• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1570945240513.png

Reminds me of another saying: Build a man a fire and you'll keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
I may have been known to say that about hippies but only the smelly ones.

Reactions: 1J04

ASMDSS
This is a picture of the late MSG Mark Allen, who was shot in the head and paralyzed searching for Bergdhal. Here is his funeral information, in case you're in the area and would like to show support.
https://www.stewartfh.com/m/obituar…/Msg-Mark-Allen/Memories.

Send Beautiful Flowers
Not sure what to send?
Share a Memory
Share Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MSG Mark Allen
July 21, 1973 - October 12, 2019

View attachment 7163110
And this is the reason Bergdahl should be shot on sight.

The Nazis called them 'Night Witches' because the whooshing noise their plywood and canvas airplanes made reminded the Germans of the sound of a witch’s broomstick. The Russian women who piloted those planes, onetime crop dusters, took it as a compliment. In 30,000 missions over four years, they dumped 23,000 tons of bombs on the German invaders, ultimately helping to chase them back to Berlin. Any German pilot who downed a 'witch' was awarded an Iron Cross. These young heroines, all volunteers and most in their teens and early 20s, became legends of World War II but are now largely forgotten. Flying only in the dark, they had no parachutes, guns, radios or radar, only maps and compasses. If hit by tracer bullets, their planes would burn like sheets of paper."
So begins a NY Times tribute to one of the most famous "Night Witches," Nadezhda Popova, pictured here. Popova, who flew 852 missions during the war, passed away in 2013 at the age of 91

1570975483435.png

According to legend, there was a 1st Lt. at Twenty-nine Palms that ordered a whole pallet of 155 sent down range with that "proximity ring fuze."

I really hope the mission was plotted by the FDC

- and not the LT with a map and compass.

Reactions: Barneybdb
There are a lot of good people in Syria as well. Met a great man this summer who lives there. He is the head pastor of a large Christian church. Amazing stories. And scary as crap. Cant imagine it.

We will see how it all goes. I for one am tired of footing the bill for the lazy here and fighting douchebags all over the world. We can't even secure our borders. Also, why haven't the other "first world" countries done a darn thing?

Perhaps our "good friends" in SA could step up and regulate Erdogan a bit?..........