• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

220498A6-657B-4446-90EF-8C73D1FDA5E9.png

N2ishun can fix it, just ask him.🤣🤣🤣
Without a doubt, I could.
Are you trying to say it's unfixable ?

Anything, no matter how far gone, is fixable.
The only question is, for how much.

OBTW.
You can see the shredded fibreglass in the front end.
It ain't worth shit, it's a kit car.

For sure. The guys that drove the early Fuel Altered cars had giant cast iron balls. I was at Fremont Drag Strip and watch Super Nanook go through the light with the front tire a foot off of the ground with the tires on fire at 180-200mph. The 554 Ford was also fun to watch. I love the cackling sound the old nitro cars made.

Baylands was the shit !

Reactions: 168BTHPM
For sure. The guys that drove the early Fuel Altered cars had giant cast iron balls. I was at Fremont Drag Strip and watch Super Nanook go through the light with the front tire a foot off of the ground with the tires on fire at 180-200mph. The 554 Ford was also fun to watch. I love the cackling sound the old nitro cars made.

Crazy, sure. But in my opinion, short of big wave surfers or deep cave divers, group b rally drivers (and road-side viewers!) were the craziest mo-fo's. Maybe current rally racers are crazy too; I haven't kept up with it.

And that sound…whenever I need a pick me up and/or want to feel some spine chills, I watch something like this…

Here's my favorite group b car, the Audi Quattro Sport S1. Fuck I hope when I die I come back as a (non-electric) rally car driver:

The Quattro was great, but the Peugeot 205 was better, what with the engine not being in a different county than the front wheels so it could turn and all. The Lancia 037 was easily the best looking in homologation street guise, even if it missed out on the AWD domination era. Pic, because pic thread, and beautiful:
00-11-1024x555.jpg

Honorable mention to the Renault 5 Turbo because it's awesome, and it would've been wild to see the 288 GTO make it's Group B debut if it had appeared in time.

The Quattro was great, but the Peugeot 205 was better, what with the engine not being in a different county than the front wheels so it could turn and all. The Lancia 037 was easily the best looking in homologation street guise, even if it missed out on the AWD domination era. Pic, because pic thread, and beautiful:
View attachment 7904010

Honorable mention to the Renault 5 Turbo because it's awesome, and it would've been wild to see the 288 GTO make it's Group B debut if it had appeared in time.
I agree, that Peugeot 205 was awesome and the Lancia wins the sexy beast award outright, but that fucking Audi just reminds me of a near-uncontrollable fire-breathing dragon. It's all wrong and so right.

In this one, you can see just how batshit crazy driving these things were. Walter Röhrl driving. Spectators lining (and on!) the course, co-driver speaking directions in your ear, battling turbo lag, launching the car over hills, teetering next to cliffs, all while dancing around the pedals.

A story:

Crazy, sure. But in my opinion, short of big wave surfers or deep cave divers, group b rally drivers (and road-side viewers!) were the craziest mo-fo's. Maybe current rally racers are crazy too; I haven't kept up with it.

And that sound…whenever I need a pick me up and/or want to feel some spine chills, I watch something like this…

Have you ever watched Isle of Man, or World of Outlaws, or real Fuel Altered racing in person. A rally car sounds like a weed eater compared to a nitro engine in a Fuel Altered or a World of Outlaw car. Sometimes a Fuel Altered will carry the front tires the entire length of the track reaching 200 plus mph. A World of Outlaw car weighs 1400 pounds and has almost twice the horsepower of a group B car, and they also race against other cars sometimes 4 wide in the turns. Isle of Man, well those guys are crazy for even showing up, 5 deaths this year alone.

1656826926582.jpeg

Philo-Wheelie-Fremont.jpg

014-fuel-altereds-guasco-emery-pure-hell.jpg

I agree, that Peugeot 205 was awesome and the Lancia wins the sexy beast award outright, but that fucking Audi just reminds me of a near-uncontrollable fire-breathing dragon. It's all wrong and so right.

In this one, you can see just how batshit crazy driving these things were. Walter Röhrl driving. Spectators lining (and on!) the course, co-driver speaking directions in your ear, battling turbo lag, launching the car over hills, teetering next to cliffs, all while dancing around the pedals.

A story:

No doubt, and not many things sound as good as a straight 5 making a ton of boost. I always liked the story about Rohrl refusing to race in Finland, "if I wanted to fly I would become a pilot!"
I've probably watched the video you posted a dozen times, and I'm not even mad you forced me to watch it again.
Oh yeah pic thread, ugly but fast car:
art-mg-lanciadeltas4a.jpg

Have you ever watched Isle of Man, or World of Outlaws, or real Fuel Altered racing in person. A rally car sounds like a weed eater compared to a nitro engine in a Fuel Altered or a World of Outlaw car. Sometimes a Fuel Altered will carry the front tires the entire length of the track reaching 200 plus mph. A World of Outlaw car weighs 1400 pounds and has almost twice the horsepower of a group B car, and they also race against other cars sometimes 4 wide in the turns. Isle of Man, well those guys are crazy for even showing up, 5 deaths this year alone.
Meh. Isle of Man is wild for sure, but WoO can't ever be as exciting as being full lock sideways at high speeds with spectators barely dodging your car on one side and and a cliff on the other side.
BettegaPortugal1984.jpg
8nkzky8zprj51.jpg

Meh. Isle of Man is wild for sure, but WoO can't ever be as exciting as being full lock sideways at high speeds with spectators barely dodging your car on one side and and a cliff on the other side.
View attachment 7904021View attachment 7904022
That's not exciting it's stupid. If I want to watch cars go down the track one at a time next to a cliff I will watch Pike's Peak. And, just because you are behind a fence at an Outlaw race or drag race doesn't mean you are safe.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

5554631_orig.jpg

11398675_122821-kabc-6am-australia-race-crash-vid.jpg

View attachment 7904019
Philo-Wheelie-Fremont.jpg

014-fuel-altereds-guasco-emery-pure-hell.jpg
WIth group b, I'm talking about mainly the driver's perspective, gleaned from things I've read and seen. I think overall, watching a group b rally might be a bit boring (except if you're stupid…then you'd have 10 sec total of sheer terror and hours of boredom), and it would come to life only via TV. Kind of like the Baja 1000.

I have watched World of Outlaws in person. Loud and dangerous for sure. But they go around in a 1/4 to 5/8 mile circle for roughly 50-60 laps total. This includes the qualifying heats and final race. Going with a 5/8 mile track, in total, that's only about 38 miles of racing. The crashes are neat though, and they are LOUD. I'd probably choose this type of race to be a spectator at…lots of action.

Any top fuel drag racing is obviously in a straight line and is over in less than 4 sec and 1000ft. Some people here shoot that far. They are LOUDER. I don't know how many heats there are, but if there's six, that ~24 sec and 6000 ft of racing upon a nitromethane bomb.

The Isle of Man comes close, but the longest races are on a six-lap tarmac-only course (total ~227mi) and for the Senior TT, the record is roughly 1 hr 44 min. I've watched it a fair amount and I believe more people have died in that race than any group b rally, so hats off to them for keeping the race pure, regardless of the danger. Very crazy.

But what I am talking about is the sheer driver overstimulation of a group b rally that is comprised of a combination of 600+hp in a very low-geared small car, acceleration/deceleration, a million turns (counter steering! wheeee!), noise, crowds right next your tires, directions being piped into your ear from the co-driver, jumps, sometimes driving at night, sometimes ice/snow driving, sometimes tarmac driving, often flying around upon gravel, all over a multi-day multi-stage race. Here's the 1985 group b schedule, distances, and times. Note the mileage…300 to 3,211 miles! And I think a big key thing to remember is the sheer unpredictability of group b racing compared to even modern rallying. The tech and rules were operating on the bleeding edge and no one knew what was going to happen out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyTheTiger