Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

spartan67

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 24, 2009
central ny
The next truly revolutionary epoch of human history will be the building of successful nanotechnology. It will redefine medicine and surgery to levels that will be unimaginable. A nanodrone guided by an external operator will be able to kill cancerous tumors, remove potentially fatal blood clots and fatty deposits and repair damaged tissue. More specialized nanobots programmed to home in on certain protein sequences can identify and destroy invading pathogens, or engage in even more advanced tasks such as rebuilding neural pathways damaged by illnesses like Alzheimer's.

Such an innovation will be a red letter day for human civilization. However, it will also mark the day when a new doomsday device has been created that can annihilate everything that we have. A rogue nano agent, even if it cannot self-replicate, will be far worse than the most virulent cancers and hemorrhagic fevers that exist today. And the ability and ease for rogue governments and terrorist organizations to get their hands on a stock of nano agents and program it to do their willing is what makes it even more alarming. A nanoagent caused plague, often referred to as a "grey out", may have first been inadvertently described by HP Lovecraft in his early 1900's extraterrestrial horror story The Colour Out Of Space.
I read that book when I was younger. Great read!

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2007
Wautoma, WI
Speaking of... took these two gems at our state fair... the local Somali future-terrorists getting a taste of home...

View attachment 7148042

And this winner.... does anyone even know Fat Albert any more? And does anyone really think having a Bill Cosby reference on your booth is a good idea? At least they weren’t selling puddin Pops.

View attachment 7148041

Next year I am taking a real camera with a good lens. That place is comedy gold.

Sirhr
You have no idea ?‍♂

sharac

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 8, 2008
Slovenia
View attachment 7148312

Probably get a bite or two.
Actually there was no fighting after battle at Opicine where 4th Yugoslav army destroyed germans and entered 1st of May 45 into Trieste. 2k krauts didn't want to surrender to partisans as fuckers (justly so) were afraid they will get the bullet and they surrendered to NZ units (which arrived on 2nd of May) without fighting...

Reactions: Skimafia and lash

ReimoS

Private
Belligerents
May 17, 2009
EE
I had a productive weekend in one of our cities, chasing down unlawful groups of militants of unknown origin. The final exercise of our current learning year, focusing on urban settings and irregular work, named Onion 2019.

I do like working in urban settings, it's fun and it is home. This is what motivates me professionally, in military manners. This is my home where I'm operating. Not far away. Right here. Thus I work better and more efficiently. Have operated as a Green Man, have operated against those.

I like the composition of this one:
1568717415624.png

And since this forum is about precision shooting (somewhat):
1568717712574.png
1568717760749.png

Oh, T&A. A in this case.
1568718830998.png