• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Loved this plane. One of the two projects my dad worked on at Edwards. If we knew it was goi ng to take off that day, my brother and I would bike from the housing area and stand by the fence at the flight line to watch it leave. Full AB !
I wonder how loud that fucker was... the Damn F111 was a nightmare... and it only had two engines.

Reactions: Barneybdb
B68835C3-5625-4EFE-A77C-D5405952E3F6.jpeg

I was a SNCO also. Ran the cable/antenna shop for about year and a half. Our Squadron Chief decided to show up at one of the antenna sites and was not happy that I was on top of a 110' tower repairing an antenna, while I had Senior Airmen, SSgts and TSgts on the ground...I thought it was a "teachable moment", that I wouldn't ask them to do anything I wouldn't do...I was apparently wrong, as soon as both of my TSgt got line numbers for MSgt, they pulled me out of the shop. Spent 6 months in QA getting the Squadron ready for PACAF inspection, when we passed that with flying colors, they put me in charge of the Project Management shop, stayed there for a little over a year, and moved to Wing HQ IG shop, to run the exercises and inspections...that was actually a cool job. Long hours, my bosses were all fighter pilots. I got to do the A-10 simulator for a going away gift from my A-10 driver boss, that was very cool.
When I left the hi-line crew and transferred to the distribution crew the forman would come get me everytime they needed an antenna worked on. The larger service centers had their antennas on towers, usually 230ft. The smaller rural offices had theirs on 100ft wooden poles. It seem like the distribution guys were not comfortable with that!

Way back when... My buddy and I would go through that drive through and order a cup of water no ice. When we got to the window we got the cup of water and good size bag of food by my then HS girlfriend, sans a bill.

FYI They tore this one down and built a new one in the old parking lot next to it in the late 90's or so.