• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1696397680253.png

You'd be surprised at what you can get for a few hundred bucks a month down there.
Cook, clean the house, clean your pipes, etc.
If you haven't seen it, you wouldn't believe it.

Deployed there from Okinawa in 83 or 84. Ninety days later, we packed up to leave, but one particular ladies man had to stay until he was cured.

Just some more of that white privlege.

View attachment 8241377
Just some more of that white privlege.

View attachment 8241377
These people and the others of the “depression “ era, lived like this BEFORE the depression. They fit the image so that’s what is shown all the time, but frankly, nothing really changed for them before or after the era. My father in law was a small kid during the depression. They had a farm in Oklahoma during that era. Their fields didn’t blow away, they raised their own chickens hogs and beef cattle and milk cows and goats. As he said several times “I had no idea we were poor”.
They didn’t lose their farm, they sold it. At a profit.

These people and the others of the “depression “ era, lived like this BEFORE the depression. They fit the image so that’s what is shown all the time, but frankly, nothing really changed for them before or after the era. My father in law was a small kid during the depression. They had a farm in Oklahoma during that era. Their fields didn’t blow away, they raised their own chickens hogs and beef cattle and milk cows and goats. As he said several times “I had no idea we were poor”.
They didn’t lose their farm, they sold it. At a profit.
The plains of SE Colorado are dotted with homesteads abandon in 1930s. Most people who managed to sell their farms sold them at a "profit"
because most of these farms were claimed in the homestead act. Most of them did not sell, just packed up and headed west. I will grant you my grandma's homestead looked about like that before and after 1930, but the dirty 1930s are certainly remembered by her as time of strife and having very little. She was born in 1921, so she remembered it well. Their fields did blow away and their animals did starve. They did not loose it all because they had some irrigated land.

1696422500282.png

The plains of SE Colorado are dotted with homesteads abandon in 1930s. Most people who managed to sell their farms sold them at a "profit"
because most of these farms were claimed in the homestead act. Most of them did not sell, just packed up and headed west. I will grant you my grandma's homestead looked about like that before and after 1930, but the dirty 1930s are certainly remembered by her as time of strife and having very little. She was born in 1921, so she remembered it well. Their fields did blow away and their animals did starve. They did not loose it all because they had some irrigated land.

View attachment 8241448
Guy I know who’s family went west and finally homestead in Kansas pre 1900

Said nails and blacksmiths were so limited that people would burn their house down and collect the nails and move on

I'm drunk, have Rattle Can, and you have to deal with it. Tikka T3x Tac A1 an Leupold Mk4 6.5-20 (already cerakote tan, hence tape).
View attachment 8240755
I like how you have the cement protected from overspray! Genius! Eventually you will be able to go prone out there in your multicam nearly invisible to the neighbors.

Guy I know who’s family went west and finally homestead in Kansas pre 1900

Said nails and blacksmiths were so limited that people would burn their house down and collect the nails and move on
Not much stuff built out of wood in SE Colorado because there are not many trees. Most homesteads around here were rock, sod, or Adobe. Grandapa used to out us to work pulling nails, straightening them, and filling coffee cans.

Grandma was part of a group known as the Christy Bastards because there was no preacher in the area to marry her parents before they started having kids. It's funny going to historic places around here like Boggsville and knowing she played in that house with those kids.

Those are nothing compared to some of the newer cage pedals. I remember when I got me new bike I accidently shifted the wrong way, foot slipped and planted in the ground. The pedal raked the back of my leg and stopped the bike. The skin hanging off the pedal looked like cheese hanging from a cheese grater.

I had some diamondback triple traps back when first statred riding freestyle and did dirt jumping. They destroyed my legs. I got Primo meat tenderize pedals. First set I didn't break in few months. The set I have now is 22 years old and been through 3 bikes. I wish I had swapped them on before my other pedals cheese grated the back of my leg.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Those are nothing compared to some of the newer cage pedals. I remember when I got me new bike I accidently shifted the wrong way, foot slipped and planted in the ground. The pedal raked the back of my leg and stopped the bike. The skin hanging off the pedal looked like cheese hanging from a cheese grater.

I had some diamondback triple traps back when first statred riding freestyle and did dirt jumping. They destroyed my legs. I got Primo meat tenderize pedals. First set I didn't break in few months. The set I have now is 22 years old and been through 3 bikes. I wish I had swapped them on before my other pedals cheese grated the back of my leg.
I ran the primo meat tenderizer pedals for years myself, I also invested in a pair of lizard skin shin protectors, they were so worth it back in the mid 90’s