• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

BF9F6E88-EF36-4EE0-81B1-2D041ACC1C10.jpeg

I so wanted to do one of my fuel pump replacements that way. The straps which held in the fuel tank had the bolts which secured them up in an almost unreachable spot. I have never understood why ALL truck manufacturers don't have an access plate over the pump.
Would increase the cost too much... After all on an $80k truck there is no profit... LOL

Pump is under the cabin on my "Supercrew", when the pump failed (2003 model, so it was 17yrs old at the time) the only option was to drop the tank - which I had just filled.

My daughter and her BF-at-the-time did it. Cost me the pump and some beers. I think possibly the gas, I remember saying they were free to syphon it out for themselves to make it easier.

Can't complain as that's the only issue in coming up on 20 years now.

truck.jpg

I am betting the guy that did that doesn't have access or the funds to do the job correctly. So having a lift for the bed is highly doubtful.
Also his only experience in auto mechanics is watching YouTube or Roadkill.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
Looks like it is a square body Chevy pickup. So I am going to guess that it's probably 20 years older than your truck.
Pump is under the cabin on my "Supercrew", when the pump failed (2003 model, so it was 17yrs old at the time) the only option was to drop the tank - which I had just filled.

My daughter and her BF-at-the-time did it. Cost me the pump and some beers. I think possibly the gas, I remember saying they were free to syphon it out for themselves to make it easier.

View attachment 7786768
Just a WAG on my part though

Reactions: canman
Problem with fixing old cars/trucks is not the vehicle, it’s the owners. 20 years old vehicle is not a repair anymore, it’s a restoration project. Just had one last week. 2008 CL 600 with engine oil cooler leaking. Oil cooler sits in the valley under the intake. Catch is it’s a 60 degree twin turbo V12. On a 60 degree V configuration, (makes it narrower to fit) the intake port edges of the cylinder heads overlap the cooler. So pull engine, and all the gaskets, seals, bolts, and miscellaneous shit that goes with it…. $15,000.00 later.

finally they make a veritable speed mini gun just needs the snipe option and it could be mounted on a roof top turret system . lol on step closer till I can get all that on a awd hybrid mobility scooter with a gun turret in lazy boy style .

View attachment 7786768
Those cam phasers are just waiting for the most inconvenient time to go out.

Code for... Our shop doesn't know what the fuck they're doing so they turn shit away.
That's easy to say but hard to back up. We are booking out 3 months right now and have been since the spring of 21. We work on Porche, Ferrari, Tesla, Rolls Royce, Rover, and Audis. We don't waste our time on rusted out pieces of shit. It's also apparent you don't work flat rate and have all day long to get rusted fucked up hillbilly rigs apart.

That's easy to say but hard to back up. We are booking out 3 months right now and have been since the spring of 21. We work on Porche, Ferrari, Tesla, Rolls Royce, Rover, and Audis. We don't waste our time on rusted out pieces of shit. It's also apparent you don't work flat rate and have all day long to get rusted fucked up hillbilly rigs apart.
Bet you he can spell Porsche though. . .

You'd probably do well in Texas riding in on your high horse.
I spent a lot of time working in the DFW and Houston areas, never had an issue.

I am not the one that started the insults. Don't make me start in on Tennesse, I worked in Nashville quite a bit too.

• Haha
Reactions: SWgeezer and lash
But pronounced "glorified Volkswagen"
It's always the people driving the low end Porsche that call them Poorshay, and the wannabe sophisticates and call them Poorshaaahhhh. The guys driving the Rolls, 7 series BMW or S class Mercedes that show up and say just fix my car and call me when it is done.

Now since this thread has taken a bad turn we need to get focused.

Muffin-Top-267x400.jpg

main-qimg-11d1ce6aa5687345205b11357ba44808

Last ones for the two elderly women arguing about car nonsense.

Attachments

• 631CC009-5E51-494F-92C6-5816A2DC707D.jpeg
    631CC009-5E51-494F-92C6-5816A2DC707D.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 179
  • EF25C58A-2B72-46F4-B91C-71B217B2A07B.jpeg
    EF25C58A-2B72-46F4-B91C-71B217B2A07B.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 170
  • B086A62F-B154-412C-AEC5-5717DBDFC04F.jpeg
    B086A62F-B154-412C-AEC5-5717DBDFC04F.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 174