• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1675852558835.png

Two days? Seriously, you can tell a squad of Marines that they get the rest of the day off when they are done and it'll be done in an hour. Without tow tractors.

There was actually two of us doing the work, and a photographer directing us from the top of the building, the same photog that spent 3 hours getting the whole unit lined up exactly in front of the display who then said "OK, looks good, now everyone take 2 steps back". I left and went to the bar...

Someone should have put him in his place. A simple.... Shut the fuck up and take the fucking photo before you get fucked up.
There was actually two of us doing the work, and a photographer directing us from the top of the building, the same photog that spent 3 hours getting the whole unit lined up exactly in front of the display who then said "OK, looks good, now everyone take 2 steps back". I left and went to the bar...

Someone should have put him in his place. A simple.... Shut the fuck up and take the fucking photo before you get fucked up.

Years ago I stopped at Kirtland AFB for a gas and go. One of the transient alert crew said he wanted to show me something on this 2 year old Marine F-18 parked next to us. Apparently the starter wasn’t engaging properly. He lifted the engine access panel and showed me were the starter had been beat to shit with a hammer or something similar to get it to work.

I don’t think asking a squad of well intentioned marines to move my vintage irreplaceable aircraft as quickly as they could would be my first choice.

The officers followed the instruction, and trampled the rest of us....
Go figure, officers!
They should have stepped up and told him that he's not going to win some artsy fucking award for a static display. Now let's get it done.
Meanwhile, he's telling all of his friends about fucking with a whole squadron." No shit. I made them move it around for two days. What a bunch of idiots "

Years ago I stopped at Kirtland AFB for a gas and go. One of the transient alert crew said he wanted to show me something on this 2 year old Marine F-18 parked next to us. Apparently the starter wasn’t engaging properly. He lifted the engine access panel and showed me were the starter had been beat to shit with a hammer or something similar to get it to work.
But did it work?
I don’t think asking a squad of well intentioned marines to move my vintage irreplaceable aircraft as quickly as they could would be my first choice.
That's exactly why they used the chair force. We wouldn't suffer the Stoopid Fool.

See that's where you are wrong. It started and got to where it was going.

Just because it didn't work after that is another story.

Nobody goes to Kirtland, they just stop there for gas. So it didn’t get to where it was going.

I understand you all are proud of being Marines, and you should be. But brute unfocused force isn’t always the answer. Do you clean your rifles by beating them with rocks?

Two days? Seriously, you can tell a squad of Marines that they get the rest of the day off when they are done and it'll be done in an hour. Without tow tractors.

A fire station is similar. Two Captains that work different shifts have a side business of jobsite clean up. A tornado came through and broke a whole lot of big trees in a local (very large) cemetery. These guys got the contract to clean it up. Not wanting to waste the wood, they called the fire station and said they are coming in with two 30 foot containers of wood. The guys on duty said "we will be ready". 4 chain saws, 6 axes, 2 cords of wood bucked, split, stacked, 1 hour.

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
Nobody goes to Kirtland, they just stop there for gas. So it didn’t get to where it was going.
Two answers to this ^^^
1. Captain.. That plane has got to get out of here, what's the problem?
LT.... They said something about the starter.
Captain.. Deal with it and get it in the air!!
LT... Hey SGT. What is the hold up on that plane?
SGT... It needs a starter and it's going to be three weeks.
LT.. Captain says that POS gotta get out of here.
SGT... Hey CPL. Can we get that POS started? Cap is giving LT shit and says it needs to fly.
CPL... No prob Sarge !!

It started and left. Mission accomplished. It doesn't need a starter to fly. It flew.
Number one in the USMC is to accomplish the mission!!

2. People at Kirkland don't know what it's like to do so much with so little for so long. Obviously there were several marks so that method worked several times. Chicken shits should have done it again.
I understand you all are proud of being Marines, and you should be. But brute unfocused force isn’t always the answer.

I must have missed where anything but the starter had marks on it. Sounds like they focused on the offending part pretty well.

Do you clean your rifles by beating them with rocks?
Silly man. There's a reason why there's multiple colors of crayons in the box.
The second rule after mission accomplishment. This rifle is your life and that of your fellow Marines. A rock?? Bwaaaahahaha. I may need that rock if I run out of ammo

BTW. Many years ago I didn't have the money to replace a starter. I had a hammer on the floorboard for coaxing it to work until I could afford one.

He was detained, fined, and released. He has not yet been convicted. But the penalty of 3.5 years is correct.

Mexico gun laws are no joke. My friends, whom I overland with, won't go to Mexico for fear of the authorities finding an errant live cartridge somewhere in their truck. They got that Marine for bringing in his 12 gauge on a guided duck hunting trip.

Last edited:
That's right people. Their types are not only walking among us in droves, they are out there participating in the voting process in this country. They are making us the laughing stock of the globe.....and don't even know it.

Voting??? How about serving in Congress or other high level positions of authority.

I had to live with the army for 2 1/2 years…. It was a very unique experience for an Air Force guy in the 1980s.

I’d get yelled at for being out of uniform… more than once I had to say something like “With respect Command Seargent Major, Air Force regulation 35–10 clearly stipulates the use of a conservative black or blue umbrella with all duty uniforms.” (at that time it was true)

(Literally, the guy starts yelling his ass off at me, and then I say “Air Force,” and the sergeant major immediately change is demeanor like a college professor from Harvard “Oh, I’m terribly sorry, I thought you were an army, numb, nuts. Carry on airman.” Totally surreal….

One time a MP came and harassed me because I wasn’t wearing a hat in the parking lot. Literally walking from my car to the barracks and I had lost my hat in the field. Then the guy in question can’t tell my rank because it’s on my sleeves and he’s totally confused, and attempts to garb my badges out of the pocket on the front of my BDUs. “You don’t have a need to know what’s on those badges. Let me get this straight, you came over here to give me a hard time at 1 o’clock in the morning for not wearing a hat, while walking from my car to the barracks less than 25 yards away? … and it never occurred to you that I might’ve lost my hat? Do you seriously not have anything better to do private?”

Another time… Some pyromaniac army guy lights the fucking barracks on fire, intentionally. … And because I was the one who saw the flames outside the main door, pulled the fire alarm, and ran down the hallway screaming ”fire” to get everybody out of the building, somehow I was the person who started the fire. So then I had to deal with the MPs, asking me ludicrous questions trying to pin the arson on me for some reason… Now, it might’ve been they were unhappy with me because there were a bunch of hot [surprisingly, army] chicks outside in the cold with the rest of us waiting for the building to be cleared before we could go back inside. …and I might’ve had a Fosters Oil Can in my hand that ladies gave me while walking back up to the upper floor, but still.

Now the Marines, I had a lot more fun with Marines. Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy some aspects of being with the Army, but the Marines were hard-core and a lot of fun. It sucked for everybody equally….

Preaching to the choir. I spent so much ti
me at Bragg and Campbell in the 80s, early 90s, I thought I had been abducted by the army