• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

useful-idiots.jpg
Quote-of-the-day-Joseph-Stalin.jpg
0684ed630628f0d7fafbbebcc3809618.jpg
45F3802700000578-0-image-a-51_1509654785513.jpg

I believe you MtnCreek.

Its a space and money issue.

My single stage for precision and low volume pistol rounds and a progressive that even makes 3-400/hr would be very beneficial.
Seems the SDB could keep that pace?

I read a bunch of that when you were mapping and planning.
Lost it in my craziness and forgot.

How many rounds an hour are you getting in the SDB?

I've seen claims in forums of people getting 600 rounds per hour... and Dillon says 500 or so.

Realistically, I am getting about 350 - 400... if things are going really smoothly. Filling up primer tubes... not forgetting to refill powder... keeping things clean... finding that %$#$#ing Federal and Blazer .45's have small primers (which gums up the works) and in mixed brass finding that my primers won't fit.... and all the other minor hangups keeps it below optimum.

Today, I let powder run out, which was stupid... but I had to go through a bunch of rounds to see which ones I missed.... PITA. But happens until you really get into the swing of things..

Honestly, I think the people claiming 600 rounds per hour are on crack. Or they have an assistant loading primer tubes, etc. And have never a single hangup... not one crimp (unremoved) ... not one high primer... not one missed bullet/case/etc. error in feeding it (I have done all...). I'd like to see 600... but, hey, maybe?

2500 took me from 10 - 4:30. With a break to figure out which rounds had no %$#@ing powder in them. Realistically, I think about 375 an hour. Which is still not bad.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I've seen claims in forums of people getting 600 rounds per hour... and Dillon says 500 or so.

Realistically, I am getting about 350 - 400... if things are going really smoothly. Filling up primer tubes... not forgetting to refill powder... keeping things clean... finding that %$#$#ing Federal and Blazer .45's have small primers (which gums up the works) and in mixed brass finding that my primers won't fit.... and all the other minor hangups keeps it below optimum.

Today, I let powder run out, which was stupid... but I had to go through a bunch of rounds to see which ones I missed.... PITA. But happens until you really get into the swing of things..

Honestly, I think the people claiming 600 rounds per hour are on crack. Or they have an assistant loading primer tubes, etc. And have never a single hangup... not one crimp (unremoved) ... not one high primer... not one missed bullet/case/etc. error in feeding it (I have done all...). I'd like to see 600... but, hey, maybe?

2500 took me from 10 - 4:30. With a break to figure out which rounds had no %$#@ing powder in them. Realistically, I think about 375 an hour. Which is still not bad.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Not all Federal are small primer. I posted some crap on this a bit ago. My Federal .45 brass is mixed with small and large primers. Guess that I should sort it. Whata bitch!

Not all Federal are small primer. I posted some crap on this a bit ago. My Federal .45 brass is mixed with small and large primers. Guess that I should sort it. Whata bitch!

Whoever came up with that idea should be taken out behind the team room and beaten with a rubber hose.

Just 'sayin.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Cheers,

Sirhr

I suspect those claims are for cyclic rate. I can load 18-20 rounds per minute on my 650 (1,100 - 1,200 RPH). Add in all the necessary breaks you mentioned and it's about 700 - 800 RPH actual.

Reactions: sjstill
I suspect those claims are for cyclic rate. I can load 18-20 rounds per minute on my 650 (1,100 - 1,200 RPH). Add in all the necessary breaks you mentioned and it's about 700 - 800 RPH actual.
I can load about 1,000 rounds in an hour on my Dillon 1050. That is a little over 16 rounds per minute and taking my time.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I believe you MtnCreek.

Its a space and money issue.

My single stage for precision and low volume pistol rounds and a progressive that even makes 3-400/hr would be very beneficial.
Seems the SDB could keep that pace?

If I were going to get a sdb, I'd try to find one used with the dies I'd need. Your current dies won't work with a sdb.

Back to motivational:

bluepress_dec13.jpg

You clearly live in the city.
If you concider having to drive in to town to get your packages and occasionally bear in your front yard then yea I live in a city. I’m glad to see farmland is enough to satisfy your hunting needs. I personally prefer to be able to hunt were I won’t run into any one or any fence/road/structure

My time in the Fire Service spanned from long coat and boots to a Chief monitoring your air on a laptop outside. When I get together with the other retirees and someone talks about a fire we did together sometime I'll remember it. Mostly they are just vignettes to me they all run together. But I remember every medical call or wreck that I made a difference on like I'm watching a video.

Yessir, I know exactly what you mean. I can remember some details of many fires, but not to the level I can remember some serious medical calls.

Best story I have came in as a cardiac arrest. Upon our arrival the 57 year old man's wife (floor nurse) was doing compressions in the parking lot. I got the Lifepack on him and found V-tac, shock, sinus tac. Moved him to the cot, V-tac, shock, sinus tac. Into the ambulance V-tac again, shock, sinus tac. He held it that time. Airway good, non-rebreather, and I prepped a pressure bag, and got an I.O. ready to continue treatment. Put betadine on his tibia area, put the I.O. to it, and was about to squeeze the trigger. I heard my partner say "hey buddy!" and I saw the man's eyelashes blinking. The man said "what happened?" My partner said, "well, you died". The man said "that's not good". My partner said "but we got you back". I ended up starting an IV instead. :)
At the Emergency Department the docs and nurses were pretty much saying "what the hell?" I said "hey, we are badasses, yall want us to take him back home?" I was walking about 3 feet off the ground for days later.

8 months later than man came on stage at our annual FD banquet and shook our hands.

Love it! Thats a great story.

I have a few that will stick in my brain forever. Thousands that wont.
Wins and losses.

And a few patients who made lasting impressions. Almost all good. Except the chick on ecstasy who was pretty determined to bite my unit until we got 300 mg of ketamine in her.

Yes, do not pick a fight with us. Our first priory is our safety. 100% sure, you will lose the fight, and lose badly. 1200 pounds of weight, and we have drugs to take control. Don't start no trouble, wont be no trouble.

I read a bunch of that when you were mapping and planning.
Lost it in my craziness and forgot.

How many rounds an hour are you getting in the SDB?

When my wife would help me (she put in empty cases, I placed the bullets and ran the handle), I could get 400 .45's/hour on my SDB. That was having primer tubes filled, etc. Was a pretty leisurely pace, too.

Last edited:
A Luger 1914 pistol for sale in #Idlib, #Syria for only $300. This particular pistol was manufactured in 1918 by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken (DWM). Lugers are quite common there, but locals usually only see practical value in weapons.
my step dad has a 1917 bring back with both mags and the holster he had the paperwork from the war department and a bio of the guy that had it somehow he lost the war department paperwork but still has the bio from them[/QUOTE]

I have one of the Navy Arms LeMat revolver. It's a fantastic cap & ball revolver and fun to shoot.

When I first got it, the loading lever kept bending after loading two or three rounds. I sent it back to Navy Arms and they repaired it.

Keep in mind that I was not stranger to black powder shooting and cap & ball revolvers. The instructions and all the reviewers of the Navy Arms LeMat said to use the .451 round ball.

So after I got the revolver repaired for the 2nd time I decided to mic the chambers. Each one was a .444" chamber. That meant that the .451 round ball was not the usual .003" over sized projectile but .007".

It's no wonder the loading lever was bending. Keep in mind that the loading lever is just a steel sleeve which also holds the ramrod for the shotgun barrel. So it's not as strong as a solid lever like the Remington or Colt revolvers.

So I started shooting the .445" round balls and have not had a problem since then.

I say all this to let everyone know that if they get a LeMat revolver they should mic the chambers and get a round ball that is not too over sized. This also makes me wonder if those gun writers who reviewed the revolver ever shot the darn thing.

That's all good and fine. Just don't forget to grease your balls.