• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most collectable sniper rifle

Re: Most collectable sniper rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PTRS-41
ptrs41-2.jpg

14.5 russian i think?</div></div>

anybody got a real one and not an "ultimate soldier" toy?

Seconded, the L42A1 would be a sweet rifle. you dont see many of them around at least down here in Oz, not sure about the US or UK though.

But it's a .308 enfield with the cut down stock and it just looks beautiful to me.

I love old sniper rifles, there's something about them that the current crop AIAWs and Remington's will simply never be able to match.

Gents,

Not sure about 'ultimate' but the Swede M41 is probably the best 'shooting' Sniper.

Not sure on the No4T not being accurate but this:

no4target.jpg

Was shot with this:

No4T.jpg

but scope has been rebuilt and the rifle was 'rescued' from and armoury in Rhodesia so I had to re-stock it and regulate it.

As for Sharps then I'm a bit biased towards the 'English' Sharps (the 77):

Sharps771.jpg

Brgds Terry

If you are after something thats rare & a good shooter with traditional looks , I would look at either a C3A1 or a Parker Hale M85 .

Later Chris

Well - I guess it depends on what you mean by "collectable" - means many different things to different people.

For me there has to be some historical aspect, for others it could be purely about a specific manufacturer, accuracy, technological achievement, most recorded kills, rarity or whatever.....

<span style="text-decoration: underline">This</span> is a "very nice K98k" - all matching byf41 + ZF39 Zielvier in SSR mount - only thing I'd consider "more collectable" would be a genuine SS rifle with single/double claw or swept back mount scope.

Like Terry above, I'm also a great fan of the Enfield No4T with either the Mk2 or Mk3 No32 scope.

After that? I'd look at a 1903, or an issued M40/M40A1 (if you could get them!):

Miltech98k003.jpg

right now on rock island auction's websight they have a smokin hot early m40a1 sniper rifle with an early smear stock and early green redfield accurange scope mounted.for the upcomming sept.auction. hopefully someone will post a link.

ntw20.jpg

3438.gif

Denel NTW-20 rifle. South african made, and retardedly expensive.

WA2000....Sold it in '06

WA20003.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WA2000....Sold it in '06

WA20003.jpg

</div></div>

I hope you got a large scrooge Mcduck pile of gold for it.

True Russian made 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant, the "Sniper" grade originally equipped with the German Zeiss glass (pre-WWI) Good luck finding one!!!

You can see one of those in the Moscow Military Museum, Russia.