• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

This should be in l/e, but I haven't earned a place there. Anyway, enjoy

Attachments

• HeVJwqE.jpg
    HeVJwqE.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 218
Man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him. The waitress asks for their orders. The man says, "A hamburger, fries and a coke," and turns to the ostrich, "And you dear?"

"I'll have the same,"
says the ostrich.

A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That will be $9.40 please," she says and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment.

The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says, "A hamburger, fries, and a coke."

The ostrich says, "I'll have the same." Again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.

This becomes routine until the two enter again later in the week. "The usual?" asks the waitress.

"No, this is Friday night, so I will have a steak, baked potato, and salad," says the man.

"Same," says the ostrich. Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, "That will be $32.62." Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table.

The waitress can't hold back her curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, sir. How do you manage to always come up with the exact change out of your pocket every time?"

"Well,"
says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there."

"That's brilliant!"
says the waitress. "Most people would wish for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!"

"That's right. Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there,"
says the man.

The waitress asks, "But, sir, what's with the ostrich?"

The man lets out a big sigh , pauses, and then answers, "Well ... My second wish was for a tall chick with long legs who agrees with everything I say."

The Ostrich says, "that's right."

I remember GNCC racing looking more like this.That me at a hare scramble in Pine Grove, Pa.
View attachment 7282922
You mean with the mud? Yeah. I love muddy races. Seem to always do well in them. Except the Gusher GNCC in Foxburg, PA. That race was just dangerous. By the end of it there were well lines going across the track that was once buried but now sticking up 12” off the ground. You had to wheelie over them. I’ll see if I can dig up some mud pics. Stand by.

Reactions: Wild dog
1585313117938.jpeg

Beat a national champion at this race.
1585313172867.jpeg
After a normal everyday GNCC.
1585313322031.jpeg

This was after a race where the temp was 31 degrees. The mud froze to the quad and would not come off till it thawed. I actually weighed my helmet when I got home. 35 pounds.

Attachments

• 1585313200281.jpeg
    1585313200281.jpeg
    637.2 KB · Views: 37
Back when I used to race MTBs I learned to hate mud. First of all brakes got iffy fast, but they dragged in the mud, and pedaling a bike with an extra 50% weight on it plus the drag was really bad. The real pain was that for a non-sponsored schmuck it was expensive as all hell because you trashed the bike, and you had the rebuild time. New brakes, new chain, new XTR (hence my handle) cogset, new cables, replace bearings, disassemble and clean every thing. Bike was in the parts bins for 2 weeks and it cost hundreds to rebuild.

I did it once with my main bike, it sucked. The next time it was pouring the night before a race I pulled an old CrMo frame off of the wall and built it up with worn out parts. Didn't even have a front shock on it, and went and had a blast.

Maintenance is a pain and expensive but is very necessary when the machine has to stay together for 2-3 hours of racing. Us non-sponsored schmucks never had the luxury of a practice bike or quad so we have to keep a close eye on the machine.