• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

9° at my place right now. Allegedly headed for 0°, or below. Think we haven't seen snow in over five years. Ice is more common, and a hell of a lot harder to drive on.

2018 I saw the greatest spread in temps.
January 7°
July 107°
-11 here at fort carson. Fuck that shit. I thought I would never see negative degrees again after I left fort drum. Coldest up there was -42 degrees in FRB of 2011.

Doc

• Wow
Reactions: fx77 and canman
1613358722001.png

I'm not sure if it's the same dog or not but clearly the owners of this dog weren't using any common sense with regard to the pup's survival.

This guy wasn't going to lose his dog or his cigar.

Didn't even lose the cigar.
images.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Boon20
-11 here at fort carson. Fuck that shit. I thought I would never see negative degrees again after I left fort drum. Coldest up there was -42 degrees in FRB of 2011.

Doc
We had -27 going from LaJunta to Trinidad on 385 a few years ago. -10 right now. Called off school tomorrow for the cold. I remember in middle school I was outside in shorts with -20 something wind chill. The principle called my mom on me, and my mom was like, "yep whats new?" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I love the cold... Melbourne has reached up to 115f in summer, and it melts my english side.
Sorry, but I have -17 right now in central WI. They called off school tomorrow because we are supposed to have -40 wind chill in the morning.
Yeah fuck that. We had -10 yesterday morning and when I opened my truck door I felt my hand starting to actually freeze to the door when let go pf it to shut it. I felt like the kid who licked the flag pole. Once you get in the negatives I ain't going outside

Last edited:
I stopped outside of Hartsel, Co one night at about 12 AM, on my way to Vail from COS.
I was in a borrowed Cherokee and the outside temp registered -25F. I drove out to the fly fishing parking lot by the South Platte River and got out of the car to experience that depth of cold...i didn't dare shut the engine off or close the door.
No moon, but enough starlight to cast a shadow.
I'll never forget that.

Later that night I saw Hunter Thompson fueling up his rig at a 24hr gas station in Frisco. By that time the weather had turned awful and it was blowing 35 mph and snowing sideways.... I said hello to him on my way to the cashier and got back, "It's a hell of a night!"

HERE IS THE PLAN

Interesting: Trump runs for Congress in 2022, wins in Florida and becomes Speaker of the House. House impeaches Biden and Harris. Trump finishes out their term and is still eligible to run for President in 2024! OMG!!!
That sounds like fun but that's not how the order of succession works. It was designed to prevent just such a scenario, to prevent someone farther down the ladder from "eliminating" everyone above them. The Speaker would only be "Acting President" until delegates from the 50 states elected a new President, who would then nominate a Vice President to be confirmed by the Senate.

For those who are interested in WW2 warbirds I strongl recommend Greg’s Airplanes and Automobiles channel on YouTube. The details are often over my head because I’m not a pilot, but will probably make an airplane nerd get the shakes. Just for an example, his series on the P 47 is 8 parts each in the range of an hour.

How many places can you find a 45 min detailed evaluation of the Ta-152 H-1?
Yeah, except he goes all over the place and doesn't make sense. He did an eight part series on the P-47 and still couldn't figure it out. He also delved into how the P-51 had what was called a laminar flow wing, and goes on to show it isn't, without going on to show what the real revelation was with the wing. I don't know where he gets his numbers, but they are OFF!

Reactions: Barneybdb
Doubt the pic was from down here but we do get snow in some parts, even have ski runs and ski lifts. Even had the "pleasure" of digging a snow cave and living in it during SERE training. Seems some of you guys are getting hit pretty hard at the moment, stay safe and warm.

Yeah, except he goes all over the place and doesn't make sense. He did an eight part series on the P-47 and still couldn't figure it out. He also delved into how the P-51 had what was called a laminar flow wing, and goes on to show it isn't, without going on to show what the real revelation was with the wing. I don't know where he gets his numbers, but they are OFF!
Are you referring to the drag coefficient of the wing?

I failed to add the picture of the " wooden link chain" built by Jack Ridings, the gentlemen who survived The Battan Death March, in an early post. Here is the picture.....View attachment 7557070

Have you got a better picture of the clock?

I am trying to figure out why the number "6" looks odd. It would help if I could see the "12" - - - I think.

Thanks a bunch.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and Anb618
9° at my place right now. Allegedly headed for 0°, or below. Think we haven't seen snow in over five years. Ice is more common, and a hell of a lot harder to drive on.

2018 I saw the greatest spread in temps.
January 7°
July 107°
Not too bad here this morning. It's supposed to start warming up today. Finally looking at a high above zero.
Screenshot_20210215-054635.png

Not too bad here this morning. It's supposed to start warming up today. Finally looking at a high above zero.View attachment 7557237

It’s in the mid twenties here, chill in the teens. Freezing rain/sleet/light flurries. Whole state of Louisiana shut down. Now I know we’re a bunch of pussies.

Not too bad here this morning. It's supposed to start warming up today. Finally looking at a high above zero.View attachment 7557237
I had a student in my class when I teaching auto shop, he was from Minnesota. When I was telling them about how important it was keeping battery terminals tight he said in the winter they would bring the battery in every night. He never tightened a terminal or lashed it down. At least in the winter.

I had a student in my class when I teaching auto shop, he was from Minnesota. When I was telling them about how important it was keeping battery terminals tight he said in the winter they would bring the battery in every night. He never tightened a terminal or lashed it down. At least in the winter.
I wouldn't go that far. But we make sure to leave at least a half tank or more of fuel in the vehicles when it's this cold.

-40 with the wind chill here.

Meh is cold now, but will get over 100 in the summer. So we get screwed both ways. Lol