• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Funniest thing I have seen ion a while

View attachment 7178796
1573142310835.png

I wonder what the hell that load weighed?
Not so much a load issue as the driver not pulling forward as he dumped the load. Once the gravel plies up that cylinder was effectively pushing against a solid surface. That's why you see dump trucks creeping forward when they off load.

Not so much a load issue as the driver not pulling forward as he dumped the load. Once the gravel plies up that cylinder was effectively pushing against a solid surface. That's why you see dump trucks creeping forward when they off load.

I understand the process, I've driven a few. One of the local asphalt company's just started switching over to the super dump trucks, 7 axles, that have smaller boxes then those. Those are loaded to the top of the box to boot.

I was dumping a garbage truck when the right side dump cylinder came apart. The threads on the gland pushed out. The right side came down so fast it bent the frame. Beat me up too!
Hydraulics are dangerous for sure. Glad you survived! I've seen the results of an ejector cylinder fail (the style that cross.) on one side, pusher bound (while the other cheerfully applied 75 tons of pushing force), and the box split open like a can of biscuits had popped!

Reactions: hermosabeach