• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mosin nagant scope solutions

Re: mosin nagant scope solutions

ati.. they sell a kit with a stock bolt handle and scope mount.. i got one about 3 years ago for 65 bucks threw cheaper thean dirt. got it insalled and havent shot it since

Kalinka Optics has the remakes (from same factory) of the WWII Pu scope mount and scope. It's a little price at around $400 but it looks fantastic. Or just pick up a scoped WWII reproduction from JG Sales.

Brownells has a kit bolt knob and scope base for 46.99. check it out

i got a scout scope mount on mine. it has held up really well and is not expensive. i will post pic when i get home!!

Weaver Side Mount:

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

I used the accu-mounts repo PE on my PE repo sniper. Very good quality and no issues mounting it. Its a deadly shooting antique!

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

WOW i feel embarrassed to show my scout setup. those rifle are sweet!!!!!

They also shoot VERY well ....

The PU is a gun I ordered from Classic Arms which is a a Century imports gun. The base rifle was a matching number Mosin with a mint barrel and the rest of the gun looks new. The scope and mount are commercial / steel PU. I almost sent it back becasue the scope mount was canted. It was too nice NOT to fix it properly so I took it apart and did it right.

http://fwd4.me/05zU

The PE is one that I built up. I found a mint hex receiver Mosin at a show. Finding a REALLY nice one is getting harder lately. Once I found a matching number rifle with a mint barrel I ordered the scope and hex mount from accumounts. No issues mounting it up. The scope is a nice quality but you can not zero out the turrets as the original PU/ PE scopes. I could make some new turrets but I have other things to do for a while!

Both rifles shoot Czech silver-tip 7.62X 54R into small 1" circles at 100 yards. Pretty amazing for a couple antiques and surplus ammo.

cal50-

Your good looking Mosins caught my eye, and I think I may have to add a PE to my Finn M-39 soon.

Have been doing lots of research, and I notice there is a "how to" on the Accumounts site on modifying the repro scope to allow reset to zero. You might wish to give it a look.

Cheers... Jim

This is the most "unique" (and the most involved) approach for mounting an optic on the MN...

Actually milled out the back end of the right side of the receiver, modified the bolt extensively to allow the bolt handle to be mounted further rearward. This allowed him to bridge the receiver ahead of the bolt handle in traditional fashion. I'd like to know more about how he actually did the mount- looks like it's welded in place...

Gotta hand it to the guy- very different approach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tttveTbF9NQ&feature=related

cal50-

I am impressed that you actually kept the original stock on the weapon. I was thinking of "sporterizing" my Mosin but just couldn't bring myself to do it. It looks so nice with the original stock. Awesome collection.

Intriguing thread, to greatly understate things. Albeit, even without yet clicking on the links, I somehow know that most of these mods likely run more coin than the shooters to which they're affixed. Not that such is at all unique here on SH. Nor, all in all, necessarily a bad thing.
If you can't see it, & direct accurate fire onto your target, the rifle's of little use ;-)

Thanks for the links guys. I've had an itch for one of these rifles for ages. Now I have an "excuse". Oh, & the above are some rocking rigs BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: houghtonSurvival</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cal50-

I am impressed that you actually kept the original stock on the weapon. I was thinking of "sporterizing" my Mosin but just couldn't bring myself to do it. It looks so nice with the original stock. Awesome collection. </div></div>

The original wood is in excellent shape and I could not bring myself to change it. Especially after shooting them. If they did not shoot well I would have changed them but I cant bag on either one of my Mosins.