• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1609690408552.png

The Unisaw lives! The spinning blade is your proof. I bought it over 30 years ago and it has many miles on it. A few months ago, the power switch shorted and it was a pain in the ass getting it running again. Delta would rather I just trash my pride and joy and buy a new one. I went through two junk Delta OEM $65 replacements, then a piece of shit $114 one from Grizzly made in China. I finally bought a $50 switch on Ebay and cleaned up the brushes and Bingo! Welcome back!

_MG_0162sz.jpg

_MG_0160sz.jpg

Doing duty as a workbench:

_MG_0166sz.jpg

I've forgotten why but my experience has been that the newer versions of those start/stop switches don't seem to work on the older machines.

The Unisaw lives! The spinning blade is your proof. I bought it over 30 years ago and it has many miles on it. A few months ago, the power switch shorted and it was a pain in the ass getting it running again. Delta would rather I just trash my pride and joy and buy a new one. I went through two junk Delta OEM $65 replacements, then a piece of shit $114 one from Grizzly made in China. I finally bought a $50 switch on Ebay and cleaned up the brushes and Bingo! Welcome back!

View attachment 7518832

View attachment 7518833

View attachment 7518834
I would love to have an old unisaw. My oft used saw is a much older Rockwell/Delta that only takes 9” blades largest. Got it used many years ago and replaced the broken on/off switch with a utility box and switch.

This is about as motivational as I will get today. After two years of medical issues, I am finally getting back out to the range. Today, I was the only one there for about an hour before a few more folks started showing up.
159121D4-67D7-4B6C-B68D-6A1F6F7B6B1A.jpeg

9EC4AB15-C9E5-4E1D-8783-A40EF94A3080.jpeg

Changed some optics around and trying to get the dust knocked off before the SH class out here at Pala in February. After I found paper and ruffed it in, my first string of 10 rounds had a bit of horizontal issues so I had to reevaluate what I was doing and make some corrections.
4B5A73E3-8F72-4081-BFC8-43EFB305BD10.jpeg

next group of 10 rounds was better and the last group of 20 rounds was not bad all things considered. I know, not great but it‘s a start and after so long away from the range, I’ll take it.
943E5BBD-552E-4217-B587-F71C43C36351.jpeg

CE7D0408-25DF-4425-8DF0-A9A5BACE348F.jpeg

This is about as motivational as I will get today. After two years of medical issues, I am finally getting back out to the range. Today, I was the only one there for about an hour before a few more folks started showing up.
View attachment 7518873
View attachment 7518874
Changed some optics around and trying to get the dust knocked off before the SH class out here at Pala in February. After I found paper and ruffed it in, my first string of 10 rounds had a bit of horizontal issues so I had to reevaluate what I was doing and make some corrections.
View attachment 7518896

next group of 10 rounds was better and the last group of 20 rounds was not bad all things considered. I know, not great but it‘s a start and after so long away from the range, I’ll take it.
View attachment 7518901

View attachment 7518902
That’s great, I know the feeling. I had medical issues (cancer) that kept me from doing all my fun activities for several months. First thing I did after the doc said I was good to go was head to the range. It’s therapeutic in a way.

Yeah, when my check engine light finally activated it was a PITA. I went from my pancreas trying to rupture while back at home for my father’s funeral to a testicular cancer scare that had them taking out my left nut and carving it up before putting it back. Still have other minor issues but getting back to doing something “normal” helps.

Yeah, when my check engine light finally activated it was a PITA. I went from my pancreas trying to rupture while back at home for my father’s funeral to a testicular cancer scare that had them taking out my left nut and carving it up before putting it back. Still have other minor issues but getting back to doing something “normal” helps.

I'd like to see pics if you have a camera phone.

Just cutting up a bit. Good luck and I hope 2021 is better for you.

Reactions: TACC

I bet that bitch swims with scissors!

I've forgotten why but my experience has been that the newer versions of those start/stop switches don't seem to work on the older machines.

Yea, a direct replacement was not available. The original had a circuit breaker attached and, according to a local electrician, gave a short shot of voltage to a start coil. The start coil is taped off neutral now.

Reactions: Barneybdb
View attachment 7518873
View attachment 7518874
View attachment 7518896

View attachment 7518901

View attachment 7518902
I shot at pala this afternoon.

View attachment 7518832

View attachment 7518833

View attachment 7518834
Well made machines, I just never liked that bevel turned/pointing to the right hand fence. Powermatic Model 66 for me with a Biesemeyer fence. 🤙