• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1624727723258.jpeg

someone left an air brake on
HRA will be asking questions and someone will be pissing in a cup

If it's only one wheel, it probably stuck after they departed the originating terminal. No piss test. This was one of my arguments when I testified years ago at an FRA hearing about removing towers and tower operators. Operators would have seen the sparks coming from that wheel and stopped them long before it got that bad. That picture doesn't show the whole picture. Look at the distortion in the wheel. That got hot and was hot for a long time. That flange could have warped or broken off and then you'd have that train on the ground. Then there would be a piss test.

Looks more like a bearing froze up. It didn’t set fire to the car so I doubt FRA ever got involved. I’d be interested to see the other side of the truck.
good point
i agree if it was wheel bearing i doubt the FRA would be notified

If it's only one wheel, it probably stuck after they departed the originating terminal. No piss test. This was one of my arguments when I testified years ago at an FRA hearing about removing towers and tower operators. Operators would have seen the sparks coming from that wheel and stopped them long before it got that bad. That picture doesn't show the whole picture. Look at the distortion in the wheel. That got hot and was hot for a long time. That flange could have warped or broken off and then you'd have that train on the ground. Then there would be a piss test.
also a good observation
we only have a few, very few manned towers here in the east coast

That was actually a status symbol.

big thing back then was to steal hats.

If anyone remembers before the mid 90’s hats were shitty foam fronts and plastic web backs

people would steal them all the time because the new ones were expensive for teenagers etc.

Certain neighborhoods started keeping the tags on showing the female population that they could afford to buy a hat…which meant they could pay for a date.
They left the tags on so they could look like they “Stole” them. Supposed to signal Badassery. That’s where that whole worn down over the ears and un-crimped, flat visor look came from. Ass-holes in my book.

The white guy (thief) got what he deserved but consider this. Everyone likes what the black guy did with the weed-eater to the white thief.

What if it had been a white guy wielding a weed-eater against a black thief?

You all know that answer to that. Think about what happened to the Army E-6 that confronted a black pervert in his neighborhood. The BLM (Bitchy Little Motherfuckers) DOXXED him and his family. I don't know what the status of the E-6 is now but even the Army came down on him for being a good citizen.

A black guy can get away with protecting his property with a weed-eater but I bet you a white guy would be arrested and in jail for the same thing. Then his family terrorized and house vandalized while he's incarcerated.

It's an Olds thing best I can tell. The only thing I can come up with is that the speedometer cable actually threads through the driver's side spindle. The grease cap has a cog in in to run the speedometer. Static build up? The passenger side has one also. So that kinda put the wtf on my idea.

It's kinda one of those things that I thought would be cool to put back. The car guys would be interested in it. Others wouldn't even notice.
Not sure if this is the case here, but if the engine ground erodes, it can ground through the speedometer cable. This will remove the temper from the speedometer return spring, causing an inaccurate reading.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
That's some serious rust on the bottom of that extinguisher.