• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1673146579884.png

Probably because that’s all you would be able to afford… As opposed to a nice electric vehicle…

because we all know Porsche makes shitty vehicles….

View attachment 8041023
After a few repair bills for oil leaks, Ill never own another after it's out of warranty. EV should not leak but as a Porsche, it will within going out of warranty

I doubt its pink for these Phillies.....probably a shade of brown or gray at this point.
Years ago my buddies wife brings her friend home from the bar to sleep it off on the couch. He drives log truck so he's out the door at 0300ish. Walks past said middle aged bar hag passed put on his couch with her skirt up and gash hanging out.....his description is comic gold!! "It literally looked like a stack of bologna left to dry in the sun"

No need to be a hater.
I don't need to lie about range, I understand it very well, even gasoline cars will have different range on a tank of fuel depending on how you drive them and traffic and such.

It's a common misconception that running the AC makes a big difference in your range, it barely makes any difference at all, we are talking maybe 2% or 3% difference at most. The drag caused by running with the windows open would be way more. (this also applies to gasoline powered vehicles)

Freezing weather does however make a noticeable difference for EVs depending on how cold it is and how your vehicle was designed, some are affected more much than others.

Last year in Texas I got to test out the EV range in my vehicle both in 113F weather as well as 14f weather, so I know what I'm talking about quite well.
Now yes Texas is very flat with some ups and downs so not much of an of elevation changes other than going up pretty high overpasses and coming back down them.
If I lived in the mountains, then the range going uphill would be a lot less, but going back down if on the same charge would recover a lot of that.

The EV portion of my current vehicle has a stated range of 36 miles, during warm weather I'll get 40+ miles easy on a mix of leisurely highway and a bit of suburban driving. If I drive aggressively and fast, I'll drop back down to 36 to 30 miles.

When it's freezing outside like 20 degrees and such and I'm running the heater, I'll lose about 25% of the range and have right at about 30 miles of range, assuming driving the same mix of highway and suburban driving at my normal somewhat leisurely pace, same route same speeds.
My vehicle is not all that efficient in that it uses an electric coolant heater instead of the heat pump and heat scavenging that the high end pure EVs use.
But 25% range loss from optimum to very cold driving temperatures is not bad.
Now I haven't tested it in negative f ranges and don't intend to be there anytime soon, but yes around the -20f to -30f range you could be losing up to 50% of your range and around that range also your vehicle won't charge without getting warmed up first. So if that is weather you live in, then again that's something to take into account. A large part of the country doesn't see temperatures go that low.
Now you get to places that are -40 to -60f and sure EVs probably are out, but then you also need special mods to your gasoline vehicles and plug in heaters if you want to have any hope of actually turning the key and going vroom after they have been sitting out in the wind chill all night.

So with a Tesla that is advertised as 400 mile range, you've got plenty of buffer to expect to go 300 miles for all but the worst conditions.

I watch a lot of tests from folks who accurately do range tests in all different weather conditions and time trial tests.
If you are going beyond the range of your EVs battery, you do have to plot how you want to charge for the best time.
Charge when your battery is around 20% or so and stop charging around 70% to 80% for maximum speed. (Sub 1 hour with a high end supercharger).

So yes, you can always come up with a scenario where you can lay out conditions that a gasoline powered car will do better at.
But just so you know, the folks that test the 600 mile trips have to do the speed limits and such, so their gasoline powered benchmark is 9 hours, so 10 to 11 for an EV isn't that huge if you are the kind that actually likes to get out, stretch your legs, eat a bit, use the bathroom etc.

Yes if you take any long trips and you are a single vehicle household, then an EV is probably not right for you.
But if you are like a large part of the middle class and are a 2 vehicle household, and most of your driving is commuting to work and back it works very well. If you are a single vehicle household and mostly commute to work and back and occasionally take long trips, a plug in hybrid like I have gives you the best of everything. If you have to drive a lot in heavy city traffic, EVs absolutely rule.

I'm well aware of how electricity gets places and how it's made and the distribution challenges, at this point, in the USA, EV charging at home is cheap, reliable and convenient for daily operation. Yes there could be grid power problems for a few days as has happened, but there were also runs on gasoline here where for 50 miles most of the gas stations were out of gas for 3 days.

Now you gotta stop before you cause fatties.

100% for sure…

In my case I was merging onto the highway. I had my blinker on and I was getting over so that I can get on route 95 - all of a sudden out of nowhere I see a vehicle in the rearview mirror that is going to hit me and I can tell he’s moving around 100 miles an hour.

In the interest of not getting smooshed, I simply step on the gas… And I go from the 75 miles an hour to a 120 in about two seconds (tops / not even possibly).

I’m thinking to myself “ it can’t be a police officer… They would have their lights on, and a siren if they were going that fast.”

Friggin sheriff from Prince Georges county, Maryland… Pulling 100 miles an hour in a police cruiser not chasing anyone and probably not going anywhere important. In clear violation of the law which requires him to have his lights on and the siren going.

Very quickly I decide to pull over to the right because this person seems to really want to go around me, dumb ass, though he appears to be…

Guy pulls right next to me, and smiles, shakes his finger at me and takes off.

Saved the gun camera footage to the thumb drive and locked that in the safe in case I ever have to deal with that in court. (think, mutually assured destruction)
-2272x1704-009113.jpg