• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1622119270_n9to1p60l3.jpg

My favorite ride is near Mt. Tam, in Norcal. About 80 miles but 5,500 feet in climbing. The hardest hills come at the end, and is a real test of character. Bolinas to Ridgecrest, then up the Seven Sisters. The Bolinas to Ridgecrest is where they do the Mt. Tam hill climb race, 12% grade for two miles. Not a century in miles, but easily one in endurance.
I really wish people in the bay would stop saying it's norcal. Norcal starts around willows. Rant over.... carry on.

I was 12. Couldn't finish because the front wheel was tweaked and I was 12 and didn't have a "team" to replace the wheel on the fly.
I was in 2nd moving to pass 1st on the inside of a turn when he came in and caught my front wheel in his back wheel and I went over the bars and another rider ran over my head. Hill climbing was my forte.

We did have a local bike shop that committed it's service department to fixing the racer's bikes ASAP and for free. That was their sponsorship. The Spoke in Boulder on Pearl Street. I think it's still there. Also, it was a criterium so I would have been given a 'free' lap and allowed to rejoin the race where I went down and start when my 'place' came through. IOW, I could rejoin the race once 1st place passed me while I waited for them to complete that lap. No head start but you can get a kind of running start to match speed.

The race was an abbreviated version of the Red Zinger/Coor's Classic. Some of the same stages as in Hell of the West in American Flyers.

View attachment 7635870

View attachment 7635871
You get a pass because that's cool AF!

My favorite ride is near Mt. Tam, in Norcal. About 80 miles but 5,500 feet in climbing. The hardest hills come at the end, and is a real test of character. Bolinas to Ridgecrest, then up the Seven Sisters. The Bolinas to Ridgecrest is where they do the Mt. Tam hill climb race, 12% grade for two miles. Not a century in miles, but easily one in endurance.
Done that ride a few times while I was in college and now that I am older. Eye opening what the body can handle.

What you think is your threshold is only the beginning.

Did a few times the all gas hill climb challenges in SF. Talking about watt output, stoopid.

Funny story, I was doing a loop from SF to North Bay, 100 mile day. Ran into Levi and another group so I ask to tag along at pretty solid clip.

Got to a steeper section over in Belvedere and just watched as Levi put the hammer down, I had to gear down and he geared up.

When I get to tough sections, I hear in my head the immortal words "shut up legs!"

Reactions: jrassy
Okay, you guys with your bicycling stories are all very interesting and all, but this is not the thread in which to go on and on about it. Start another thread or else DD will really let loose a barrage of eye bleach inducing level 10.

If you want bicycles, at least include motivating pictures with them.

2A1442DA-B8F6-4CF9-813D-AC7ABFBB5BCB.png

5CCECAB1-C227-42C7-9D19-D779E70D20C5.jpeg

B376C343-FF93-4F57-B1E4-B7A4618B839B.jpeg

Yeah, she definitely has her own Only Fans page. No question.
I know of a radiologist, that has/had a only fans, she was politely asked " to look for another job " since the hospital she worked at, is a Christian based ( wont mention name). Never heard how that turned out, an invitation for law suit.
Also curious to know, who recognized her at work from fans account, and reported to HR.

Rest In Peace, brother.

Captain Steven Hill, last alarm 29 May 2020.

This guy was a top five percenter. Stout, fast, athletic, reliable, trustworthy, hard working, funny, and intelligent. We loved him dearly. Leukemia took him from us a year ago. He was 43 years old. He left behind a wife, two children and a 150 brothers and sisters. He will ALWAYS be remembered!

FB_IMG_1622303830682.jpg

Rest In Peace, brother.

Captain Steven Hill, last alarm 29 May 2020.

This guy was a top five percenter. Stout, fast, athletic, reliable, trustworthy, hard working, funny, and intelligent. We loved him dearly. Leukemia took him from us a year ago. He was 43 years old. He left behind a wife, two children and a 150 brothers and sisters. He will ALWAYS be remembered!

View attachment 7636047
RIP Brother

I worked in a bike shop in Durango, CO in the early 2000’s. Lots of great riders, and pro’s, in town.
Every year around the summer solstice a group would ride the whole San Juan Skyway, 236 miles, over all those mountain passes. They called it the Death Ride. Some years it took 12+ hours.
I never did it, or wanted to. A windy day could make it extra hard.
Missy was the man! 😉

Reactions: Laseredge