• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

So, I tried my first 50 mile Ultra marathon today. Made 26.6 miles in about 6 hours. Temps never got above 35 degrees and had 3-4 inches of snow when we stepped off. My feet at my age just didn't have it. Was probably hypothermic when I stopped.

Damn it...

Far more than 99.9 percent will ever do. I never did a full marathon. A few half triathlons here and there. Can't imagine 50 miles.

So, I tried my first 50 mile Ultra marathon today. Made 26.6 miles in about 6 hours. Temps never got above 35 degrees and had 3-4 inches of snow when we stepped off. My feet at my age just didn't have it. Was probably hypothermic when I stopped.

Damn it...

Dude! What the HELL chases you 50 miles?!! Or even 26.6? At that point, just turn around and fight, man.

Much respect..at this point, every time I think that my fat ass should take up running to become less fat, my back and knees just laugh and say " try it, asshole" . I believe them.

At one month shy of my 51 birthday, It was motivation to get a little more active. My mildly flat feet did me in today.

I paced a buddy last month when he did his 10th one hundred miler. I did 20 miles over night with him without any training. (I had 2 weeks warning, literally).

Thanks for the support because I feel like I failed for not making it. I put it in perspective with age Temps and feet.

1668306793915.png

Damn it...
you stepped off. More'n most would do.

Onya!

What did you learn and what's up next?

M

More $$$ for Ukraine, anyone?

View attachment 7997705
It's good to be reminded of this periodically, so we really understand how much of our money the US government pisses away with every new scatter-brained bill. And keep in mind that a Trillion seconds, as in the increasingly-common Trillion-dollar spending bills, is 31,500 YEARS!

Damn it...
Well done. That 26.6 miles more than 99% of the people on here do in a day 😀. Zwift is my thing, stuff snow, cold, and destroyed feet after running that far.

Reactions: Steve_In_29

Damn it...
how old are you?
ive run a few spartan beasts but never a maraton no mater an ultra marahon
sounds like you did great
i bet less than 1% of the country has ever run a marathon

Reactions: Slash0311
how old are you?
ive run a few spartan beasts but never a maraton no mater an ultra marahon
sounds like you did great
i bet less than 1% of the country has ever run a marathon
100%

I used to run a little, never even though about a marathon. Lol

My uncle who ran the NYC and Boston a few times each used to say if he didn’t have the time to run at least 8-10 miles it wasn’t worth training that day.

I’m 45 now, so thinking I could train up my skeleton, tendons and ligaments to run serious distance with out getting injured along the way is not possible.

It takes about 11-12 years for your skeleton to totally “replace itself”. During that time it’s adding bone mass when stress is created.

Bone growth slowing down with old age and guys thinking they can just start running is just a bad idea. That’s why you see guys who have been running forever not get injured yet a middle age guy who just started has tons of issues pop up.

You marathon guys are nuts !!!!!!

Reactions: TACC and Slash0311
At one month shy of my 51 birthday, It was motivation to get a little more active. My mildly flat feet did me in today.

I paced a buddy last month when he did his 10th one hundred miler. I did 20 miles over night with him without any training. (I had 2 weeks warning, literally).

Thanks for the support because I feel like I failed for not making it. I put it in perspective with age Temps and feet.
I'm a week and a half from my 51st. My feet hurt walking from the living room to the kitchen and I get winded lifting the remote to change the channel.

Seriously, back when I was regularly exercising, I'd bike 20-40 miles after work, three times a week. I can't imagine running that distance. Or make it further than the end of the block if I just tried to do it today.