• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

6d9anXG.jpg

A homage to one of my favorite movies of all time: Cool Hand Luke (1967)

Epic poker scene with awesome Appalachian bluegrass tunes from background radio to boot. Cool Hand Luke is probably right next to Cold Mountain (2003) in terms of kickass soundtrack and collection of melodies from classic Americana in one album...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: hangunnr and fx77

Move aside, Hornady Z-MAX... Somebody's been making novelty boolits WAY before ya'll...
biggrin.gif

Humans don't really change, do they?

2010: We got special green tip ammo for taking out zombies.

1300s-1400s: We got arrowheads specifically made for killing dragons.

1300s-1400s Japan: We got arrowheads that make a whistling sound to scare off sex demons from stalking the homes of young virgin maidens in the middle of the night...

EPIC TROLLING 101:

Internet comedian 'Cole Hersch' pretends to be a student of Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, CA and infiltrates into one of the school's online activity planning sessions. He complains that the school's mascot of a cartoon Mexican vaquero, "The Gaucho", is racist, and proposes a new progressive mascot to replace it...

Yep... Some people are just not keenly aware of how real the 'whiplash', or 'tail waggin' the dog' effect is, the longer and heavier the load is. I've seen relatively weak microbursts and EF-0 landspouts/gustnados that would barely affect a very small subcompact car flip over fully loaded trailers like matchsticks... All the driver had to do was exceed the safe speed of the turn by just +5 mph or so for that to happen, and from the looks of it, that is exactly what happened. We sometimes haul Caterpillar or Case loaders strapped to trailers that are coupled to the straight trucks. Makes me quite a bit more hypervigilant whenever I am behind the wheel of one of those...
I'd say the dipshit got deep into a residential area and was trying to turn around, sucks he backed into a ditch.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I'd say the dipshit got deep into a residential area and was trying to turn around, sucks he backed into a ditch.

Definitely looked like a TIGHT turn on that road in the picture. One of the biggest "rookie" mistakes in this field would be using a regular car GPS system as opposed to a commercial GPS that will plot out specific routes that a commercial or placarded vehicle may use... This often results in extremely costly mistakes, as most 'prohibited' roads for trucks are 'prohibited' for specific reasons, ie., low bridges and bridges with weight limits that cannot handle such vehicles... There is a CSX railway bridge in Massachusetts that is nicknamed the "career suicide bridge", because the underpass running below has a clearance of 11'8... And you guessed it... At least 3 de-roofings a week, sometimes at considerable speed.
smiley_freak.gif

Here is something else that is major facepalm fodder... Common sense really does not grow in everybody's garden... I'd be hesitant to attempt a "eweie" on this road with a Mitsubishi Fuso, much less with what this guy is driving...

Edit: MA, not NJ, and the little devil is 11'8 clearance...

Last edited:
Definitely looked like a TIGHT turn on that road in the picture. One of the biggest "rookie" mistakes in this field would be using a regular car GPS system as opposed to a commercial GPS that will plot out specific routes that a commercial or placarded vehicle may use... This often results in extremely costly mistakes, as most 'prohibited' roads for trucks are 'prohibited' for specific reasons, ie., low bridges and bridges with weight limits that cannot handle such vehicles... There is a CSX railway bridge in New Jersey that is nicknamed the "career suicide bridge", because the underpass running below has a clearance of 10'8... And you guessed it... At least 3 de-roofings a week, sometimes at considerable speed.
smiley_freak.gif

Here is something else that is major facepalm fodder... Common sense really does not grow in everybody's garden... I'd be hesitant to attempt a "eweie" on this road with a Mitsubishi Fuso, much less with what this guy is driving...

I believe you are talking about this, it was 11' 8", it is now 12' 4" with height sensors that trigger a red light and a huge sign flashing "over height must turn" still happens.
How many bridges have there own website?

I believe you are talking about this, it was 11' 8", it is now 12' 4" with height sensors that trigger a red light and a huge sign flashing "over height must turn" still happens.

That one was bad, but it is actually that one's evil little brother that took even more hits...

Correction on my part: It is actually Westwood, MA, not NJ...

Definitely looked like a TIGHT turn on that road in the picture. One of the biggest "rookie" mistakes in this field would be using a regular car GPS system as opposed to a commercial GPS that will plot out specific routes that a commercial or placarded vehicle may use... This often results in extremely costly mistakes, as most 'prohibited' roads for trucks are 'prohibited' for specific reasons, ie., low bridges and bridges with weight limits that cannot handle such vehicles... There is a CSX railway bridge in Massachusetts that is nicknamed the "career suicide bridge", because the underpass running below has a clearance of 11'8... And you guessed it... At least 3 de-roofings a week, sometimes at considerable speed.
smiley_freak.gif

Edit: MA, not NJ, and the little devil is 11'8 clearance...

I can tell you from experience that big trucks can be trouble, even for the experienced.
I spent a long weekend in Massachusetts some 35 years ago.

I'm here to say that the streets in New Bedford Mass get seriously SMALL after sundown and before sunrise for a bobtail tractor.

Oh the stuff good people do when they are young.

Wow,all the money they spent on that failure.

We have a Tressel like this and nothing can be done to fix it because of the massive amounts of concrete that was used in it's construction in 1930 and lack of drainage.