• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

funny-animals-5-4.jpg

My next door neighbors are from Hong Kong....
The wife drives down the left sidewalk for half a block before getting on the right side of the road.

They’ve been here for 20 years.
My sister ( not Asian) left handed and the WORST ADHD on earth moved with husband years ago to England
Somehow managed to drive on the left with out a problem, visit home in US, switch to R , and back to left on return to England for 10 years.

My sister ( not Asian) left handed and the WORST ADHD on earth moved with husband years ago to England
Somehow managed to drive on the left with out a problem, visit home in US, switch to R , and back to left on return to England for 10 years.
It's easy.
Just line the drivers side A pillar up with the center line of the road. Intersections were where I would get f'd up until I worked that out.
Occasionally I'd try to change gear with the window winder, but auto's and electric window regulators have fixed that issue.

It's easy.
Just line the drivers side A pillar up with the center line of the road. Intersections were where I would get f'd up until I worked that out.
Occasionally I'd try to change gear with the window winder, but auto's and electric window regulators have fixed that issue.
or remember......... steering wheel goes next to stripe in road (for the most part)

While living overseas in the UK, the Brits were really friendly towards our minivan full of yanks, they all waved, flashed their lights and a few even pulled over, but only after we existed traffic circles. Go figure.

It's easy.

You never turned on the wipers to signal a turn...or get in the passenger side to drive?

Reactions: Barneybdb
If anyone says "no", they are lying.
Told the guy I was traveling with about my dad telling the story about him using the wipers to signal turns as we were standing in line to rent the van/bus. Then I used the wipers twice before I even left the lot. Manual transmission on the floor so shifting with my left hand was a challenge, as were any and all roundabouts.

Arrived in London once and my hosts had a car and driver waiting for me. As we went out to the car I headed for what I knew to be the passenger side. As I opened the door and noticed a driver's wheel, the driver politely said, "If you don't mind, I thought I would drive today."

Took a trip to the Bahamas with my parents when I was a teen, and while they drove on the left they had US-standard cars with the wheel on the left. That puts the driver all the way at the shoulder. I was riding in the passenger seat of the cab and the cabbie kept swerving out into the oncoming traffic and asking ME if any cars were coming so he could pass.

Told the guy I was traveling with about my dad telling the story about him using the wipers to signal turns as we were standing in line to rent the van/bus. Then I used the wipers twice before I even left the lot. Manual transmission on the floor so shifting with my left hand was a challenge, as were any and all roundabouts.

Arrived in London once and my hosts had a car and driver waiting for me. As we went out to the car I headed for what I knew to be the passenger side. As I opened the door and noticed a driver's wheel, the driver politely said, "If you don't mind, I thought I would drive today."

Took a trip to the Bahamas with my parents when I was a teen, and while they drove on the left they had US-standard cars with the wheel on the left. That puts the driver all the way at the shoulder. I was riding in the passenger seat of the cab and the cabbie kept swerving out into the oncoming traffic and asking ME if any cars were coming so he could pass.
It was an interesting two years in Okinawa for me. Our work (military) trucks were all full size 1500 line trucks...so we drove on the wrong side of the vehicle all day, then jump in our POV's with steering and controls on the right side.

Coming back to the States was more of a challenge though. I lost my wallet while I was there, forgot to take it out of my pocket and went scuba diving (or snorkeling can't remember). So, when I got back home on leave I needed to go get a new license, wasn't sure if I would have to take the test over, so my mom had me drive her vehicle while she pretended to be the test evaluator, every time I turned a corner I pulled directly into the left hand lane. Lucky for everyone, it was in the middle of no where South Dakota, and lucky for me they issued a new DL without needing to take the test.

If anyone says "no", they are lying.
Funny thing is when I visit family back in Australia with my wife, as I see my wife walking towards the wrong side of the car (either drivers or passengers), I don’t say a word and let her open the door. The face she’s makes and the words out of her mouth that follow are priceless.

It was an interesting two years in Okinawa for me. Our work (military) trucks were all full size 1500 line trucks...so we drove on the wrong side of the vehicle all day, then jump in our POV's with steering and controls on the right side.

Coming back to the States was more of a challenge though. I lost my wallet while I was there, forgot to take it out of my pocket and went scuba diving (or snorkeling can't remember). So, when I got back home on leave I needed to go get a new license, wasn't sure if I would have to take the test over, so my mom had me drive her vehicle while she pretended to be the test evaluator, every time I turned a corner I pulled directly into the left hand lane. Lucky for everyone, it was in the middle of no where South Dakota, and lucky for me they issued a new DL without needing to take the test.

Ellsworth?

+++ attention gear heads +++

So, I had heard rumors of "classic cars" being stored in a garage in my town. I had never seen anyone there until today. HOLY SHIT!

This guy had three Shelbys. I think they were 1968s (or very close). One GT 350, GT500 (428 cobra jet) , GT500KR convertible. Plus a 1973 Mach 1 (he's second owner, 39,000 original miles.) in addition to one other 1973 Mach1 and a few other very cool cars.

I didn't think it was cool to try and take pics but it was a motivational afternoon to say the least..

Mach 1
I didn't think it was cool to try and take pics but it was a motivational afternoon to say the least..
Most owners like people to take pics, wouldn't have hurt to ask. We have the largest monthly car show here, first Sunday of every month. Caffeine and Octane - apparently they have a TV show (I don't have TV). Everything from Ricers to Bugatti.

My daughter launching her uncle's Mach 1. She was still in high school at the time. I may have shared this before.
22339690_1335813933194279_2870968233864600071_o.jpg

ps.. see you're in Indiana. I bought my Stinger in Muncie. Flew up that morning, the dealer picked me up from the airport, and I drove it home thru the night. Took it to the drag strip that weekend.

My Stinger is faster than that Mach1. Both are "not stock"... :D

Last edited: