• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Another friends car at Saturday's show. '39 Chev built by a friend (since deceased) and currently owned by a mutual friend who did the body and paint work at his home shop. He's a damn good painter considering it's just a hobby.

6V0A8654-XL.jpg

6V0A8655-XL.jpg

6V0A8658-XL.jpg

6V0A8656-XL.jpg

The engine compartment reminds me of a professionally dressed woman who's true intentions are exposed by her underwear when the business suit comes off. :sneaky:

Another friends car at Saturday's show. '39 Chev built by a friend (since deceased) and currently owned by a mutual friend who did the body and paint work at his home shop. He's a damn good painter considering it's just a hobby.

6V0A8654-XL.jpg

6V0A8655-XL.jpg

6V0A8658-XL.jpg

6V0A8656-XL.jpg

The engine compartment reminds me of a professionally dressed woman who's true intentions are exposed by her underwear when the business suit comes off. :sneaky:
We cut up two of those to build modified stocks back in the day. Not to mention the old Ford coupes we cut up too.. I hope St. Peter is not an old car fan or I'm gonna have some trouble talking my way in.

I spent 5 days in an Air Force hospital in 1976. Believe it or not, we could smoke in bed from 0730 to 2100 hrs. At 0730, ambulatory patients were required to make up their beds. After making up the bed, the patients could get back in it.

Anyone know if they still practice that?

Oh, please!

Reactions: Barneybdb
@hermosabeach wrote:

View attachment 7125016

Don’t know if you know what this... but it is the actual team room door from LL’s Marine recon scout sniper platoon.... that’s some amazing historical stuff right there!! If that door could talk!!!

Cheers, Sirhr
So let me understand, this door is mounted in lowlights house? So the door knob to the left of the door is for normal height people?

They use a modified version of this.

Are those kiesterable? What a convenient place to keep lunch!

I guess you're right. That stuff probably went out with the khaki uniforms.

Not long after. 1505s disappeared around '78, '79. You could still smoke in most areas until sometime in the early '80s (if my memory is correct). By the time I retired, it was frowned upon and you were restricted to specific areas. Fortunately, I had quit years prior.

Not long after. 1505s disappeared around '78, '79. You could still smoke in most areas until sometime in the early '80s (if my memory is correct). By the time I retired, it was frowned upon and you were restricted to specific areas. Fortunately, I had quit years prior.
I wore the 1505s right up until the last day they were authorized. Seems like a million years ago.

We could also smoke and drink adult beverages at Commander's Call.

The "Air Force Now" movies could either put you to sleep or give you some comic relief. We had a Squadron Commander that gave us short speech during Commander's Call.

After his speech, he said; "I am required by Air Force Regulation to show you the movie 'Air Force Now."

He then proceeds to hold the reel up over his head and said, "You have now seen the movie, 'Air Force Now.' Dismissed."

Last edited:
Same with fatigues in the '80s. Was at SQ HQ the last day they were authorized and the commander asked, "Are those still legal?"

I got chewed out for wearing jungle boots and told to take them off.

When I asked why they said, "cause you ain't in the jungle."

I remember, during basic training, we were told that we could convert the 1505 pants to knee high shorts and go to clothing issue to get a pith helmet. This was authorized only after completing basic training.

Nobody ever cut their pants into shorts or requested a pith helmet. I regret not getting the pith helmet. It would make a heck of a collector's item today.

Pith helmet and shorts what kind of outfit was wearing that?

USAF 1977-1982 all I had was o d geen fatigues and dress blues.

The dress uniform sucked compared with other branches.

Yes at multi service functions we looked bad it embarrassed me.

I spent 5 days in an Air Force hospital in 1976. Believe it or not, we could smoke in bed from 0730 to 2100 hrs. At 0730, ambulatory patients were required to make up their beds. After making up the bed, the patients could get back in it.

Anyone know if they still practice that?
1972 at the Phila Naval hosp. there was a ward of marines with chronic active hepatitis from shooting Drugs in Nam, and they sat on their beds and smoked all day...until their liver enzymes came down ,and then back to duty.

use antifreeze much, the rust on the water jacket is scaley
I bought the 455 to put in my 66 Oldsmobile. The price was right for the engine and transmission and the rebuild was always the plan. The only thing that really mattered to me was that it turned over. Once stripped, cleaned and honed the block it's probably going to get a Edlebrock package. 500 horses and a shit ton of torque to move my 4 thousand pound car.
The 400 Turbo Transmission will be built to handle the power. The company that built my last driveshaft will get to do another one. Their last one has held up to 400 ft lbs for sometime.
Oldsmobile is new to me so I have not decided yet on the rear end yet. But that's usually the weak link in the power train.
The easiest way to fix the problem is to use tires that spin instead of hooking.
Like gun powder...... love me some smoking rubber smell.