• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1568938722401.png

To all the school kids who went on 'strike' for climate change...

You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.

You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric!

Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods.

No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated, selfish, virtue signalling little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
You are not millenials. You are worse.

You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.

You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric!

Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods.

No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated, selfish, virtue signalling little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Did you write this? because it is perfect and concisely written. Well, done!

I work in the Power Semiconductor Industry. I sell our products into numerous, big name EV and Charger manufacturers. I constantly see consumers viewing EV's as being powered "for free". They have no idea that the total energy expended/consumed for EV's, cradle to grave, is much higher that that of an ICE vehicle. As far as charging, they completely fail to understand that the electricity that is utilized for charging their "green" vehicles comes from hydro, nuclear or fossil fuels. Yes, there is energy that comes from wind and solar, but those are still a small fraction of all electrical energy produced and consumed.

There is a meme floating around somewhere (it's been posted here on the Hide in the past) that shows an EV being charged and the charger is being powered by a portable/trailerable gasoline generator. The picture sums up peoples delusions quite nicely.

Last edited:
2E8AAFDC-4F5D-4143-A5B3-01501A263A9C.jpeg

I work in the Power Semiconductor Industry. I sell our products into numerous, big name EV and Charger manufacturers. I constantly see consumers view EV's as being powered "for free". They have no idea that the total energy expended/consumed for EV's, cradle to grave, is much higher that that of an ICE vehicle. As far as charging, they completely fail to understand that the electricity that is utilized for charging their "green" vehicles comes from hydro, nuclear or fossil fuels. Yes, there is energy that comes from wind and solar, but those are still a small fraction of all electrical energy produced and consumed.

There is a meme floating around somewhere (it's been posted here on the Hide in the past) that shows an EV being charged and the charger is being powered by a portable/trailerable gasoline generator. The picture sums up peoples delusions quite nicely.

I work in the Power Semiconductor Industry. I sell our products into numerous, big name EV and Charger manufacturers. I constantly see consumers viewing EV's as being powered "for free". They have no idea that the total energy expended/consumed for EV's, cradle to grave, is much higher that that of an ICE vehicle. As far as charging, they completely fail to understand that the electricity that is utilized for charging their "green" vehicles comes from hydro, nuclear or fossil fuels. Yes, there is energy that comes from wind and solar, but those are still a small fraction of all electrical energy produced and consumed.

When I was getting my latest commuter car, I ran a big spreadsheet with all the numbers of expected cost of ownership over the life of the vehicle.

A plug in hybrid or all electric didn't wind up being any cheaper in my calculation ($0.14/kwh) than just getting a standard gasoline powered hybrid due to the cost of electricity.

I work in the Power Semiconductor Industry. I sell our products into numerous, big name EV and Charger manufacturers. I constantly see consumers view EV's as being powered "for free". They have no idea that the total energy expended/consumed for EV's, cradle to grave, is much higher that that of an ICE vehicle. As far as charging, they completely fail to understand that the electricity that is utilized for charging their "green" vehicles comes from hydro, nuclear or fossil fuels. Yes, there is energy that comes from wind and solar, but those are still a small fraction of all electrical energy produced and consumed.

I'm in power generation, more electric cars! Increase the grid demand over night! ICE cars 20-30% thermally efficient. Steam electric stations with feed water heaters 30-40% efficient, combined cycle up to 80% efficient. But then send that power through our 98% transformer, down transmission lines, through substation transformers that are typically 90-95% then to a 90-95% distribution transformer. Then charge a 50-60% electrically efficient battery. So we're back to 40% just at the battery, not including electrical losses in the vehicle, let alone environmental and energy production impact. I love the stickers on the electric golf carts at our dirt burners, the powered by coal stickers right next to the zero emissions sticker. Or our VP of fossil that drives a Tesla with a powered by coal sticker on it!

Can't remember anyone getting all offended over the Wayans brothers getting their whiteface on for the "White Chicks" movie.

Political correctness is just the stubborn belief, despite all evidence to the contrary, that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end?
whitechicks2.jpg

Last edited:
Can't remember caucasians getting all offended over the Wayans brothers getting their whiteface on for the "White Chicks" movie.

Political correctness is just the stubborn belief, despite all evidence to the contrary, that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end?View attachment 7150282
Political correctness was created to create division amongst the populace and to put in place a way to circumvent the 1st amendment. Now we regularly censure people as a form of punishment, using made up fake morality and public shaming.

Political correctness was created to create division amongst the populace and to put in place a way to circumvent the 1st amendment. Now we regularly censure people as a form of punishment, using made up fake morality and public shaming.

Heartily agree, at least you guys have your constitutional protections.
We Australians don't even have that protection.
We are rapidly becoming a police state where governments rule by secrecy and obfuscation.
We have recently had Federal Police raiding journalists for publishing facts that embarrass the government, we have state governments banning firearms based SOLELY on their appearance.
The government of my state, New South Wales, has banned gelsoft guns and in an act of total idiocy, fucking NERF guns that are "too powerful"

Reactions: fx77 and Barneybdb

Holy shit that was well said.

That admiral has sone serious bearing. I would have likely just lost my shit and started laughing.

The entire group of them are like a bunch of spoiled children arguing about who is in charge.

Personally, I would not maintain my bearing and would heartily laugh at them.

They probably think we take their words and ideas seriously.
They need to be laughed at and mocked over and over again until they burst.

That stupid bitch from Texas said she took an oath and is concerned about the constitution.
I'm sure that statement is completely true.

What she did not state was that she took an oath to support and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. And, that she is concerned about protecting the constitution as written.
HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

The people driving their protests are the ones that want to kill babies while still in the womb. If they survive the abortion they want to kill them after they are born. Then they want to replace these murdered babies with illegal immigrants.

Can't remember anyone getting all offended over the Wayans brothers getting their whiteface on for the "White Chicks" movie.

Political correctness is just the stubborn belief, despite all evidence to the contrary, that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end?View attachment 7150282
or Jimmy Kimmels Karl Malone blackface bit

Reactions: TACC
Would have been a much shorter video if either knew how to throw a punch.

Keep in mind that the victim probably had his bell rung pretty good. He was probably pretty dazed and had to defend himself from a disadvantaged position and perspective.

Someone hit me in the temple from behind once. My vision was so blurred and doubled that I was in no condition to fight and Mr. wannabe badass walked away.

My vision returned to normal several hours later. Then three days later I almost killed him. He wasn’t the badass that he thought he was.

I thought the victim in this case did pretty good considering that he was hit pretty hard and under repeated blows till he could fight back.

Sorry if I’m rambling. I’m typing this out on an iPhone in a restaurant and a beautiful blonde stopped to talk with me. So I’m kind :;5):$& da— da - dazed right now.

You ()&$:/ could knock me ..... over... with a a a a....