• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

That happened to me more than a few times growing up....

Took a jump in high school.. came out of a tuck and literally "Launched" myself off the edge of a berm. My two buddies had just gone before me... huge air... amazing distance. I'm going to top them both.

I 'LEAP' on the edge of the berm and both my bindings release, leaving my ski's on the top of the berm. I fly through the air, trying to "run" my way into the ground. I make three huge steps... about 30 feet between each step. Then face plant like a sack of wet horse feed into the slope. My buddies are dying laughing... I can barely breathe. My ski's are about 150 yards up hill...

What can you do... go get your ski's. Endure ribbing for... the rest of your life. Every time I see those guys I get: "Faceplant!" It should be my handle here.

Cheers,

Sirhr

1585177532504.png

Reactions: jd138
I had that bike (S4R) in blue. At 6'4" there is no way to get the ergos to work for me. People would stop and take picures of it but I just could not ride it. It's gone now.

Still have:
View attachment 7281623

View attachment 7281624

and the wife's scooter, a long time ago before we had kids ( and before I got my Vanson leather):
View attachment 7281631

Reminds me of the ceiling in Bonk's Bad Habit Den near Jawbone Canyon. that was many years ago. Does anyone know if it is still there?

"No, it's a 60 mile paved forest service road between the Cougar Reservoir and Oakridge, OR at the western foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range."

That road is awesome except for the huge oil spills and snakes....and rain....and potholes.....

Come on guy.....it's like NOT telling folks about the rattlers and mercury poisoning at China Hat!

for those who ride... or use to... this guy filmed a fun stretch in LA

Mulholland Highway

Probably the most famous road in California, its proximity to Los Angeles has made it the playground of the rich and famous. Jay Leno is a frequent visitor to The Rock Store with his collection of vintage cars and bikes.
The road connects “the valley”, a large suburban area to the north, with the beach area just north of the rich and famous Malibu. This area is home to many of the best roads in So Cal, but most enthusiasts spend their time on “The Snake”, a short 21 turn section just above the popular Rock Store. The Snake is heavily photographed on weekends and attracts those looking to showboat a bit for the cameras. “Edwards’ Corner”, the final turn heading up The Snake, is a popular spot for people to congregate and watch others come up the hill.
During the motorcycle boom of the 1980’s CHP crackdowns on motorcycle racing put a wet blanket on riding in the area, but budget cuts since then have kept enforcement to a minimum.

http://rock-store.com/ 30354 Mulholland Hwy
1585183576900.png

1585183721739.png

1585183779971.png

Last edited:
The new KTM dealer just bought this rare mean beast from me. Less than 200 brought into the US numerous unique engine, chassis, suspension parts compared to the Duke or the previous '07R model.

IMGP4446-XL.jpg

Good taste. Of all the bikes I’ve had, my 08 SDR is still in the garage

Reactions: hermosabeach
I had that bike (S4R) in blue. At 6'4" there is no way to get the ergos to work for me. People would stop and take picures of it but I just could not ride it. It's gone now.

Still have:
View attachment 7281623

View attachment 7281624

and the wife's scooter, a long time ago before we had kids ( and before I got my Vanson leather):
View attachment 7281631
spent a lot of time at the dragon. Haven't been there in years. I see they put up a new trailer or something in the back ground?

Still have:
View attachment 7281623

View attachment 7281624

View attachment 7281631
I ended up selling mine. I'm short, but the ergos and vibrations combined with age started to make my hands go numb about 15 min in and it just wasn't fun any more. I did get to take it around COA, where it was very obvious how underpowered an air cooled engine is. I topped out at 135. I had that CBR F2 with black and red graphics.

I miss the dunes...spent a lot of time at Silver Lake in Michigan riding & racing over the last 15 years. Sold the last sand toy a year ago, kinda regret it. Once my kids get a little older, I’m going to have to get some new sand toys for the family to enjoy.

View attachment 7281648

My last quad, turbocharged Raptor 700...that one was a little over 100rwhp, weighed 375 lbs. So much fun to blast through the dunes on.
Silver Lake was the place to be! I spent many weekends there in My high school and college days.

Reactions: Langford and Decoy
My CBR1000F (and friend). Still have the bike. It's like partying with Satan if he likes you. Gets you into trouble, gets you out of trouble.

Attachments

• 20200325_230156.jpg
    20200325_230156.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 287