out scripts at 60/hr to just anyone who says "they hurt" is going to jail in short order.

Unless something has drastically changed due to Covid, that's not how it works.

Those folks you mention in line every 60 seconds would be people who are existing patients getting refills and have already been seen before. They would be doing the same thing if the office was fully open - just coming by (except inside) to get their new monthly script. They still have to have an exam periodically to determine if they still need really them.

That said, I don't deal with people, so if they have some new Covid-related change in regs to allow scripting a Sched II without an exam I am unaware of it. But if such a change does exist, it would only have been for the last two months, and of course the prescription drug problem has been around for decades.

But the regulations for a Sched II script I previously outlined definitely are not contributing to the problem (which I took you to mean by your response, sorry if I misunderstood). They are a real PITA for us. But, they have drastically reduced the number of scripts being handed out nationally because they are under much more scrutiny. Anyone handing out scripts at 60/hr to just anyone who says "they hurt" is going to jail in short order.

So how does someone become addicted to controlled substances?

I don't know. My patients do not, because they can't access it themselves (as Larry would say, *Hint*) 😛

But I think the answer probably is a combination of doctors prescribing them when not completely necessary, lying patients, "doctor shopping," and yes there are some MDs out there who are unscrupulous. Then there is a huge black market supply available coming in from China and Mexico. Also, keep in mind that the tighter regs that I'm talking about have only been around a few years now. Prior to that it was much easier to prescribe and the new addiction rate was higher then than since they were enacted.

I'm trying to follow what you're getting at, but I can't for some reason. What I posted originally about scripting laws, you responded to by saying "No wonder there's a problem." But the point is that those laws make it MUCH harder to hand out scripts like candy than in the past, and they prevent a scene like you described where NEW patients are getting NEW scripts for Sched IIs every 60 seconds with no exam or consultation. Only current patients who have existing prescriptions and have already met the prescribing requirements would be able to get a drive-thru refill script like that, and they have to be rechecked periodically to determine if they still need them. That was my only point. I am reading your response to mean that you think that those laws I outlined contribute to the problem, but it is the opposite. Again, sorry if that isn't what you meant.

Last edited:
    You take them for a reason. You like the high. Then you need the high. Then the doc cuts you off. Then you whore your self for heroin.

I have a new primary care doctor that I started with in March 2019 after not seeing a doctor for ~20 years. I’ve only seen the guy once for a physical (which I thought was not comprehensive at all) and a couple times on blood pressure checks (Which they told me were no charge but they collected a copay and my insurance got billed both times). So I had an appointment for March 13 2020, they called and said Telehealth, to which I said no (because of my very limited history with this doctor and two decade lapse in visits) and rescheduled for late April. Come late April they called again for Telehealth, which I again rejected and rescheduled for June 1. They called For Telehealth again this week and I unloaded on the bitch telling her that was unacceptable and I demanded an in person appointment. She gave me an appointment for June 5th, but I expect this to get pushed or cancelled.

You take them for a reason. You like the high. Then you need the high. Then the doc cuts you off. Then you whore your self for heroin.

Definitely.

There's also the scenario where they take them for some chronic pain and it helps for a while, then it doesn't but a higher dose does, then the cycle repeats itself, increasing the dose several times and they're still in pain and the doc cuts them off. Same result, but not necessarily for the high (at least as the initial cause for addiction).

Your answer to Eddie's question was the direct one. My answer in the previous post is different because I think he was asking in terms of how people get around the prescribing laws.

Last edited:
    I know up here in Canuckistania the narcotics prescriptions are done on a separate pad, and it is a 'triplicate' form. As I understand it, one copy stays at the doc's office, one goes to the pharmacy, and one goes to the 'government medications oversight board committee whatever'.

That, and the scripts are for 1 month, but they do allow for refills for 3 months. And no, you can't get it/them all 'at once',,,, you gotta get your regular med refills each month.

For that which I am prescribed, I pretty-much always try to take less than the 'daily allotment' simply because I don't like the things to begin with. But I have learned the hard way, of what life is like without. Huge difference, so keep 'up' with your med regimen.

Tried to go to Taco Bell for a quesadilla (no dice, they were out of chicken). Instead of handing each other money, the customer had to put payment into a soda cup and the cashier gave change back in a cup (not sure if it was the same cup but it wouldn't surprise me). Also, instead of handing the customer a bag with food, they put the bag on a tray and held the tray out the window.

Actually, the wife and I, went shopping for two mattresses and a dinette set on Friday. Sales guy was real accommodating, no mask for him or us, layed down on a few mattresses, picked two, then sat at a few dinettes, picked one, made the deal, saved over $600 bucks, Memorial Day sale and all, chatted it up with others and all was good. Only one bitch tho, delivery charges doubled, due to the Kung Flu. Other than that, it was almost business as usual. The wife was happy, because we actually got to go to Chillie's, for a sit-down dinner. Wait staff had masks, but, customers weren't required to wear them. Mac
    ETA: Sales guy laughed at me, when I asked for proof that the table and chairs, weren't made in the Repub. of Chicom, along with the mattresses. All items were made in Wisc. GtG!(y)(y)

Last edited:
    Tried to go to Taco Bell for a quesadilla (no dice, they were out of chicken). Instead of handing each other money, the customer had to put payment into a soda cup and the cashier gave change back in a cup (not sure if it was the same cup but it wouldn't surprise me). Also, instead of handing the customer a bag with food, they put the bag on a tray and held the tray out the window.

I was back to work last week, traveling 300 miles from home. I'm not without concern, but I'm not going to act like an asshole either. My company mandates that I wear a mask and gloves when on a customer's site, I work in EHS so I can't really be the guy skipping the PPE. Most of my clients were doing temperature checks for their employees upon arrival and requiring masks. None of them asked me to submit for a temp check.

For restaurants I switched to credit card rather than my usual cash to minimize interactions. At the starbucks drivethru the girl was wearing a mask and handed me my drink cup out the window in a ceramic cup so she wasn't touching it. At other to go restaurants where I went in things were pretty normal with the staff wearing masks and gloves. I went to three sit down restaurants, one was the first day they were allowed to reopen, all were short on staff and slow.

I'm playing road warrior for the next 5 weeks, no avoiding potential exposure for me but I'm not paralytic with fear like so many.

I don't know. My patients do not, because they can't access it themselves (as Larry would say, *Hint*) 😛

But I think the answer probably is a combination of doctors prescribing them when not completely necessary, lying patients, "doctor shopping," and yes there are some MDs out there who are unscrupulous. Then there is a huge black market supply available coming in from China and Mexico. Also, keep in mind that the tighter regs that I'm talking about have only been around a few years now. Prior to that it was much easier to prescribe and the new addiction rate was higher then than since they were enacted.

I'm trying to follow what you're getting at, but I can't for some reason. What I posted originally about scripting laws, you responded to by saying "No wonder there's a problem." But the point is that those laws make it MUCH harder to hand out scripts like candy than in the past, and they prevent a scene like you described where NEW patients are getting NEW scripts for Sched IIs every 60 seconds with no exam or consultation. Only current patients who have existing prescriptions and have already met the prescribing requirements would be able to get a drive-thru refill script like that, and they have to be rechecked periodically to determine if they still need them. That was my only point. I am reading your response to mean that you think that those laws I outlined contribute to the problem, but it is the opposite. Again, sorry if that isn't what you meant.

Although things may be more strictly controlled now, it seems my (exaggerated) scenario was not far off the mark. From my casual reading, and a couple personal examples, many prescription addicts got their start after surgery or an accident. When they get their "jones on" (sorry if my street slang is sub-par) the doctor shopping and black market come into play.

I had spine surgery about six months ago. On discharge, the nurse gave me a bag with discharge instructions and a bottle of drugs she said was pain meds for seven days and if I needed more I would have to call for an appointment. Didn't think much about it until that evening when I was clear of the drugs they gave me in the hospital. I looked at the bottle and called a shrink friend and asked what is oxycotin (as I recall). He said it was an addictive pain killer. The bottle contained 48 pills. I remember thinking, "No wonder people get addicted," before flushing them.

I wonder how it got in the ceramic cup?

My guess is that the person who made the drink places the paper cup in the ceramic cup, but it could just as easily be the cashier touching it. I don’t care either way.

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: EddieNFL