• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1539578240909.png

That is Vince Speranza. He is a living legend. He attends the 101st Airborne Division Reunion every year, faithfully. Incredible man. He just posted a video of him going out of the 34 ft tower, LAST WEEK! 89 years old. Hell of a man.
He is the gentleman for whom the a bar in Bastogne serves beer in a ceramic helmet.
During the Siege of Bastogne, in WW2, he visited the makeshift aid station in a bombed out church, to see a badly wounded buddy. The buddy asked for a beer. Vince determined he would get that man a beer come hell or high water.
He wandered about the town (remember it was being shelled almost constantly) and found a busted up place that had beer. But no glasses.
He filled the steel pot from his head gear, and walked back to the aid station carrying it like a bucket.
He gave his buddy a drink, then passed it around to some of the others, and the MOD. Everyone was grateful.
Fast forward to several years ago, and he was making his annual pilgrimage to Bastogne. He wandered into a bar, and asked for a beer. They served it in a ceramic steel pot. He asked, "What is this?"
They told him the story, from the perspective of the bar owner (who had since passed on), but who had memorialized the day during the heavily fought siege, that a short statured paratrooper walked in, asked for a beer, and left with a steel pot full.
Vinny said "That was me!"
So, his beer was on the house.
If you are a 101 Vet, please attend the reunions. This guy isn't going to be around forever.

Hi

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

There is a building right across the street from my office that we called the TIT building. For decades, it's rear windows spelled TIT. A few years ago, somebody finally got wise and added more windows. Here is a pic of the building from Google Earth. I photoshopped out the windows that they added to show you what the building used to look like.

TIT Building.png