• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I'm a fan of warbirds, but never heard of the Sea Fury until now. Looked up the stats and they are impressive. Aesthetics wise, it doesn't hold a candle to a Spitfire or a Mustang IMO. Still a very cool plane though.

Reactions: Barneybdb
And in Texas, yall brought knives to a gunfight, and lost of course.
Next

If you are forced to be in a place where you can't carry a gun & maybe are not supposed to have a knife either
Which would you rather be?
Completely disarmed, or have a bladed or pointed weapon?

The other guy may have a gun, but if he doesn't have it out and on you & doesn't know you have anything... a long sharp plastic shiv under the vest from behind, up and deep can do a lot of damage. As can straight into the neck or groin.

If you are forced to be in a place where you can't carry a gun & maybe are not supposed to have a knife either
Which would you rather be?
Completely disarmed, or have a bladed or pointed weapon?

The other guy may have a gun, but if he doesn't have it out and on you & doesn't know you have anything... a long sharp plastic shiv under the vest from behind, up and deep can do a lot of damage. As can straight into the neck or groin.

In what state do you reside?

Did a lot of work on the North Carolina ( BB-55) in Wilmington. There is something about these old ships that can't be described. They were the definition of power in their day for sure.

You're right! In fact, they are still the very definition of power! An Iowa-class battleship is, to this day, the second most-powerful weapon system on the planet! An amazing machine!

Old SF

In what state do you reside?

He's just making a hypothetical statement. My pistol will always be my first and foremost line of defense in almost all conceivable situations. However, it is also imperative that you have multiple backups and are well versed in other forms of lethal defense too. The blade has been one of man's most trusted and reliable tools and weapons since the dawn of time. Every gun owner I know, myself included, also carry at least one or two knives as backups. As well as a source of bright light and a tool to start a fire with.

Canuck on the left; king on the right.

He isn't afraid of shooting guns, either:

He also rides a BMW adventure bike all over the world. Full face helmet and a couple of secret service types and he is as anonymous as any other rider!

Not a fan of kings and queens and potentates. But I think it would be fun to have a glass of lemonade with this guy!

Cheers, Sirhr

He also rides a BMW adventure bike all over the world. Full face helmet and a couple of secret service types and he is as anonymous as any other rider!

Not a fan of kings and queens and potentates. But I think it would be fun to have a glass of lemonade with this guy!

Cheers, Sirhr

Had an opportinity to hang out with his cousin and him about 17 years ago.

Both are insanely well spoken, with crazy educations... it was alot of fun. Only about 20 minutes at a social gathering. Very approachable and down to earth... a true suprise.

Texas

There are places where you are not allowed to carry a gun, but can carry a knife.
Other place where they don't want you to carry either, but YMMV

Lots of Texas Law Enforcement officers have told me to ignore a 30.06 sign. So, unless the structure has a metal detector, they can eat shit, I'm carrying.

He's just making a hypothetical statement. My pistol will always be my first and foremost line of defense in almost all conceivable situations. However, it is also imperative that you have multiple backups and are well versed in other forms of lethal defense too. The blade has been one of man's most trusted and reliable tools and weapons since the dawn of time. Every gun owner I know, myself included, also carry at least one or two knives as backups. As well as a source of bright light and a tool to start a fire with.

I agree.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Do you carry spray?

In a lot of scenarios, one can give a binaca blast and not have to deal with the headache of drawing on some unruly dog or street person

++On the part about aggressive dogs. I used to have a jogger sized can of bear grade OC just for potential dog encounters. The mail carriers around my way do the same. I gave it to my GF to carry with her since she is not really a gun or knife person. (She's not anti, but being a NYC gal she just wasn't used to them. Now she doesn't mind at all that there are firearms and ammo in the house.) I made it clear to her that I will not be able to sleep right unless she has a fighting chance against a potential assailant, so hence the spray.