• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

osXHvyl.gif

Reactions: Mike 556 and Fig
Wow we hit a nerve today. I have shit to do so rather than quote 5 posts I will make comments.
@rther coal power peak was 1995-97 with about 60% of electricity production, currently only about 22% of electricity is from coal. Coal is getting replaced mostly by nautral gas but more and more with wind/wave/ solar

I never said anything about government mandates. Not a fan.

I am a fan of Nuclear, and in fact Bill Gates said last week he would invest 1 billion in nuclear if the government would let him. Nuclear has pollution but it can be controlled and kept out of the air and water. The 3 major incidents 3 mile island, Chernobyl, Fucashima, were all human error (dumb asses in Japan should have shut the reactor down when the earthquake happened and not waited for the tidal wave).

@Skookum you don't pay for your battery to be recycled. You pay a deposit and get it back when you bring your old battery back. That type of system has been in use for years. When coke was sold in glass bottles there was a deposit you paid on those.
The first cars were a novelty, and horse owners just laughed at them. Change will come. Batteries will be recycled. I fully support having a plan in place to deal with the disposal of products ALL products. Plan should be made before disposal becomes a huge issue.
1549646079194.jpeg

Really going to go with Windows as your argument about good tech?

There are laws in physics. The wind only blows so hard, the sun only so bright- and neither on demand. That the Green Goblins want to get rid of nuclear at the same time shows their anti-science bias. Unless their 11 point is a perpetual motion machine, it ain't gonna work. OK, you could get the end goals to work in 10 years, but only if you destroy the economy, kill millions, and party like its 1850.
1549646139197.jpeg

Reactions: 1J04
Really going to go with Windows as your argument about good tech?

There are laws in physics. The wind only blows so hard, the sun only so bright- and neither on demand. That the Green Goblins want to get rid of nuclear at the same time shows their anti-science bias. Unless their 11 point is a perpetual motion machine, it ain't gonna work. OK, you could get the end goals to work in 10 years, but only if you destroy the economy, kill millions, and party like its 1850.
you telling me you are viewing this forum on a DOS system? Windows type systems are the norm today. Like a carburetor, I don't know anyone who would dump EFI for a carb now a days, but 35 years ago, a lot of EFI systems went in the trash at the slightest hiccup.

Looking ahead and not being the buggy whip maker is understandable.
These ideas/innovations should lead the change as they come, not be government mandated.
If one checks the electric cars used today are being powered by coal/steam generation frequently.

R
Yes. Current electric cars are net wasters of energy and less efficient than gas power. But it makes people feel good, and that’s what is important right?

Edit: whelp! Guess I shoulda-woulda-coulda read the rest before responding. Ahh, well...

Last edited:
Could be, either way I am sure in 140 years the tech will be amazing.

Yea battery tech is where advancements are focused.
I did not mean to come off as a dick. I will give another example.
Lets take coal. Coal is dying tech, that is a fact. Coal's peak was in 1997 I believe. Better alternatives have come about. The only thing coal has to offer is jobs. And as I told my father when he brought it up, no one cared about the candle maker going out of business when the light bulb was invented.

Right now electric car won't work for me, but I can see it in a city environment where trips are shorter. Cities are where cars replaced horses first, same with electricity and cell phones. It takes a generation or two for change to happen. I imagine my great grand children will not know what an internal combustion engine is.
At the rate I purchase vehicles (about every 15 years), it would not surprise me if my next one is electric, possibly self driving also. I need 800 mile range, or 400 mile range with 15-20 min charge time or both.

When people bitch about cars and pollution I answer with, "can you imagine how much horse shit would be around if all these cars were horse drawn, can you imagine how dirty our water would be". That always shuts them up. I imagine the replacement to the internal combustion engine will have a different type of "pollution" probably solid matter.

I understand the reluctance to change, but change will happen.

how do u propose to run the electric plants? how about the factories to produce batteries, tires, bodies of the cars even if they're made of plastic? The bases of almost everything u own starts with oil and coal.

What's the plan?

The plan is to use fossil where we must and try to grow non-fossil energy sources through investment into infrastructure and R&D.

Side note: The US is already the least polluting 1st world nation on the planet. India and China and the like are responsible for the lion's share of the total worldwide. So even if we do find a solution, do we give it away and piss away our strategic edge?

You don't have to always lose when you clean up a process. It's actually possible to turn waste into source and make a little $ along the way. The key is to focus on process engineering to cut waste processing cost and exposure.

And before Dirty D causes the thread to experience terminal ass-sag, I'll add a couple of photos that are motivational to me at least:

34422632_2104350266556267_1698440771344007168_n.jpg

Funny-Democrat-Meme-11.jpg

Albert-Einstein-Quotes-About-Success-1.jpg

2b63e99574ed186ed5a6eea6dc93e1fd--lol-so-true-motivational-thoughts.jpg

article-0-041778A6000005DC-509_960x564.jpg

6a00d8341bfadb53ef01116839af67970c-640wi.jpg

John Deere was running a special
Lets not kill this thread

The last thread got accidentally deleted while trying to clean-up some moron's inappropriate post. So, let's give this one a fighting chance:

- No naked crotch pics
- No Politics
- No religious stuff

The Motivational Pic Thread is dead; Long Live the Motivational Pic Thread v2.0!!!