• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1568900724724.jpeg

I forgot about that. Reference treatment options, you could also pack a shit ton of hemostatic gauze into that wound and just hold pressure. That's about your last ditch because with that location next to some of the high and low pressure hydraulic lines and airway structures.... you gotta do whatever it takes to stop the bleeder(s).

FUBAR situation.

Had a really good C.E. a few months ago, and a Truma Surgeon properly addressed a bunch of Firefighter/Paramedics.

"If it's big hole, pack it. If an artery is pumping out blood, put on a tourniquet, two if you need it. If their airway is crushed, cut em a new one and stick an E.T. tube in it and breath for them. Don't worry about your incision, we will sew it back up, make em breathe. They won't be any more fucked up than when you started treating them. Do what you can and haul ass."

He really said that shit, and we loved him for it!

I remember this gal I was treating. Left hand turn in front of semi truck going downhill - no bueno. Extra points for no seatbelt.

She had ripped off both visors and the rear view mirror with her head and face.

I’m trying to ascertain if her skull is shattered, and she’s bleeding massively and she keeps asking “Am I going to die?”

When the guy who has crawled into your car with a paramedics kit doesn’t answer you it’s a hint.

Amazingly, she lived.

I quit living down that road after just 16 more incidents like that. What can I say? I loved the view.

At least the worst snow and ice day we had in years, all the assholes behind me in Subaru’s who would honk at me for not going 15 over the limit got to eat a Forest Service water truck that missed its turn...after I pulled off to let them by.

The "am I going to die" question.

Answer I give, "yes, but we are doing everything we can, so that it is not today".

Had a really good C.E. a few months ago, and a Truma Surgeon properly addressed a bunch of Firefighter/Paramedics.

"If it's big hole, pack it. If an artery is pumping out blood, put on a tourniquet, two if you need it. If their airway is crushed, cut em a new one and stick an E.T. tube in it and breath for them. Don't worry about your incision, we will sew it back up, make em breathe. They won't be any more fucked up than when you started treating them. Do what you can and haul ass."

The role and duty of an EMT is really no different from that of an elite tactical soldier. You have to be on the bounce and ready to solve a crisis right then and there. Not next minute or hour, but right there... Awesome read.

Thats excellent. With my military medical background and experiences, being really aggressive when it came to hemorrhage and airway control is second nature to me. When I became a civilian paramedic, others looked at me like I was insane when I would go straight to a tourniquet on a massive bleed instead of progressing step by step through the accepted "algorithm" of bleeding control. I'm very glad all the lessons we have learned the last 15 years overseas are finally being applied in non-wartime incidents.

"You are about like a fish being cleaned with a spoon, it's very hard to get an answer out of you"
- Hank Johnson...an elected official

Do you think he meant to say "like pulling hens teeth" but forgot that one so he made it up as he went along?

HJ: You felt kinda squeamish, like uh, like that fish that you're trying to be right now, being scaled, you felt a little squeamish about delivering that message. Correct?
CL: No sir
HJ: ........

What in the fuck are you talking about man?
Oh yeah I remember this guy

Wait......
Are you saying his analogy was wrong? Cause, yeah I've cleaned a fish with a spoon, and I couldn't get that sumbitch to talk either.
That Hank Johnson knows what he is talking about. He is also a very well spoken man.....for a crack head.

What is really sad is that he’s smarter than the people that elected him.

Which is a perfectly good reason why stupid people should not be allowed to vote.

I've seen this posted a bunch of times; what is the name of this gun?

Last edited:

Thank you!

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
Thats excellent. With my military medical background and experiences, being really aggressive when it came to hemorrhage and airway control is second nature to me. When I became a civilian paramedic, others looked at me like I was insane when I would go straight to a tourniquet on a massive bleed instead of progressing step by step through the accepted "algorithm" of bleeding control. I'm very glad all the lessons we have learned the last 15 years overseas are finally being applied in non-wartime incidents.

What's funny is I got to ride the box with a guy that had been doing it about 5 years longer. In 2002 we weren't supposed to apply tourniquets, according to protocol. But we were damn sure going to do it anyway, and take our licks. He had been to a trauma seminar taught my an old doc that said adding dressing is just prolonging death. Put a tourniquet on it, and make it stop. It took our medical control 15 years to catch up with what a bunch of Paramedics already knew.

The Boston City bombing showed the civilian medical world that tourniquets are a good thing. The stats do not lie.

To all the school kids who went on 'strike' for climate change...

You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.

You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric!

Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods.

No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated, selfish, virtue signalling little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.