• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Kh.Battulga, Commander-in-chief of the Mongolian Armed Forces and the Mongolian Armed Forces participated in the opening ceremony of the Military Parade
Kh.Battulga, Commander-in-Chief of the Mongolian Armed Forces and the Mongolian Armed Forces today announced the opening ceremony of a military ceremony for the State Day of Mongolia.

The ceremony for the opening ceremony of the military ceremony was held by Kh.Battulga, Commander of the Armed Forces of Mongolia, Chairman of the Parliament G.Zandanshatar, Prime Minister U. Khurelsukh, Cabinet, Members of the Parliament, Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces, Mongolia Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary in Mongolia, representatives from international organizations, other officials, citizens and tourists attended.
The day of the flag is to be celebrated on July 10th for the purpose of patriotic nationalism and upbringing. In 2009, the Presidential Decree issued a tradition of holding a military demonstration and assembly of Ulaanbaatar military units.
View attachment 7109828
2B57C680-089B-453B-8BE6-42EFF973C867.jpeg

Oh, mongoloids, you say! Super.

Sirhr

View attachment 7109851
Ghengis Khan, so yeah, pretty much Darth Vader.
Im related to Ghengis Kahn

You might be too!

Gene Expression

« Daily Data Dump – WednesdayDaily Data Dump – Thursday »
1 in 200 men direct descendants of Genghis Khan
By Razib Khan | August 5, 2010 12:38 am

473px-YuanEmperorAlbumGenghisPortrait
In 2003 a groundbreaking historical genetics paper reported results which indicated that a substantial proportion of men in the world are direct line descendants of Genghis Khan. By direct line, I mean that they carry Y chromosomes which seem to have come down from an individual who lived approximately 1,000 years ago. As Y chromosomes are only passed from father to son, that would mean that the Y is a record of one’s patrilineage. Genghis Khan died ~750 years ago, so assuming 25 years per generation, you get about 30 men between the present and that period. In more quantitative terms, ~10% of the men who reside within the borders of the Mongol Empire as it was at the death of Genghis Khan may carry his Y chromosome, and so ~0.5% of men in the world, about 16 million individuals alive today, do so. Since 2003 there have been other cases of “super-Y” lineages. For example the Manchu lineage and the Uí Néill lineage. The existence of these Y chromosomal lineages, which have burst upon the genetic landscape like explosive stars sweeping aside all other variation before them, indicates a periodic it “winner-take-all” dynamic in human genetics more reminiscent of hyper-polygynous mammals such as elephant seals. As we do not exhibit the sexual dimorphism which is the norm in such organisms, it goes to show the plasticity of outcome due to the flexibility of human cultural forms.
ResearchBlogging.orgJason Goldman of Thoughtful Animal reminded me of the 2003 paper a few days ago, so I thought it would be useful to review it again for new readers (as I know most of you have not been reading for 7 years!). To understand how one Y chromosomal lineage can have such a wide distribution across such a large proportion of the human race, here is a quote attributed to Genghis Khan:
The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.
You’re probably more familiar with the paraphrase in Conan the Barbarian.

You might be too!

Gene Expression

In 2003 a groundbreaking historical genetics paper reported results which indicated that a substantial proportion of men in the world are direct line descendants of Genghis Khan. By direct line, I mean that they carry Y chromosomes which seem to have come down from an individual who lived approximately 1,000 years ago. As Y chromosomes are only passed from father to son, that would mean that the Y is a record of one’s patrilineage. Genghis Khan died ~750 years ago, so assuming 25 years per generation, you get about 30 men between the present and that period. In more quantitative terms, ~10% of the men who reside within the borders of the Mongol Empire as it was at the death of Genghis Khan may carry his Y chromosome, and so ~0.5% of men in the world, about 16 million individuals alive today, do so. Since 2003 there have been other cases of “super-Y” lineages. For example the Manchu lineage and the Uí Néill lineage. The existence of these Y chromosomal lineages, which have burst upon the genetic landscape like explosive stars sweeping aside all other variation before them, indicates a periodic it “winner-take-all” dynamic in human genetics more reminiscent of hyper-polygynous mammals such as elephant seals. As we do not exhibit the sexual dimorphism which is the norm in such organisms, it goes to show the plasticity of outcome due to the flexibility of human cultural forms.
ResearchBlogging.orgJason Goldman of Thoughtful Animal reminded me of the 2003 paper a few days ago, so I thought it would be useful to review it again for new readers (as I know most of you have not been reading for 7 years!). To understand how one Y chromosomal lineage can have such a wide distribution across such a large proportion of the human race, here is a quote attributed to Genghis Khan:

I thought I was Spartacus....

Cheers, Sirhr

Reactions: Fig
Stolen car......................check
Open container...........check
Gun..................................check
Rattlesnake..................check
Powdered uranium...check

This guy is one heck of a party animal .

Stolen car......................check
Open container...........check
Gun..................................check
Rattlesnake..................check
Powdered uranium...check

What? How do you spend a Thursday morning?

MakeItWithCow.gif

You might be too!

Gene Expression

SORRY, I CHECKED. I AM NEANDERTHAL!

If you go triple digits, it will start back over a 01

Haha, no, I tested it. :devilish: I had a really fast bike and decided I wanted to get it over 100, It just flashed 99 and I was going over 100. I just hope they checked the data later.