• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Yeah, does it work left handed too? 😂
My dad got me with that when I was like 8 years old. The good ol' "son, go grab me the left handed 12mm wrench from the tool box" routine.

Unbeknownst to me he already had the 12mm in his hand....

15 minutes later my mom comes out to the garage and asks what I'm doing.... I fill her in on the details of my search for this mysterious left handed 12mm wrench I can't find.....and she gives my dad "the look".

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

1624648169436.png

My dad got me with that when I was like 8 years old. The good ol' "son, go grab me the left handed 12mm wrench from the tool box" routine.

15 minutes later my mom comes out to the garage and asks what I'm doing.... I fill her in on the details of my search for this mysterious left handed 12mm wrench I can't find.....and she gives my dad "the look".

🤣😂🤣😂🤣
I have a cresent wrench that adjusts in the opposite direction of any other wrench I have used and is marked in MM. It is a BAHCO brand.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Having been a father deep into a frustrating repair with the son wanting to help, he may have been saving you from his misplaced frustration. I know I did similar so that I wouldn’t snap at my son, sometimes.

Oh, plus it’s funny in a twisted sorta way. 😁

That sux. At 8 I was handed the tools and instructed on how to. By ten years old it was.... "Hey, the Jimmy needs a oil change and a tune up!". " The tires on your mom's car need rotated". I learned that you can't set the timing with the vac advance hooked up real early. Lot's of that stuff doesn't apply to these new electronic contraptions.
Having been a father deep into a frustrating repair with the son wanting to help, he may have been saving you from his misplaced frustration. I know I did similar so that I wouldn’t snap at my son, sometimes.

Oh, plus it’s funny in a twisted sorta way. 😁
Still a work in progress.
PXL_20210619_214320237.jpg
PXL_20210619_214320237.jpg

That sux. At 8 I was handed the tools and instructed on how to. By ten years old it was.... "Hey, the Jimmy needs a oil change and a tune up!". " The tires on your mom's car need rotated". I learned that you can't set the timing with the vac advance hooked up real early. Lot's of that stuff doesn't apply to these new electronic contraptions.

View attachment 7655050View attachment 7655050
Why's the upper control arm grounded, I've never seen that before

It's an Olds thing best I can tell. The only thing I can come up with is that the speedometer cable actually threads through the driver's side spindle. The grease cap has a cog in in to run the speedometer. Static build up? The passenger side has one also. So that kinda put the wtf on my idea.
Why's the upper control arm grounded, I've never seen that before
It's kinda one of those things that I thought would be cool to put back. The car guys would be interested in it. Others wouldn't even notice.

Reactions: oneshot86

I'm guessing you have fan(s) on electric motors in front of the radiator.

Reactions: lash

Beautiful Rocket!

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
It's a 1966 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88. Pretty much a unicorn. The Jetstar was only produced for three years. 64 and 65 were similar and it was redesigned for 66. Then it was discontinued.
What chassis is that in?
IMG_20191009_174802.jpg

The motor makes about 500 ft lbs and 425 hp. The car weighs 4000 lbs. It's kinda a B body. I say kinda because Oldsmobile didn't share much with the other GM brands.