• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Here’s one for @clcustom1911 :
Not hot enough.

She has to look something like this with pure DNA, no mudshark tendency, and a heart ❤️ shaped ass.

20230816_161944.jpg

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
It’s when you get into complications that you really need that hospital. Nuchal cord, preeclampsia, etc. sounds like you were on top of it though so good on you.

I live next to one of the original forts in Texas. Along with a fort comes several graveyards. It is shocking in todays terms how many children died. In one case there is a husband and wife, along with multiple sons who were either stillborn or died shortly thereafter. I cannot imagine the grief of the couple, the shame of the wife and the spiritual questioning that occurred by them. I look at those graves with very simple headstones from WAY back in the day and can’t help but think of the sadness and fear of each new pregnancy. My county is full of graves with stories like this. Or children mutilated by Indians.
When my son was born, his head got stuck in the birth canal...the labor didn't progress, and when they started to see signs of natal distress, they called for a c-section. They turned to me and said "youll need to put on a surgical gown and mask". I was like...what??? They said, yeah, youre coming with. It was a pretty wild experience, seeing my wife's abdomen cut open. And as God is my witness, the head doctor actually put his knee up on the table to get a better grip on my son. Thank God everything turned out well, he's now 36 years old and very succesful in life. My wife...is now my ex-, buts thats a different story.

When my son was born, his head got stuck in the birth canal...the labor didn't progress, and when they started to see signs of natal distress, they called for a c-section. They turned to me and said "youll need to put on a surgical gown and mask". I was like...what??? They said, yeah, youre coming with. It was a pretty wild experience, seeing my wife's abdomen cut open. And as God is my witness, the head doctor actually put his knee up on the table to get a better grip on my son. Thank God everything turned out well, he's now 36 years old and very succesful in life. My wife...is now my ex-, buts thats a different story.
The methods I have seen in the labor room make be believe this 100%. Sometimes it just has to happen that way, otherwise mom and child don’t make it. It can go from simple to “oh shit, here we go” real quick.

The methods I have seen in the labor room make be believe this 100%. Sometimes it just has to happen that way, otherwise mom and child don’t make it. It can go from simple to “oh shit, here we go” real quick.
I hope that I do not offend with my post 🤔……… but as a nurse with over 35 years experience …… lariat is correct ……… I have been in situations where the family should have been in the waiting room the whole time, because their panicked a$$ made the situation worse when $hit started to go bad for momma and baby. I have been blessed enough that the outcomes were ultimately always good 🙏🏻😊…… but 90% of the time it was the mother Of the mom whose mouth/attitude the made the situation even more dangerous ☹️🤯😢……… I will never work OB/GYN again 😲😡

My daughter was the same way, don't remember a knee on the table. 18 years old now and happy and successful. Her mother is still my wife of 32 years.

All joking aside I never understand the midwife at home idea

It’s not 1880 anymore

There are hospitals with technology and staff that can do amazing things with a problematic birth or unhealthy baby.

Yet people chose to not use what’s available.

I actually think it’s negligence on part of the parents.

Because not everybody is able to afford the $30,000 hospital bill +

Also those hospitals you so admire sometimes literally kidnap the babies to do things to them against the parents wishes.

A lot of folks these days skip hospitals all together and go to a specialized birthing center where they are treated right and the parents are in charge and none of this doctors with a god complex and men with guns to back them up B.S.

Your statement of it being negligence is just pure ignorance and wrong (I'll stop there so as not to get worse).

Most humans in the world are born outside of hospital and most are just fine.

In my family, recent childbirths ranged everywhere from in a back room of the house with a midwife to a government clinic with a couple nurses, to hospitals, to clinics in Africa.

I'd avoid a hospital for childbirths unless it was high risk. A birthing center or midwife is usually just fine when you are close to a major hospital for any complications.

I hope that I do not offend with my post 🤔……… but as a nurse with over 35 years experience …… lariat is correct ……… I have been in situations where the family should have been in the waiting room the whole time, because their panicked a$$ made the situation worse when $hit started to go bad for momma and baby. I have been blessed enough that the outcomes were ultimately always good 🙏🏻😊…… but 90% of the time it was the mother Of the mom whose mouth/attitude the made the situation even more dangerous ☹️🤯😢……… I will never work OB/GYN again 😲😡
I have an aunt that works in the medical field. In conversation after my daughter was born she told me she was surprised none of us panicked. Panic never entered my mind. Wasn't time for that and it wouldn't have done anybody any good. Honestly, it was over before it started. Or so it seemed.

That was probably in the top five for the most stressful (yet exciting) moments in my life category, but for some reason, I function best in those situations. I can't explain it.

What would that consist of?
Any number of things.

I've always found this story funny.

When I was born, rather than immediately pass me off to my mom they took me, I guess to clean me up, weigh me, check me over or whatever. I ended up getting too cold. Rather than give me back to my mother they elected to put me under a heat lamp. My dad says it looked like something you'd buy food out of at a gas station.

So they stuck me in there and I got too hot. Pull me out and I'd get cold. Back and forth back and forth. Never not once was I given back to my mother. Finally, they convince them to let my mom have me and let body heat do its thing.

Short time later a nurse comes in pushing a little cart with some kind of machine on it, it's got a suction cup looking thing on it with this cork screw in the middle of it. According to my dad.

Dad asks, "what's that for?" Nurse says it's tempature probe they are going to screw into my head to monitor my temp. Says the baby won't feel it at all.

Dad tells the nurse, "how about I screw it into your head and you tell me if it hurts?" Nurse turns around and wheels her little cart right out of there.

As a retired EMT, we were always conscious of "scene control." Be it in the field or in the OR suite. We used to have monthly "drills" where we'd have to respond to a "contrived" scenario and resolve it... usually a "disaster drill" sort of scenario. There would always be one person who just went absolutely "cray-cray" in an attempt to disrupt the scene and what the working EMTs were doing. The most senior ranking member (crew chief or Capt), would be in charge of "scene control" and would attempt to deal with this person. It's where EMTs coined the acronym, "HPFS." I won't say what it stands for as it's "politically incorrect," but if you know... you know.

The importance of good "scene control" can't be emphasized enough. One early evening, we arrived on scene to a "code" (Cardiac Arrest). It was about 7:25pm, ET. Things were getting a bit cray-cray but not as bad as the above scenario. Off to work the EMTs went, administering CPR ("1 and 2 and 3 and 4, ").etc. etc Well. in all the confusion, no one had remembered to turn off the TV. And what is it that plays on the TV at 7:25p ET? What else? "Final Jeopardy."

All of a sudden, the "compressor" looks up and sees everyone else (including the "demand valve person" looking at him. And then it dawns on him (and the other EMTs) that he's doing his compressions to the tune of "Final Jeopardy!" So now, we are all in "deep schiznit," because the family members don't realize what's going on and we can't laugh about it.... not one snicker! We had to stay professional! And since one of the family members had to ride with us to the hospital, we still couldn't laugh about it. We had to wait until we had cleared the ER, get back into the rig and drive over to a remote section of the hospital parking lot and then just lost it for a half hour. It was like Beavis and Butthead's "Sex Education" episode.

Moral of the story: Turn the $*@*$@#(*$ TV off when you enter a scene!!! :mad: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
These sold for $125k on Hammacher Schlemmer. One sold on Bring-A-Trailer earlier this year for $205K

Over priced but is ultra nice. You would have to be into HO slot car to appreciate the detail, but Christ only a 2-lane that is really piss pore.
In a much younger life I hand built/had a ( 4-Lane ) HO track fully landscaped with cork berms, with a chicane going onto a 12" straight and multi curve track, and wired for motor breaking when letting off the controller power . In the tiny world of HO slot car Geekery it was very respectable BadAss.

Reactions: johnnyvw and lash
Because not everybody is able to afford the $30,000 hospital bill +

Also those hospitals you so admire sometimes literally kidnap the babies to do things to them against the parents wishes.

A lot of folks these days skip hospitals all together and go to a specialized birthing center where they are treated right and the parents are in charge and none of this doctors with a god complex and men with guns to back them up B.S.

Your statement of it being negligence is just pure ignorance and wrong (I'll stop there so as not to get worse).

Most humans in the world are born outside of hospital and most are just fine.

In my family, recent childbirths ranged everywhere from in a back room of the house with a midwife to a government clinic with a couple nurses, to hospitals, to clinics in Africa.

I'd avoid a hospital for childbirths unless it was high risk. A birthing center or midwife is usually just fine when you are close to a major hospital for any complications.
I understand the cost factor if you don’t have good insurance but not using an available hospital with a NICU unit, I cannot agree with.

Birthing centered are a step in the right direction compared to a bathtub full of water and a midwife but when there are serious complications a nicu is needed.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
I understand the cost factor if you don’t have good insurance but not using an available hospital with a NICU unit, I cannot agree with.

Birthing centered are a step in the right direction compared to a bathtub full of water and a midwife but when there are serious complications a nicu is needed.
You are working on the premise that the midwives of today are the same as those in the old west or in medieval times. Do a little bit of research into the subject and maybe you’ll learn enough to view things differently.

As already mentioned, modern midwives are trained and certified and all regular checkups and tests are still done. They are not going in blind and they make sure that any complication possibilities are taken into account.

I realize that you are in the Pharma industry and thus completely beholden and supportive of the medical industry, but don’t be confused. Open your mind to learning.

Last edited:
No need to turn into a argument but there is no place on earth that has this equipment other that nicu unit.

Not because I’m pharma, but because this equipment saves lives, mother and child, there is no possible disagreement with that statement.

100% of the rest of the world would give everything they have when a birth goes wrong to have this available.

There is no highly trained midwife or local ”surgi” center, emt, even regular hospitals that have this equipment immediately available and earmarked during a birth.

IMG_6862.jpeg

No need to turn into a argument but there is no place on earth that has this equipment other that nicu unit.

Not because I’m pharma, but because this equipment saves lives, mother and child, there is no possible disagreement with that statement.

100% of the rest of the world would give everything they have when a birth goes wrong to have this available.

There is no highly trained midwife or local ”surgi” center, emt, even regular hospitals that have this equipment immediately available and earmarked during a birth.

View attachment 8249701

is that the Machine that goes 'ping'?