• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1549605147216.png

1549614267600.png

1549615565852.png

Chief Faces Possible Charges Of Excessive Force With Man Who Tried Drowning Baby

Greenwood Police Chief Greg Hallgrimson is the subject of an ongoing federal investigation.

Greenwood, MO – Federal investigators are working to determine whether or not the Greenwood police chief used excessive force against a man who told police he tried to drown his six-month-old daughter in a pond in December.

Investigators believe that 28-year-old Jonathon Stephen Zicarelli’s child had been in the water for approximately 10 minutes before he went to the Greenwood Police Department on Dec. 17, 2018, and flatly confessed to her murder, The Kansas City Star reported.

“There was no emotion whatsoever,” Greenwood Police Lieutenant Aaron Fordham recalled, adding that Zicarelli was positive that the little girl was dead.

Greenwood Police Chief Greg Hallgrimson and Corporal Tom Calhoun immediately rushed out to the icy pond, where they spotted the unconscious baby floating face-up in the water.

Still clad in his uniform, boots, and vest, Cpl. Calhoun waded into the thigh-deep water until he reached her lifeless body.

Her lungs were filled with water, and her wide-open eyes were black and muddy, he said.

Cpl. Calhoun rushed the little girl to the shore, where they cleared grass and water from her mouth.

They began administering CPR on the bank, and the baby miraculously began breathing again just moments later.

They took off her wet clothing and swaddled her in Chief Hallgrimson’s shirt until emergency medical personnel arrived to take her to the hospital.

“There was someone watching over that child today,” Lt. Fordham told The Kansas City Star at the time.

She was treated for severe hypothermia, but was in stable condition later that afternoon, he said.

Zicarelli later told investigators that in the 24 hours prior to the attack, he went down to the water three times to build up the nerve to drown his daughter, according to court documents.

He said he was stressed by the demands of the holiday season, and that he wanted to make life easier for his wife, all of which led to him having “bad thoughts.”

Zicarelli was arrested for first-degree assault, and remains in jail on $500,000 bond.

Federal investigators met with him there on Friday, his attorney, Tom Porto, told The Kansas City Star.

“I can confirm that the FBI was at the Jackson County jail on Friday investigating a possible criminal civil rights violation committed against Mr. Zicarelli by the Police Chief of Greenwood,” Porto said.

He did not provide details regarding how Chief Hallgrimson allegedly violated the attempted murderer’s civil rights.

Chief Hallgrimson was placed on administrative leave by the Greenwood Board of Aldermen on Dec. 26, 2018.

The city refused to disclose a reason for his suspension, and said it was a personnel matter, The Kansas City Star reported.

His attorney has told him not to discuss the case at this time, Chief Hallgrimson told the paper on Monday.

Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker requested the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) assistance per a 2015 memorandum of understanding (MOU) agreement, she said.

“The MOU that we have was triggered on this case,” Peters Baker confirmed. “The MOU is when we have use of force incidents in order to review that we all notify each and then figure out what is the right path and who has the better case, if there is a case and who should proceed. Everybody is doing a review.”

Last edited:
View attachment 7020380
View attachment 7020384

Chief Faces Possible Charges Of Excessive Force With Man Who Tried Drowning Baby

Greenwood Police Chief Greg Hallgrimson is the subject of an ongoing federal investigation.

Greenwood, MO – Federal investigators are working to determine whether or not the Greenwood police chief used excessive force against a man who told police he tried to drown his six-month-old daughter in a pond in December.

Investigators believe that 28-year-old Jonathon Stephen Zicarelli’s child had been in the water for approximately 10 minutes before he went to the Greenwood Police Department on Dec. 17, 2018, and flatly confessed to her murder, The Kansas City Star reported.

“There was no emotion whatsoever,” Greenwood Police Lieutenant Aaron Fordham recalled, adding that Zicarelli was positive that the little girl was dead.

Greenwood Police Chief Greg Hallgrimson and Corporal Tom Calhoun immediately rushed out to the icy pond, where they spotted the unconscious baby floating face-up in the water.

Still clad in his uniform, boots, and vest, Cpl. Calhoun waded into the thigh-deep water until he reached her lifeless body.

Her lungs were filled with water, and her wide-open eyes were black and muddy, he said.

Cpl. Calhoun rushed the little girl to the shore, where they cleared grass and water from her mouth.

They began administering CPR on the bank, and the baby miraculously began breathing again just moments later.

They took off her wet clothing and swaddled her in Chief Hallgrimson’s shirt until emergency medical personnel arrived to take her to the hospital.

“There was someone watching over that child today,” Lt. Fordham told The Kansas City Star at the time.

She was treated for severe hypothermia, but was in stable condition later that afternoon, he said.

Zicarelli later told investigators that in the 24 hours prior to the attack, he went down to the water three times to build up the nerve to drown his daughter, according to court documents.

He said he was stressed by the demands of the holiday season, and that he wanted to make life easier for his wife, all of which led to him having “bad thoughts.”

Zicarelli was arrested for first-degree assault, and remains in jail on $500,000 bond.

Federal investigators met with him there on Friday, his attorney, Tom Porto, told The Kansas City Star.

“I can confirm that the FBI was at the Jackson County jail on Friday investigating a possible criminal civil rights violation committed against Mr. Zicarelli by the Police Chief of Greenwood,” Porto said.

He did not provide details regarding how Chief Hallgrimson allegedly violated the attempted murderer’s civil rights.

Chief Hallgrimson was placed on administrative leave by the Greenwood Board of Aldermen on Dec. 26, 2018.

The city refused to disclose a reason for his suspension, and said it was a personnel matter, The Kansas City Star reported.

His attorney has told him not to discuss the case at this time, Chief Hallgrimson told the paper on Monday.

Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker requested the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) assistance per a 2015 memorandum of understanding (MOU) agreement, she said.

“The MOU that we have was triggered on this case,” Peters Baker confirmed. “The MOU is when we have use of force incidents in order to review that we all notify each and then figure out what is the right path and who has the better case, if there is a case and who should proceed. Everybody is doing a review.”
Why not 1st degree attempted murder? Clearly the MFer took a swing at Chief... I saw it... I will testify.

I've never seen a solar powered jet airplane or freight train. How big of a sail would it take to move a container ship across the ocean?
you understand how narrow minded that statement is right??
Because you have never seen it, it is not viable?
140 years ago, no one had ever seen a vehicle (wagon/stage coach) go down the road with out an animal pulling it,
140 years ago, everyone used candles why invent the light bulb?
What happened to all the wagon wheel manufactures? candle makers?
I would say America was built on the "it can't be done" being done. The world in always changing, adapt or become extinct.
there may never be a solar powered plane, but to make the statement you made means they should never ever try. That no improvement in efficiency should investigated.
DOS was a computer language that worked, why the hell did someone have to invent "Windows" and a mouse?

Reactions: el-wood and canman
140 years ago, no one had ever seen a vehicle (wagon/stage coach) go down the road with out an animal pulling it,
I would say America was built on the "it can't be done" being done. The world in always changing, adapt or become extinct.
there may never be a solar powered plane, but to make the statement you made means they should never ever try. That no improvement in efficiency should investigated.
DOS was a computer language that worked, why the hell did someone have to invent "Windows" and a mouse?

Maybe AOC's plan will be viable in 140 years.

Skookum said:
I've never seen a solar powered jet airplane or freight train. How big of a sail would it take to move a container ship across the ocean?

i dont think you guys mean it this way but no one is questioning that tech and innovation come at random times most of which are beyond the "rational though" of the common person.

i flip it (part of my job is forward planing and innovation/efficiency, so im more of the "can do" then the "why we cant" kind of person), but "the green new deal" would be a putting the mandate in place before the logistics and implementation (never mind the tech and manufacturing of that tech) are ready. birds eye view and its a great idea, no more pollution and its byproducts etc.

lets call it obama care but for energy...howd that work out.

i believe the next "big" energy revolution is the solid state battery. more power, less heat possible game changer in the stored energy sector.

side note, i remember reading a article about a shipping company maybe Mersk doing the numbers for sails on containers to save on fuel, ill try to find it in my old operations research notes.

about 25 years ago one plan was to replace one jet engine (on a 2 engine passenger jet) with a prop.

they math said that fuel efficiency might be possible but replaced with longer flight times, which would need more jets in the air to move the same amount of people. i forget the outcome but since it never happened im guessing it wansnt good enough etc.

Could be, either way I am sure in 140 years the tech will be amazing.
i believe the next "big" energy revolution is the solid state battery. more power, less heat possible game changer in the stored energy sector.
Yea battery tech is where advancements are focused.
I did not mean to come off as a dick. I will give another example.
Lets take coal. Coal is dying tech, that is a fact. Coal's peak was in 1997 I believe. Better alternatives have come about. The only thing coal has to offer is jobs. And as I told my father when he brought it up, no one cared about the candle maker going out of business when the light bulb was invented.

Right now electric car won't work for me, but I can see it in a city environment where trips are shorter. Cities are where cars replaced horses first, same with electricity and cell phones. It takes a generation or two for change to happen. I imagine my great grand children will not know what an internal combustion engine is.
At the rate I purchase vehicles (about every 15 years), it would not surprise me if my next one is electric, possibly self driving also. I need 800 mile range, or 400 mile range with 15-20 min charge time or both.

When people bitch about cars and pollution I answer with, "can you imagine how much horse shit would be around if all these cars were horse drawn, can you imagine how dirty our water would be". That always shuts them up. I imagine the replacement to the internal combustion engine will have a different type of "pollution" probably solid matter.

I understand the reluctance to change, but change will happen.

Lets take coal. Coal is dying tech, that is a fact. Coal's peak was in 1997 I believe. Better alternatives have come about. The only thing coal has to offer is jobs. And as I told my father when he brought it up, no one cared about the candle maker going out of business when the light bulb was invented.

Right now electric car won't work for me, but I can see it in a city environment where trips are shorter. Cities are where cars replaced horses first, same with electricity and cell phones. It takes a generation or two for change to happen. I imagine my great grand children will not know what an internal combustion engine is.
At the rate I purchase vehicles (about every 15 years), it would not surprise me if my next one is electric, possibly self driving also. I need 800 mile range, or 400 mile range with 15-20 min charge time or both.

When people bitch about cars and pollution I answer with, "can you imagine how much horse shit would be around if all these cars were horse drawn, can you imagine how dirty our water would be". That always shuts them up. I imagine the replacement to the internal combustion engine will have a different type of "pollution" probably solid matter.

Government mandated innovation? Worked so well for the Soviets... much better that our dumb old markets... I guess that’s why the USSR buried us and they’re the sole superpower. RIP USA.
5F5A6F6E-CEF1-4729-BC65-95601F20BAFB.jpeg

Change towards energy efficiency and more use of renewable sources obviously should be the plan and I don't know how long it should take, but your 140 years is probably much more reasonable than AOC's bullshit. Maybe somewhere in the middle?

... but "the green new deal" would be a putting the mandate in place before the logistics and implementation (never mind the tech and manufacturing of that tech) are ready.

Bingo!

Looking ahead and not being the buggy whip maker is understandable.
These ideas/innovations should lead the change as they come, not be government mandated.
If one checks the electric cars used today are being powered by coal/steam generation frequently.

R

Reactions: abizdafuzz
There is no other substance on earth that has as much READY AVAILABLE and accessible potential energy as fossil fuels. I think we have learned enough about chemistry to say that with confidence.

There may be a solution out there, fusion maybe, if we can get it figured out. But wind and solar are not it, and never will be.

We could use another 20 or so nuclear power plants, but it won't happen.

Skookum, we don't have to restrict ourselves to fossil fuels just because they are readily available and accessible. It's worth putting part of our money into other options since fossil fuel reserves are finite and apparently, our population growth will never stop.

That jagoff’s car looks poised for someone to help him through the first half of an oil change.

Saw this when I scrolled down. I like the way you think.
What you do is unscrew the oil drain plug and then quickly jam a candle in. Use a low melt point one like bees wax.

Everything thing is normal, no low oil light, no puddle on the ground..... till there’re well on their way down the road. Oil heats up melts the wax while under mild load bopping down the highway.... ?

David.

Where will the electricity to charge the cars come from? Nuclear? Hydro electric? Are the tree huggers letting us build more of either?

All that charging requires an electrical grid. Ours is already over taxed and crumbling. When does that get fixed?

Driving an electric car just removes the operator from the source of the pollution. The total amount is the same. It just gives the driver the illusion they are accomplishing something.

And I have to pay $5 for someone to recycle my easily recyclable lead acid battery. What's going to happen with 10 million highly toxic electric car batteries that weigh 500 lbs a piece?

im a huge fan of nuclear, hell the navy has been doing it without carriers melting down for a long time.
the only issue i have is personal, im on the east coast.
the wind blows east...something goes wrong the northeast of the USA is usually on the short end of the stick.

the more i think about it, maybe ill move to the north west and hope for a mess....wipe out 2/3 of the population that is causing 90% of the problems.

Skookum, we don't have to restrict ourselves to fossil fuels just because they are readily available and accessible. It's worth putting part of our money into other options since fossil fuel reserves are finite and apparently, our population growth will never stop.
Helium3/fusion could be a source.
I think we've poured plenty into alternatives and most are dead ends.
Coal should be used now/cleanly as we are sitting on a ocean in these parts.
Cheap power is a requirement of a strong economy.
They've contolled the price at their benefit and this is why they'll do everything in their power to keep the game in their hands.
I remember "running out of gas/oil" in the early 70's.
The direction of many world governments will throttle the population growth in our lifetimes I'll wager.

R

Ok, I'm with you in spirit, but I'm a pragmatist. Say you have 10,000 tons of freight to move from Georgia to Idaho. Name one single possiblity of getting it there without using any fossil fuel. No gas or diesel, and no coal fired power plants.

What's the plan?

Side note: The US is already the least polluting 1st world nation on the planet. India and China and the like are responsible for the lion's share of the total worldwide. So even if we do find a solution, do we give it away and piss away our strategic edge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow we hit a nerve today. I have shit to do so rather than quote 5 posts I will make comments.
@rther coal power peak was 1995-97 with about 60% of electricity production, currently only about 22% of electricity is from coal. Coal is getting replaced mostly by nautral gas but more and more with wind/wave/ solar

I never said anything about government mandates. Not a fan.

I am a fan of Nuclear, and in fact Bill Gates said last week he would invest 1 billion in nuclear if the government would let him. Nuclear has pollution but it can be controlled and kept out of the air and water. The 3 major incidents 3 mile island, Chernobyl, Fucashima, were all human error (dumb asses in Japan should have shut the reactor down when the earthquake happened and not waited for the tidal wave).

@Skookum you don't pay for your battery to be recycled. You pay a deposit and get it back when you bring your old battery back. That type of system has been in use for years. When coke was sold in glass bottles there was a deposit you paid on those.
The first cars were a novelty, and horse owners just laughed at them. Change will come. Batteries will be recycled. I fully support having a plan in place to deal with the disposal of products ALL products. Plan should be made before disposal becomes a huge issue.

Really going to go with Windows as your argument about good tech?

There are laws in physics. The wind only blows so hard, the sun only so bright- and neither on demand. That the Green Goblins want to get rid of nuclear at the same time shows their anti-science bias. Unless their 11 point is a perpetual motion machine, it ain't gonna work. OK, you could get the end goals to work in 10 years, but only if you destroy the economy, kill millions, and party like its 1850.