• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1595492234831.png

View attachment 7381341

HERO Ben Kuroki...“I had to fight like hell for the right to fight for my own country.”
Kuroki, a Nebraska farm boy, somehow slipped through the filter that placed all Japanese American enlistees in segregated units during WWII, and he became a gunner in a B-24 squadron based in Europe. He served with distinction and completed 30 combat missions, more than the standard full tour of 25.
He returned to the United States for rest and recuperation. Kuroki returned to the fight by serving another full tour of duty as a B-29 gunner in the Pacific. He was the only Japanese American to serve in air combat in the Pacific, and one of very few soldiers at all to have fought in both the European and Pacific theaters. He completed a total of 58 combat missions and was awarded three Distinguished Flying Crosses and the Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters.
Kuroki grew up just west of here and is a legend in Nebraska. He passed away in 2015 at age 98 and was a survivor of the Black Sunday raid on Ploesti. A documentary film "The Honest Son" aired on PBS in 2007. A true hero who served with honor and courage.

I play with this sometimes. Do it wrong and it will take you away from here. My setup uses a microwave transformer and runs at about 2000 volts.
I was gonna mess around with it some till i read “ have medical personnel near”. Now the wife is a long time r.n. But she says she dont nurse in her says off. And there is also the whole life insurance thing , so I decided to leave it along

Now, if the protesters had heard the command "Fix bayonets!" ...
I did a hitch in the National Guard back in the '80s; we did our riot training with fixed bayonets. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder we would advance slowly at the half-step. The mob had a choice: disperse or become shish kebabs. If somebody tried to grab the rifle barrel, the soldier on either side would slash their hand with the bayonet.

Only one soldier was to be issued live ammo; he stood behind the line with a uniformed police officer. The cop was to direct him to shoot at anyone in the crowd with a weapon.

It really ticks me off when I see cops and National Guardsmen using frigging broomsticks to contain mobs. On a positive note, though, Portland mayor Ted Wheeler got tear-gassed last night:

Ted_Wheeler_1.png

There's a bar in Boulder, CO called the Dark Horse I used to frequent in my early 20s. They had doors w/ Mens on one and Women's on the other with arrows pointing to the opposite door. You may have seen pics of it on the internets. Only confusing after a few beers.

I think this is against "code" now, so you may or may not see it anymore.

1595356327_perdc2zux9.jpeg