• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

Re: Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">someone actually claimed this to me...no shit...ex army douche.
"i was a delta qualified sniper, not a delta sniper mind you, but I qualified to their standard. But anyhoo, when I was in Isreal serving with the IDF special forces snipers we were taking guys out at 5 miles away."

So I asked, with what?

" A .50 cal sniper rifle. Special ammo though that didn't use gunpowder. It's propellant was, well, pretty close to the same thing as c-4" </div></div>
I used to work with a guy who claimed to be a sniper in Iraq, the first gulf war. He said he was a Helicopter pilot, tank and helicopter mechanic but did a lot of sniping on the side. He would always say how working on machines was nothing but shooting some dude three miles away is enough to F*** anyone up. He was only forty said he spent 15 years running a nursery, twenty years as a mechanic in the army and three tours as a sniper. He also had over twenty years in construction. I don’t know how he over lapped all his jobs in such a short while but the truth got thinner with every conversation. </div></div>

Sounds like I heard these oddly familiar words somewhere on the hide before.

A friend who should know better said recently he was dying to get a Savage in .17 HMR because it was a flat shooting round out to a mile.

Ummmmmm...yeah.

Something like this...

"Yea I used to shoot the ears off of jackrabbits out to 500 yards, off hand with a 4x scope on a 243".

Same guy, same outfit, the following year he couldn't hit a standing deer at 200 yards!

B E A utiful --- - --

I had a guy tell me that he shoots 1200 yards with an M1A, standing and he holds 1/2" groups. That same guy also said he shoots ground hogs at 1000 yards with a .22 LR rimfire single shot "sears and robuck" with a 4x tasco scope.

after looking at my modified 10/22, a gentleman told me he hunts
pheasants and quail on his own property with a 22 and gets them
all with headshots on the fly so as not to ruin any meat!!
he does give partial credit to his singleshot bolt 22 Win. 'cause
they had special steel back then that can no longer be duplicated
----go figure

I was at my local range the other day, and there was a guy there with his hi-point 9mm Carbine that was telling people how he uses it to to shoot deer on his property at 400 yards...... I had to leave. LOL

So, I'm at my favorite gun counter with a friend looking at pistols, my friend asks about the Walther P22. I had one, so I tell him it's a cute little .22, fun to shoot at tin cans, but not terribly accurate (and has a kind of tough trigger).... A little fat dude with Coke lens glasses butts in and says it's as good as any target pistol, and he can shoot a squirrel in the eye at 25 yards with his.... I laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't Cha' Know ? Them Glasses of his is an Advantage !!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: craig s.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little fat dude with Coke lens glasses butts in...</div></div>

I swear there is one of these exact guys in every gunshop in America.

not accuracy claim, but total ignorance...i had a guy tell me today that he has a "korea style 30-06" rife chambered in 30-30 or something like that and that it will really reach out and touch somethin. but if he really wants to be accurate, he gets out his open sight mini14

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just this evening, here on the hide:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my Tac Ops built on a Savage 110 action <span style="font-weight: bold">shoots 1/10 MOA easy, and when I do my part, I get it closer to 1/16th,</span> Ive even got a 1/18th MOA group with it. </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...219#Post2111219

</div></div>

This was Epic. </div></div>
Too bad ive proved it true many many times... if anyone wants to see pics of target pm me.
Note this is all at 100 yds w. bipod and rear rest, good weather.
never claimed that the rifle can shoot this well past 100yds.

<span style="font-weight: bold">EDIT: well Frank aka LL deleted the shot group policy today</span>, so ill post my best one up;
Tac Ops Lima 63- 3 shots, 100 yds bipod and rear bag, shot in prone:
.363.5-.308= .055MOA which is roughly <span style="font-weight: bold">1/18th MOA</span>
Limagroup.jpg

Thanks
-Felipe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold">EDIT: well Frank aka LL deleted the shot group policy today</span>, so ill post my best one up;

Thanks
-Felipe </div></div>

What are you talking about? I see the rule still in place when I look...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just this evening, here on the hide:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my Tac Ops built on a Savage 110 action <span style="font-weight: bold">shoots 1/10 MOA easy, and when I do my part, I get it closer to 1/16th,</span> Ive even got a 1/18th MOA group with it. </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...219#Post2111219

</div></div>

This was Epic. </div></div>
Too bad ive proved it true many many times... if anyone wants to see pics of target pm me.
Note this is all at 100 yds w. bipod and rear rest, good weather.
never claimed that the rifle can shoot this well past 100yds.

Tac Ops Lima 63- 3 shots, 100 yds bipod and rear bag, shot in prone:
.363.5-.308= .055MOA which is roughly <span style="font-weight: bold">1/18th MOA</span>
Limagroup.jpg

Thanks
-Felipe </div></div>

You seem to be cheating that by quite a bit. You measure where the bullet marked the paper to, not just the hole.

Thats exactly where I measured, you can call BS if you want, I dont really care.
Edit: please explain to me where you see only the hole, the paper edges are there bud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks
-Felipe </div></div>

</div></div>
I dont and I was following the thread when they said they were gonna delete it, please link it.

You are only measuring the missing paper. Not the entire width of the holes. Everything, including the dark marks that happen to be the exact size of a round have to be included.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are only measuring the missing paper. Not the entire width of the holes. Everything, including the dark marks that happen to be the exact size of a round have to be included. </div></div>
And I measured everything. are you blind?

I remember this thread. Poor guy just wanted info on a rem rifle because he was having issues with his savage. Then he got completely hijacked with this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks
-Felipe </div></div>

</div></div>
I dont and I was following the thread when they said they were gonna delete it, please link it. </div></div>

Here you go...

Forum Rules

It's not worth arguing with the 100 yard paper killer known as AceSniper aka Savage110. He will never get it......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are only measuring the missing paper. Not the entire width of the holes. Everything, including the dark marks that happen to be the exact size of a round have to be included. </div></div>
And I measured everything. are you blind? </div></div>

Your picture (the one you posted to prove everything) shows that you don't know how to measure a group and also that you didn't get a .055moa group. If you really want to prove it, put the picture of the target without your caliper covering the holes and I'll put it though a computerized target measuring system. Then you'll have real numbers, and will have to have only shot three into maybe "the teens".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are only measuring the missing paper. Not the entire width of the holes. Everything, including the dark marks that happen to be the exact size of a round have to be included. </div></div>

Your picture (the one you posted to prove everything) shows that you don't know how to measure a group and also that you didn't get a .055moa group. If you really want to prove it, put the picture of the target without your caliper covering the holes and I'll put it though a computerized target measuring system. Then you'll have real numbers, and will have toe only shot three into maybe "the teens". </div></div>

First off all that group is from august... Dont hqve it anymore. Second off nothing is covered up. Its rediculous how some cant accept the truth when its right infront of them. You sir are an idiot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks
-Felipe </div></div>

</div></div>
I dont and I was following the thread when they said they were gonna delete it, please link it. </div></div>

Here you go...

Forum Rules </div></div>

There was the shot group thread with all the rules and it was deleted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Its rediculous how some cant accept the truth when its right infront of them. You sir are an idiot. </div></div>

The truth is you made an exagerrated claim and being very obnoxious trying defend it. You make a useless attempts to save face by calling folks names.

Looks like we're back to the <span style="font-weight: bold">"given 25 rounds, can you shoot five 5 shot groups on a single target that all measure 1/10 moa or less"?
If not, your rifle <span style="text-decoration: underline">does not shoot 1/10 moa easy</span>-period.</span>

Yours is still the most ridiculous accuracy claim I have ever seen. Even benchresters do not tout that kind of accuracy unless it can be done in an aggregate consistently. A one time "screamer group" is not indicative of anything. My 308 has shot 1/3moa 3 shot groups in competition at 500 and 600 yards under stressed time constraints, but at best I say it shoots "sub-moa" (I barely stayed out of the bottom 25% in that match, because there's more to it than that).

Hopefully you will quit being defensive and learn that this isn't a schoolyard. You have put many people off (online and in person) in this state with your attempts to be accepted.

I hope you can learn some humility, and the value of underpromising and over delivering. At least learn when to quit digging when you are in a hole.

I keep "giving you shit" because you are young and probably have the potential to be an asset to the shooting community, but you need to learn to walk before you can run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">I keep "giving you shit" because you are young and probably have the potential to be an asset to the shooting community</span>, but you need to learn to walk before you can run.
</div></div>

Well, lets not get carried away now...

A single 3-shot group does not a "shoots 1/10MOA or better - easy" gun make.

A blind idiot with a lousy-ass rifle has a non-zero probability of putting a very small group on paper at 100 yards - if anything, Savage may prove that.

One 3-shot group is the measure of the gun and the shooter: I find that very telling, and somewhat amusing.

I bet taking that target to your junior high dance got you lots of ass.

This clown demonstrates why a DD2144 or department letterhead at registration would be a nice way to flush the proverbial bowl.

You guys can kill a perfectly good thread no matter what the subject matter. This one was entertaining until it got personal.

I'll point us back in the right direction.

Not an accuracy claim, but almost as stupid. I met an older gentleman at a supplier the other day. When the talk around the service counter turned to guns, he told me he has a .22-250 he uses to shoot pdogs. Claimed the 50g bullet was going 5,000 fps at 450 yards, the range he typically shoots. I called BS on the velocity, and bet him $1,000 he wasn't breaking 4,000 fps at the muzzle. To his credit, he admitted he probably had the numbers mixed up. I was going to jump him on the 450 yard range by asking him his dope, but decided he was a pretty nice guy and didn't need me being a butthead. Besides, for all I know, he might actually be shooting dogs at 450.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">I keep "giving you shit" because you are young and probably have the potential to be an asset to the shooting community</span>, but you need to learn to walk before you can run.
</div></div>

Well, lets not get carried away now... </div></div>

See what I get for trying to be nice
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are only measuring the missing paper. Not the entire width of the holes. Everything, including the dark marks that happen to be the exact size of a round have to be included. </div></div>

Your picture (the one you posted to prove everything) shows that you don't know how to measure a group and also that you didn't get a .055moa group. If you really want to prove it, put the picture of the target without your caliper covering the holes and I'll put it though a computerized target measuring system. Then you'll have real numbers, and will have toe only shot three into maybe "the teens". </div></div>

First off all that group is from august... Dont hqve it anymore. Second off nothing is covered up. Its rediculous how some cant accept the truth when its right infront of them. You sir are an idiot. </div></div>

HA, you through away a ".055MOA" group. Now we all know you full of shit, and yourself.

Yeah, that's a really shitty group ,,,, No, it is a very good group, like the rest of you guys don't feel great when you + rifle dumps a clover.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

HA, you through away a ".055MOA" group. Now we all know you full of shit, and yourself. </div></div>
Its a piece of fucking paper bro, and thats why I took a pic, not just to show people on the net, but for memories. and who said I threw it away?
take a good hard look at the group again, please let me know if you honestly believe I didnt measure the whole thing.

I guess I could post up my .151 3 shot group my SPS tactical did!

Yeah that's right folks my sps tactical came with a 1/4 moa guarantee. Remington even sent me a personal letter with it auto graphed by the president of Remington. Don’t ask to see it, I threw that shit away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

HA, you through away a ".055MOA" group. Now we all know you full of shit, and yourself. </div></div>
Its a piece of fucking paper bro, and thats why I took a pic, not just to show people on the net, but for memories. and who said I threw it away?
take a good hard look at the group again, please let me know if you honestly believe I didnt measure the whole thing. </div></div>

Its quite simple. YOUR photo shows you holding the caliper inside the marks that the bullets made going through the paper. There for, you are not measuring the entire diameter of the group. Its also laughable that you expect anyone to believe you when you say you can't put your hands on something that is what would be considered damn fine shooting by bench rest standards. Thinking about it makes me wonder if you really believe your self and don't know any better or do you just need a new set of glasses? Picture added for the sake of argument. Make up you own mind. Fact of the matter is, you can't repeat it or you would, right? Answer yes now!... So do it...

Limagroup.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, that's a really shitty group ,,,, No, it is a very good group, like the rest of you guys don't feel great when you + rifle dumps a clover.
smile.gif

</div></div>

Saying this to maybe pad the ego of said AceSn1per (photobucket name), It is a great group. It is something to be very proud of, and yes YOU and your RIFLE did manage a seemingly improbable shot(s), But, its 3 shots, not 5. What we can see of the target next to it (while still very good) does not fall into the 1/10th MOA "Easy" claim.

As far as "dumping clovers", with 3 shots fired it happens about half the time I shoot at 100yds. Its those damn pesky fourth and fifth shots that always get a wild hair up there arse and go astray. I have a few 5 shot groups in the .17 range, but by no means do I claim my rifle or I can replicate even twice that on demand. I'm happy to be hitting 1/2 moa at 100 and 1moa at 600.

SO... to the AceSn1per, feel good about the fact that your not a bad shot. You managed a great 3 shot group, But don't come on a site dedicated to long range precision tactical rifle shooting and profess something that isn't so. Men and a few Women on here know where the truth lies. Don't act like you getting one over on anyone.

AceSniper: funny name for a kid.

That group next door 9in the picture) isn't being bragged about. And, again: one 3-shot group doe not a damn thing prove.

I've wasted 30 minutes or so of my life today on this thread.

no more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I could post up my .151 3 shot group my SPS tactical did!

Yeah that's right folks my sps tactical came with a 1/4 moa guarantee. Remington even sent me a personal letter with it auto graphed by the president of Remington. Don’t ask to see it, I threw that shit away. </div></div>

OMG I can't stop laughing, seriously I can't.

Funny as shit that once you post something on the internet it never goes away. Just ask about the picture of him in his AceSn1per desert camo suit with the baby swing in the background, EPIC!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I could post up my .151 3 shot group my SPS tactical did!

Yeah that's right folks my sps tactical came with a 1/4 moa guarantee. Remington even sent me a personal letter with it auto graphed by the president of Remington. Don’t ask to see it, I threw that shit away. </div></div>

OMG I can't stop laughing, seriously I can't.

Funny as shit that once you post something on the internet it never goes away. Just ask about the picture of him in his AceSn1per desert camo suit with the baby swing in the background, EPIC! </div></div>
I was like 13, I was in my hunting bdus, and I thought it was cool at the time.
( boy do I regret that photo). and that was when I made the photobucket and sniper central accounts, boy do I regret the latter of that one as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, that's a really shitty group ,,,, No, it is a very good group, like the rest of you guys don't feel great when you + rifle dumps a clover.
smile.gif

</div></div>

Saying this to maybe pad the ego of said AceSn1per (photobucket name), It is a great group. It is something to be very proud of, and yes YOU and your RIFLE did manage a seemingly improbable shot(s), But, its 3 shots, not 5. What we can see of the target next to it (while still very good) <span style="font-weight: bold">does not fall into the 1/10th MOA "Easy" claim.</span>

As far as "dumping clovers", with 3 shots fired it happens about half the time I shoot at 100yds. Its those damn pesky fourth and fifth shots that always get a wild hair up there arse and go astray. I have a few 5 shot groups in the .17 range, but by no means do I claim my rifle or I can replicate even twice that on demand. I'm happy to be hitting 1/2 moa at 100 and 1moa at 600.

SO... to the AceSn1per, feel good about the fact that your not a bad shot. You managed a great 3 shot group, But don't come on a site dedicated to long range precision tactical rifle shooting and profess something that isn't so. Men and a few Women on here know where the truth lies. Don't act like you getting one over on anyone. </div></div>
Some people have to be right. I am sorry but its not one group, beside me Im looking at a handful of groups that are in the .0XX, .1's, and low .2's, some 3 some 5 shot.
Im done, I guess you just cant win em all, and Im guessing you have to win this one to sleep well tonight.
Im done replying to this thread, like another poster said, I just wasted x amount of minutes reading this shit and that time could have been used on something productive.

Edit: to respond to the bolded part; I was doing ladder testing and it was witnessed by 2 hide sponsors, theres a reason that groups bigger, it was a different powder charge.

Savage, I am really looking forward to you backing up these accuracy claims and shut up these internet haters. I hope you are keeping your trigger finger pad filed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was like 13, I was in my hunting bdus... </div></div>

And now that you're <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like, 15</div></div> you know better, right?

1911fan

well, this thread has certainly gone downhill.

"Minute of Duck" still gets chuckles for those that have been around for a while.....

A guy i know says his son shot 350 yrds across cutover 3 shots all behind the shoulder on a deer.He told this with a straight face too.

I had a guy today, looked like he was in his 60's, at the gun counter where I work claimed he had a Colt Python 357 mag that was so accurate he could shoot a gnats ass off at 800yds. My coworker said 800 yards huh? he replied it was just dam accurate and walked off. this same guy claimed his dad would shoot Grizzlies in the eye with a 22wmr rifle and kill them dead in their tracks. Some peoples kids.

Dust

A guy at work said he shot a stump across the lake at 850 yards.We asked him how he knew it was 850, and he said he stepped it off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: awe2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A guy at work said he shot a stump across the lake at 850 yards.We asked him how he knew it was 850, and he said he stepped it off. </div></div>

Up here in MI, that's a possibility in the winter. Suppose your lakes don't freeze over down there though right?

Ahhh... the plus side to a scorching hot summer- mild winter

Some guy told me he killed 3 hogs with one shot..using a 243. Claimed the last one was killed by the bone fragments from the 2nd. I didn't say anything since I didn't care for the guy too much its better to let idiots go on to being idiots, gives us normal folks something to laugh at.