• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More People ARE buying guns despite a lack of ammo

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
So I need a new rear main, motor mounts and drain pan gasket. I don’t want to deal w it so I’ll pay a professional.

My mechanic asked me if I knew where to buy 9mm. I don’t wear anything that signals “gun guy” heck I have a Supreme sticker on my truck just to throw folks off.

Dude is a new firearms owner. Bought 2 new pistols even though they didn’t have Ammo for him to buy.

I’m thinking of offering him Ammo as payment.

There are so many people still buying guns with no ammo availability. My dad asked me if I knew of any AR15s locally for sale because his neighbor decided he needed one. A buddy keeps buying guns but hasn't shot any of them because he cant find ammo. I don't understand it.

Last edited:
There are so many people still buying guns with no ammo availability. My dad asked me if I knew of any AR15s locally for sale because his neighbor decided he needed one. A buddy keeps buying guns but hasn't shot any of them because he cant find ammo. I don't understand it.

Forbidden fruit...

Reactions: adubeau and Maggot
I bought a pistol in .40SW recently despite not owning a single round of that caliber.

However my neighbor is sitting on 7+k of it that he doesn't shoot and we have planned to use it as our last ditch ammo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandhog308
Really don't need ammo in the old Superman series when the criminal emptied his revolver into Superman's chest he stood there and took the rounds smiling. When the criminal was out of ammo he threw the gun at Superman at which time Superman would duct not to get hit with the gun, I would avoid polymer frame guns go for the heavy steel.

That’s just America. Tell people they can’t have something or threaten to ban it and they will be off to the races. Tell them they can’t have knives and see what will happen. It’s just who we are.

So I need a new rear main, motor mounts and drain pan gasket. I don’t want to deal w it so I’ll pay a professional.

My mechanic asked me if I knew where to buy 9mm. I don’t wear anything that signals “gun guy” heck I have a Supreme sticker on my truck just to throw folks off.

Dude is a new firearms owner. Bought 2 new pistols even though they didn’t have Ammo for him to buy.

Never offer something as payment that can't be easily replaced.

people are buying guns as soon they wont be able to - assuming the ammo situation will rectify itself like it has in the past ...

I bought a pistol in .40SW recently despite not owning a single round of that caliber.

However my neighbor is sitting on 7+k of it that he doesn't shoot and we have planned to use it as our last ditch ammo.

7 K rounds he soesnt use? Thats a hell of a ditch.

• Haha
Reactions: HiDesertELR
people are buying guns as soon they wont be able to - assuming the ammo situation will rectify itself like it has in the past ...

Wont be it a bitch when Cameltoe says "Ya gotta turn in al your guns.

I sold a little ammo to people that were desperate. It was easy to tell them “I am not selling it for less than what i can buy it for” and still sold it for more, then got a midway notice that my ammo came into stock, for half what i sold it for. Was happy. I want to sell at these prices, but i fear it may not be replaced any time soon, if ever.

435CB672-85CB-4F1F-ABCC-5CEE7220F5C4.jpeg

But ghetto blasters are cool

well that pic didn't turn out so well... nonetheless cz scorpions in stock at KVAR.

There is tons of Ammo just not at prices people want to pay. And I’m not taking the crazy price gouging on gunbroker but from retail.

going to buy a good amount of 300 Norma today.

searched around found the best of the worst prices, and if their not lying about stock positions I’ll have it by next Tuesday.

Reactions: gunman_7
I continue to purchase tools and supplies regularly. Maybe that’s unwise, I don’t know. I want to start paperwork on a Deadair Sandman-S on Saturday but still on the fence about that. Trips to the range have ceased. I lucked into the medic spot for the city PD SWAT team and I’m training with them once a month. Luckily ammo is provided. But even they aren’t getting 9mm, had 1k rds of .223 for the ten of us last week. Basically worked low round count drills after a morning of different warrant service scenarios practice.
I think I’ll keep doing what I’ve always done until I can’t anymore. Just sucks that it’s become so much more expensive to do than it used to be.

A buddy keeps buying guns but hasn't shot any of them because he cant find ammo. I don't understand it.

It's not really difficult. It's like speculating on any type of market. You are wagering on a particular commodity being available at some point in the future, and/or reacting to particular events. Do any of us really believe that ammo is going to be forever unavailable? (I don't)

Did a quick survey at our last demo with the SWAT and PD attendees and a few have at least scaled back their live fire exercises due to low ammo.

Reactions: darkfader
Really don't need ammo in the old Superman series when the criminal emptied his revolver into Superman's chest he stood there and took the rounds smiling. When the criminal was out of ammo he threw the gun at Superman at which time Superman would duct not to get hit with the gun, I would avoid polymer frame guns go for the heavy steel.
That's why I keep a couple of 1911's in the safe. I can use them as clubs, with that 5" barrel for a hand-hold and there're heavy! Mac;)

It's not really difficult. It's like speculating on any type of market. You are wagering on a particular commodity being available at some point in the future, and/or reacting to particular events. Do any of us really believe that ammo is going to be forever unavailable? (I don't)

These aren't even any guns that would be banned anytime soon, if ever, even when they go after guns. It's panic buying at it's finest and rather comical.

I continue to purchase tools and supplies regularly. Maybe that’s unwise, I don’t know. I want to start paperwork on a Deadair Sandman-S on Saturday but still on the fence about that. Trips to the range have ceased. I lucked into the medic spot for the city PD SWAT team and I’m training with them once a month. Luckily ammo is provided. But even they aren’t getting 9mm, had 1k rds of .223 for the ten of us last week. Basically worked low round count drills after a morning of different warrant service scenarios practice.
I think I’ll keep doing what I’ve always done until I can’t anymore. Just sucks that it’s become so much more expensive to do than it used to be.
Getting the training needed, so when your dept. says, "Time to kick down them doors, boys/girls!"??
Just kiddin with ya. Just couldn't help myself, humor and all that. Mac:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: darkfader
These aren't even any guns that would be banned anytime soon, if ever, even when they go after guns. It's panic buying at it's finest and rather comical.
I think this is different than toilet paper. Everyone already (presumably) uses toilet paper. That's just batshit crazy. Nothing about our current situation involves the actual or literal, wiping of one's ass. But as pointed out, some people are buying guns for the FIRST time. I even know people that are buying, that have never shot before. It's feeding off of the momentum. First off, they don't know what they don't know. Secondly, sheeple go nuts when they see other sheeple doing certain things, and they have to get in on the frenzy for themselves. Thirdly, some people are genuinely afraid of all the other people who are panic buying and hoarding. And fourthly, the last group, rightly or wrongly, believes that their legal gun ownership is in peril.

If we want to view "not understanding" in the paradoxical sense, OK, I'm with you. I don't try to rationalize irrational behavior. I can certainly suss out the pseudo-logic, but root cause is somebody else's department. ;)

I was planning on building a custom but due to all this mess I’ve decided against.

Reactions: RMB
There is tons of Ammo just not at prices people want to pay. And I’m not taking the crazy price gouging on gunbroker but from retail.

going to buy a good amount of 300 Norma today.

searched around found the best of the worst prices, and if their not lying about stock positions I’ll have it by next Tuesday.

A month or 2 ago you could buy fgmm 300NM for $35. And hornady 65eld for $25.

Should have bought more.

Getting the training needed, so when your dept. says, "Time to kick down them doors, boys/girls!"??
Just kiddin with ya. Just couldn't help myself, humor and all that. Mac:ROFLMAO:

Is it a joke?

I’m sure they will say no to warrants involving unconstitutional things like
Red flags
“Prohibited persons”
Gun bans
Etc
Etc

Maybe for just the bullets. The Creedmoor is $45/box right now from
Midway and is out of stock

No sir. The price will update, for the 5 actual minutes that they have it in stock. Limit 10.

Although, on a re-check, I have to retract my statement. I lied to you. It was actually $34.99 a box. So strike my previous...

I have had a lot of luck with finding $25 boxes of Grendel ammo. Even found some (Hornady Black, NEVER Wolf) that was marked at $1 per round.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: deersniper

You should be able to pay for all that work with 14-17 rounds of 9mm with the current prices!

Is it a joke?

I’m sure they will say no to warrants involving unconstitutional things like
Red flags
“Prohibited persons”
Gun bans
Etc
Etc
With ammo being what it is, maybe a few of you could "trade it", for a favor or two. Like, if a dept. is running low or out, you could un-ass some, for them to "look the other way", when Un-Constitutional shit happens?? We could be on to something here, brilliant!! Mac;)

With ammo being what it is, maybe a few of you could "trade it", for a favor or two. Like, if a dept. is running low or out, you could un-ass some, for them to "look the other way", when Un-Constitutional shit happens?? We could be on to something here, brilliant!! Mac;)
That would be an awesome idea, only one problem our NEW Sheriff is going to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions....more than happy to explain off thread but not a constitutionalist and that is very troublesome for me and others.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

I know there’s some animosity for various reasons. I’m there to provide medical care to the team if needed, nothing more, nothing less. I hope I never have to do that. I seriously hope the situation you allude to never happens as well. I’m a firefighter/medic first, but I figure if I can make some side money off my skills, I’m going to. Being allowed to train with weapons along with more experienced personnel is a bonus. One never knows when that training might be relied upon.

That would be an awesome idea, only one problem our NEW Sheriff is going to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions....more than happy to explain off thread but not a constitutionalist and that is very troublesome for me and others.
I'm lucky, at least so far, my local Sheriff and P.D. Chief, are good people. Sooooo maybe I won't have to worry. Plus......I have NO ammo to un-ass(lost all of it in Lake Mich., along with the guns)! Mac:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: WDN-K-9
I need some .308 and went looking at Dumbroker. $1.70 a round and up for 500 round cases. There was one 500 round case at about $1.40 a round. Somebody was trying to tell me that was "cheap". I was like- huh? I paid $.80 a round for some XM80 3 months ago.

What we are seeing is a demonstration by the people as a whole of their faith in the Second Amendment. Even the Left has its converts to it. They are demonstrating that even though they understand that the ammo is not available now, the have sincere trust that it will eventually fall into their hands,

Makes one wonder whether it might pay to share some with some of them? Are we actually armed if we don't have ammo? Are they? Are we better off if there are more folks who are? Do we, or don't we have enough to share, and a common goal to the sharing?

I think it's worth a few moments' thought...

Would it make the Left nuts if it turned out they were oppressing their own? How would it affect the thinking of those lefts, who are on the receiving end?

Thinking about letting go some of my ammo, if 223 is really going for $1 a shot I’m gonna sell it off for a PVS14 WP

I've said for a long time that I wish I had the money to stock up in between elections/sandy hook type shootings in order to sell during times like this. Better return and safer investment with your money than the stock market.

I've said for a long time that I wish I had the money to stock up in between elections/sandy hook type shootings in order to sell during times like this. Better return and safer investment with your money than the stock market.
I’m doubting it at this point, but if we ever get cheap prices again I’m going to live by the words of Army Jerry.

I need some .308 and went looking at Dumbroker. $1.70 a round and up for 500 round cases. There was one 500 round case at about $1.40 a round. Somebody was trying to tell me that was "cheap". I was like- huh? I paid $.80 a round for some XM80 3 months ago.
I feel like an idiot. Just plinkin' 145-150 gr wa 0.80/rd 2 weeks ago; now it's like 1.40. Starting to wonder if this can be 401K funds...I mean, it's a great investment at the present...had you bought in March. In March $10K ammo would be about $50K if one had bought say 270 win, 6mm ARC, 6.5 CM, ..... 380ACP!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: nikonNUT and Bradu
People are hoarding ammo because the future of our gun rights is uncertain. Once the future becomes relatively certain again (ie. we see which anti 2A legislation passes) things will settle down. We do this every two to four years. Yes this is the worst shortage thus far, but this too shall pass.