• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

morning_picdump_600_640_08.jpg

morning_picdump_600_640_09.jpg

morning_picdump_600_640_high_27.jpg

morning_picdump_600_640_51.jpg

They say if you're Scottish hearing the bagpipes can bring tears to your eyes. And if you're not Scottish hearing the bagpipes can bring tears to your eyes.

Damn, the sounds of pipes echoing across the twilight is a great thing...

I say if you are of heavy Scottish heritage then go with the pipes and some pink ear pro for your better half...

OH, and some Balvenie 21 for a prepratice warm up!!

So I have a cat that has learned how to do this. I have a S&W MP-15 box under the door handle on the outside of the door, so the cat can't pull down on the handle. It is the door to the basement, a few months ago my daughter went down stairs to get something and pushed the box out of the way. A few minutes later my 16 year old daughter was screaming bloody murder, I went running. The box had fallen back in place while she went through the door. She could not push DOWN on the handle it was blocked. I showed her that LIFTING UP works also. Funny as hell, works on cats and humans

My wife needs that poster, she is a teacher and gets parents all the time that don't believe in immunizations.

My 90 year old grandma says that the only reason people don't is because they have never seen someone they know die from most those diseases. Most have no idea what smallpox is like. She says if smallpox, polio were still around no one would hesitate for a second. she has seen a lot in her life.

My wife needs that poster, she is a teacher and gets parents all the time that don't believe in immunizations.

My 90 year old grandma says that the only reason people don't is because they have never seen someone they know die from most those diseases. Most have no idea what smallpox is like. She says if smallpox, polio were still around no one would hesitate for a second. she has seen a lot in her life.

She would be old enough to have been raised by parents who lived through the 1919 Spanish Influenza outbreak that killed 50-100 million people worldwide... That outbreak of a flu strain (thought to be an H1N1 like 'bird flu') made Ebola look like a head cold in terms of death toll... Killed more people worldwide than the Bubonic plague did in more than a century. And was one of the final ironies of WW1. Many who survived the trenches and the deprivations on the civilian front, were killed by a disease outbreak that almost certainly originated among troop concentrations in Europe and 'went home' after the war, spread by troop movements.

1918 flu pandemic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those who live in small towns... sometime go visit your local cemetery. Especially if you live in New England or the Midwest. You may be amazed at how many graves there are for 1919-1920 period when the deaths spiked. In 1919, my hometown had about 400 people. One cemetery, behind our downtown landmark church, contains 20 graves from a few-week period in 1919 and early 1920. Mostly children. That's 5 percent of the town lost in a few weeks... and that doesn't include the graves in the two 'other' cemeteries in town which I have not walked.

Sobering thought.

Ok, back to weird stuff and mammeries.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last edited: