• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1573180067496.png

Seeing a kid on a leash makes me see red. The child is a human being - not an animal. I never put a leash on any of my kids.

The message the mother transmits to her child is that he or she is no better than an animal.

You probably never had to wrangle a bunch of young children in a crowd.
Sometimes you need leashes (with the chest harness of course) for young children.

You probably never had to wrangle a bunch of young children in a crowd.
Sometimes you need leashes (with the chest harness of course) for young children.

Yes, I have had to wrangle young children in the crowd. If they were still in the toddler stage, I would put them in a stroller. Depending on the location, I would sometimes put them in a wagon and pull them.

When they were past the toddler stage and would walk some distances by themselves, they understood that they were not to wonder off without me. I "trained" them to stay close to me.

In areas that were not crowded, I let the toddler walk. It was on those occasions that I let my kids know that they stay close to me. Call it training or conditioning, or whatever you want.

Regardless, I never used a leash and never felt the need to use one. My kids are not my pets.

Yes, I have had to wrangle young children in the crowd. If they were still in the toddler stage, I would put them in a stroller. Depending on the location, I would sometimes put them in a wagon and pull them.

When they were past the toddler stage and would walk some distances by themselves, they understood that they were not to wonder off without me. I "trained" them to stay close to me.

In areas that were not crowded, I let the toddler walk. It was on those occasions that I let my kids know that they stay close to me. Call it training or conditioning, or whatever you want.

Regardless, I never used a leash and never felt the need to use one. My kids are not my pets.
About 63 years ago my parents would put me in one of those harnesses then hang me off the door knob while they finished getting ready to go out, did not seem to do me any harm but some around here might disagree.......

Seeing a kid on a leash makes me see red. The child is a human being - not an animal. I never put a leash on any of my kids.

The message the mother transmits to her child is that he or she is no better than an animal.
I am gonna disagree, not once did myself or my brother ever think we were lower than any animals. Hell half the time the leash was so she could keep up with us. We hid in the clothing racks at pennies a lot.

Reactions: GRAYHAIR

Thanks for training your children, just remember that a lot of parents do not. A lot of them are like animals.

Reactions: Mwalex
Thanks for training your children, just remember that a lot of parents do not. A lot of them are like animals.

I didn’t realize that you trained kids thought you trained animals...

My kids absolutely loved their harness and leash it became a game they would run as fast as they could and hit the end of the rope trying to escape. lol

• Haha
Reactions: RajunKajun59
I am gonna disagree, not once did myself or my brother ever think we were lower than any animals. Hell half the time the leash was so she could keep up with us. We hid in the clothing racks at pennies a lot.

That's good. I'm glad things turned out well for you.

I guess you got a good point. They grow up to be democrats.

Reactions: riverside jeep