• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1599878410572.png

Is that real....doesn’t matter worth it anyway. 😀

Thomas Vijayan's image of langurs in India's Bandipur National Park has been crowned winner of this year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year People's Choice Award.
Vijayan travelled from Canada to India to photograph tigers and leopards. After a day on safari in Bandipur with no sight of the big cats, his attention was caught by a group of gray langurs playing on a nearby tree.
With the evening light descending, a small langur lowered itself down on the tails of two adults, using them to swing beneath a branch.

'Big cats are my favorite subjects in photography,' said Vijayan. 'But on this particular day, when the safari was almost over with no sighting of any big cats, everyone was looking around hopefully.

'I saw a few langurs playing on a tree, and it struck me that there was a chance for a good photograph. While everyone else was waiting for the tigers, I came back with this mesmerising moment.'

Winners on display
Vijayan's photograph was crowned winner of this year's People's Choice Award following a public vote. Almost 20,000 votes were cast across the 25 shortlisted images.

The top five images can be seen in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2015 online gallery.

Thomas Vijayan's image of langurs in India's Bandipur National Park has been crowned winner of this year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year People's Choice Award.
Vijayan travelled from Canada to India to photograph tigers and leopards. After a day on safari in Bandipur with no sight of the big cats, his attention was caught by a group of gray langurs playing on a nearby tree.
With the evening light descending, a small langur lowered itself down on the tails of two adults, using them to swing beneath a branch.

'Big cats are my favorite subjects in photography,' said Vijayan. 'But on this particular day, when the safari was almost over with no sighting of any big cats, everyone was looking around hopefully.

'I saw a few langurs playing on a tree, and it struck me that there was a chance for a good photograph. While everyone else was waiting for the tigers, I came back with this mesmerising moment.'

Winners on display
Vijayan's photograph was crowned winner of this year's People's Choice Award following a public vote. Almost 20,000 votes were cast across the 25 shortlisted images.

The top five images can be seen in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2015 online gallery.
Glad it’s real, the world is still a fun place when you just look, very cool, Tks for the lead. 🤙

Thailand, not Australia....

‘Blood spurting’: Teen bitten on the penis by snake while sitting on the toilet

To start, I always prefer real and shop if done with a good purpose. Everything is possible today I think and I don’t actually have digital “shop” experience to know all of the “signs”. I’m been trained and experienced in photojournalism and fashion/personal people shooting and layouts spent years with B&W films, developing and darkroom hand printing (chemicals the whole works). I did a load of it. I LOVE a well frozen moment. Being aware of how to make a good image takes in allllll aspects of the medium. Stopping....I should have just said “if you like it and it ‘sticks’...good”. 🤙

Last edited:
Need to add: The ability to manipulate an image goes from choice of film, light, form, composition and the pure old school manual manipulations in the darkroom and printing (after you take the film and paint with the light of your enlarger)....to the new computer digitalized imaging. A master craftsman is just that, a master (whatever the subject). It’s amazing what can be done just manually with the physical darkroom paper print, it all comes into consideration. Visual tools, the art of making your eye travel inside the image is real. A craftsman kno ws how to make you do it, he leaves you no choice really, your eye and then your mind respond to it, when he makes his image. I know I post a ton of female images, it’s easy for me to blast through images looking for one thing to stop me and make me spend time looking, that’s all great compositional elements do. I could talk about imagery all day I love photography and what it can be. 🤙

Last edited: