• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

4ceb0158084bd8985620e513db44b241.jpg

I let my Dobe out once at 3am bc he had to go. 10 minutes later he came back stinking of skunk...was up till 5am washing that shit off of him before i let him back in the house.

New rule for all subsequent Dobers...they stay inside until first light 🤣
Shepherd got it a month ago, at 23:30. Shepherd doesn't like baths. Nothing like a wrestling match in the middle of the night with a stinking, wet dog, in the wife's bathroom because it's the only one with a tub. Side note: killing beer ,waiting for the fire to go out while camping; had a skunk actually walk between my legs. I was cool, it was cool. Campground skunks know where the gravy comes from.

Shepherd got it a month ago, at 23:30. Shepherd doesn't like baths. Nothing like a wrestling match in the middle of the night with a stinking, wet dog, in the wife's bathroom because it's the only one with a tub. Side note: killing beer ,waiting for the fire to go out while camping; had a skunk actually walk between my legs. I was cool, it was cool. Campground skunks know where the gravy comes from.
One time years back, I think it was 1999, my office sent me to a conference in San Diego for a week. Budget was really tight, so I said no problem, and pitched a tent is a KOA campground in Chula Vista. I was perfectly comfortable. I like to read at night, so I grabbed my camp chair to went under a street lamp. I got engrossed in the book I was reading and forgot where I was. So when my old dog rubbed up against my leg, I absentmindedly reached down and started scratching her. It was at that time my mental dashboard lights started flashing.

Miko wasn't with me. She was back home staying with friends. So I calmly looking down and discovered I was scratching a skunk behind the ears. He looked as happy as could be. I keep scratching for a few seconds more, then slowly withdrew my hand. The skunk realized that the moment was over and went on his way. No harm, no foul.

But I never lost that much situational awareness in that park again.