• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1622338380161.png

The government should make it illegal for a business to force their "morals" on others for legal things they do in their own time.
People used to claim it was their right to refuse to employ people based on their race, ethnicity, religion or marital status and that was outlawed.
Working for a catholic hospital rest assured she had a clause oh well.
Personally I think shes a skank and showed her liberal fuck you views to her employers.
I'd fired her ass too.
I bet if she was on a soapbox spreading leftists horseshit that would be okay, right?

Working for a catholic hospital rest assured she had a clause oh well.
If the Catholic church wanted to talk "morals" they should take a good hard look at the horrors, misery, suffering and evil they inflicted on the world for so long... most of their "morals" is totally made up stuff they cooked up to control humans using guilt, fear and shame.
Same group wants to talk about morals when people are digging up mass graves of children taken 50 years ago from single mothers by force and never seen from again by the same group....

But oh my a woman's body is so sinful and they should be ashamed and have to hide it...

I bet if she was on a soapbox spreading leftists horseshit that would be okay, right?

Her personal politics outside of work is not subject to the whims of her employers.

One of our employees is a dedicated Bernie Bro, but I treat him no differently than anybody else, as he doesn't do his politics at work unless asked and it's not my business to tell him what he can and can't do with his own time and his own political path.

Done that ride a few times while I was in college and now that I am older. Eye opening what the body can handle.

What you think is your threshold is only the beginning.

Did a few times the all gas hill climb challenges in SF. Talking about watt output, stoopid.

Funny story, I was doing a loop from SF to North Bay, 100 mile day. Ran into Levi and another group so I ask to tag along at pretty solid clip.

Got to a steeper section over in Belvedere and just watched as Levi put the hammer down, I had to gear down and he geared up.

When I get to tough sections, I hear in my head the immortal words "shut up legs!"

Great NorCal bike stories. I’ve enjoyed them all.

My favorite climb to this day is Mt Baldy road from Claremont. Technically not NorCal but a spectacular and brutal 5000 foot single push. I often took my running shoes and made a run up under the lifts and then did the remaining push to the summit to make it a 9k day. I once ran into a famous climber/writer who was stunned that I did it weekly.

if you can feel your legs, you are not really pushing it. I learned this when I joined the weekly interval training up Laureles Grade. Those sessions taught me how to control my breathing, use the full pedal rotation, and allow my leg pain to go away. Hill intervals and hard drafting in big gears is what separated the top riders from everyone else. as well as proper nutrition and eating and hydrating often.

During my long rides up and down NorCal I ran into a lot of famous riders. Either drafting pace behind cars or out with their club. Everyone was pleasant and I got invited to some dinners.

One of my prized possessions is a speeding ticket where I exceeded the posted speed limit descending northbound into Monterey on Highway 60 from Carmel. I don’t think the officer would have seen me if I had not passed car traffic on the outside. I admitted to doing 60 and paid the fine.

I did several dozen road races and made Cat Ii but saw a few horrific wrecks that scared me. When I broke my seat tube and then a crank arm and then finally three frames in succession just from being strong, I quit racing. Just too expensive to need a new bike every few weeks.

all the talk of long rides and racing is motivating to me. And invokes a lot of nostalgia.

If the Catholic church wanted to talk "morals" they should take a good hard look at the horrors, misery, suffering and evil they inflicted on the world for so long... most of their "morals" is totally made up stuff they cooked up to control humans using guilt, fear and shame.
Same group wants to talk about morals when people are digging up mass graves of children taken 50 years ago from single mothers by force and never seen from again by the same group....

But oh my a woman's body is so sinful and they should be ashamed and have to hide it...

Her personal politics outside of work is not subject to the whims of her employers.

One of our employees is a dedicated Bernie Bro, but I treat him no differently than anybody else, as he doesn't do his politics at work unless asked and it's not my business to tell him what he can and can't do with his own time and his own political path.
Standard boilerplate employee agreement would have clauses spelling it out.
That's the why

Reactions: SWgeezer
Standard boilerplate employee agreement would have clauses spelling it out.
That's the why

That's why we get government involved to tell corporations that there are hard limits to what they can and cannot try to make their employees agree to as a condition of employment.

It's why you don't get fired for marrying somebody from another race these days.

Too many of the "Good" people think Corporations should be allowed to do anything they want and be as evil as they want because well... corporations must be people or some such B.S. Corporations are often more dangerous that governments and need to be tightly controlled.

If you don't think so.... just take a look at the big corporations and how they helped subvert our democracy and rig the elections in favour of their buddies.

That's why we get government involved to tell corporations that there are hard limits to what they can and cannot try to make their employees agree to as a condition of employment.

It's why you don't get fired for marrying somebody from another race these days.

Too many of the "Good" people think Corporations should be allowed to do anything they want and be as evil as they want because well... corporations must be people or some such B.S. Corporations are often more dangerous that governments and need to be tightly controlled.

If you don't think so.... just take a look at the big corporations and how they helped subvert our democracy and rig the elections in favour of their buddies.

I can agree to that but unions are just as bad.

If corporations need to have their "voices" cut so do Unions.

The whole Peoples United thing I understood along those lines.

As always "unintended consequences" had a say.

I can agree to that but unions are just as bad.

If corporations need to have their "voices" cut so do Unions.

The whole Peoples United thing I understood along those lines.

As always "unintended consequences" had a say

If the "woke" among us have their way, eventually businesses will be required to employ pedophiles using the "You can't force your morality on others" mantra.

• Sad
Reactions: Barneybdb