• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

AmusingUnsungDodobird.gif

This is a neat video but it's not real. It's not a real person and the tire doesn't blow or deform the cage. I enlarged the video and watched it in slow motion, the arms in black sleeves come completely off of the mannequin, the head looks like black foam and just drops straight down. the mannequin is pulled out of view from behind, not blown out of view from the front.

-
serious energy . I personally saw on a job . a kid run-up to full loaded Euclid dump and start filling a low tire . Sounded like both barrels of a 12guage going off, when the split ring took him in the head and the kid was Done.

We lost a young mechanic at Balad in 2003.
He was filling a Blackhawk tire with nitrogen, not following proper procedures. When it cut loose and split him in half and seriously injured another.

This is a neat video but it's not real. It's not a real person and the tire doesn't blow or deform the cage. I enlarged the video and watched it in slow motion, the arms in black sleeves come completely off of the mannequin, the head looks like black foam and just drops straight down. the mannequin is pulled out of view from behind, not blown out of view from the front.

Yep, I knew it was BS when I first saw it mainly because the tire was still on the rim and also the "person" accelerated to fast from the initial. However the point is very real, as said you don't take them lightly. But you can also have some fun with them. I had a guy I worked with who was a self proclaimed expert on all matters mechanical. One day he was inflating some tires when he asked what the cage was for. We told him for safety incase a rim came apart, he said he has never needed one but asked how to use it. So very casually I said you get inside the cage to protect yourself if the tire blows apart and walked off like nothing was going on. I did however run up to some friends and had them sneak back with me to see what he did. Yep, you guessed it he was inside the damn cage reaching threw it airing up the tires. We rode him like a 2 dollar mule...

Shit. This is just another bunch of bullshit brought about by lack of proper procedure, no common sense or plain unadulterated dumbassery.

Lock rim wheels are quite safe when disassembled and assembled correctly.

Problems arise when the airgun monkeys beat the hell out of them with hammers, bending them up trying to get them off. Then they don't fit properly, because they've been fucked up. If they are bent or damaged they should be trashed. Same with the rim seat. The lock ring and the seat should be cleaned with a wire brush to remove all the rust and dirt, or they won't seat right. The tire can be aired up to about 30 pounds, and the ring checked for correct seating and gently tapped with a small hammer to get it right if necessary. Once everything is OK, air on up.

Same trouble with spoke wheels. The morons slam them on with an air wrench, and then try to get the wheel straight with the same tool. You simply cannot do that. There is a definite procedure to ease the wheel on straight and snug it down so it runs dead true.

These old wheels are the only way a fella can fix his own flats out in the bush by himself, without the need for a whole fucking workshop staffed by monkeys.

Am I ever getting sick of this shit.

671... you are 100 percent correct. Those old rims are safe and work great! I'd rather change split rim tires than well base any day. Unfortunately, plenty of people don't understand the difference between these tires and the one on their 10-speed...

It's all about knowing what you are doing. And those who do, are 100 percent safe. Those who don't... are like chlorine in the gene pool!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Dummy didn't consider all the gas fumes building up in the voids between the pieces of wood. It isn't the liquid gasoline that is so dangerous (although it is plenty dangerous enough), the real nasty danger comes from the explosive fumes. Dummy should have kept in mind that gas fumes are used to explode inside internal combustion engines.

Stained Glass Windows Made from Stacked Laser-Cut Paper by Eric Standley

Virginia-based artist Eric Standley (previously) brings a whole new meaning to the term “cutting edge” with his methodical stained glass windows created entirely from laser-cut paper. Standley stacks well over 100 sheets for many of his pieces which involve months of planning, drawing, and assembly. The artist says his inspiration comes from the geometry found in Gothic and Islamic architectural ornamentation which he somewhat jokingly calls “folk math.”

standley-1.jpg

standley-2.jpg

standley-3.jpg

standley-4.jpg

standley-5.jpg

standley-6.jpg

standley-7.jpg

standley-8.jpg

standley-9.jpg

Y'know, with all the stupidity exhibited by the "rednecks" in this world, it's a wonder that there are any surviving. I watch some of the "Fail" videos on You Tube, and see characters doing things that a normal, sane individual would know better than to try. Broken bones, internal bleeding, ruptured nuts do nothing to stop others from showing their idiocy. Amazing....