• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I never knew that
There's a YT video where on an interview he was describing his experience. Then Chuck Noll told him he got traded to the Eagles. That's when he decided to quit football and take up acting.
I guess it all worked out for him.
I mean after all he got to put lips on Sophia Vergara for 10 years. There's that.

E377464E-4635-4353-A785-D6C40C6BD04E.jpeg

Why in hell not drive to the top and ride down.

Lol

I hear ya.

I can't answer for others, but the suffering feels good. Maybe it's conquering the climb, I don't really know.
At my lightest cycling weight, I was 191lbs, but i could climb our limited hills with the best of them.

I remember living in Toronto when I was 15 and I would ride my BMX bike through High Park. You wouldn't believe how many road cyclist I'd pass on those hills. Of course they would pass me later on because of my limited gearing, but the dirty looks were worth it.

My favorite ride is near Mt. Tam, in Norcal. About 80 miles but 5,500 feet in climbing. The hardest hills come at the end, and is a real test of character. Bolinas to Ridgecrest, then up the Seven Sisters. The Bolinas to Ridgecrest is where they do the Mt. Tam hill climb race, 12% grade for two miles. Not a century in miles, but easily one in endurance.
My bae gots it all 😍

1622255377352.jpeg

Johnny Hoogerland, hit by a media car, knocked through a barbed wire fence and still finished the race, kept the KoM jersey and won most aggressive rider for the day...bad ass

View attachment 7635195

View attachment 7635198
View attachment 7635200

Then there is Larens ten Dam, crashed on a descent and still finished the stage

View attachment 7635201

Basketball has become like soccer, a diving event not held in a pool.

I was 12. Couldn't finish because the front wheel was tweaked and I was 12 and didn't have a "team" to replace the wheel on the fly.
I was in 2nd moving to pass 1st on the inside of a turn when he came in and caught my front wheel in his back wheel and I went over the bars and another rider ran over my head. Hill climbing was my forte.

We did have a local bike shop that committed it's service department to fixing the racer's bikes ASAP and for free. That was their sponsorship. The Spoke in Boulder on Pearl Street. I think it's still there. Also, it was a criterium so I would have been given a 'free' lap and allowed to rejoin the race where I went down and start when my 'place' came through. IOW, I could rejoin the race once 1st place passed me while I waited for them to complete that lap. No head start but you can get a kind of running start to match speed.

The race was an abbreviated version of the Red Zinger/Coor's Classic. Some of the same stages as in Hell of the West in American Flyers.

IMG_2139.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg