• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I was driving with a friend to Plumas, CA and started to get a weird feeling that I had been there before while we were still a ways out of town but I absolutely knew that I had never been to that part of CA and my friend asked me if anything looked familiar and I was confused AF but said yes. He told me that we were driving by the ranch that was the Ponderosa on TV.
Curious, because the Ponderosa, as in the show, was located on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe and for years was a tourist trap. You can't see it from the road. You'd have to park in the lot next to the highway then get a hay ride up the mountain to the studio lot where the town was also located.

00901F75-2D35-4198-812C-6522DD7C1922.gif

Whatcha doin in Nak Nek?
I had a part time job for about 2 weeks with Bristol Bay Contractors. I was a dock worker unloading the fishing boats.

I was stationed at King Salmon and I had some use or lose leave. I took a couple of weeks off and took advantage of the $20/hr BBC was paying....kind of a big deal for an E4 in 1992. That part time job funded a really nice Colt govt, a lefty R700, and got me set up for one helluva caribou/moose season.

There’s quite a few around still, or “newly” built. 321 as of 2 years ago according to the google.
I drive to work past the same one I went to a kid. Saw the original Star Wars there. I think they make their money, now, running a flea market four days a week. But they still play current box office films at night. The drive in long outlasted the indoor theaters that were on the same property.

Reactions: akmike47 and lash
I had a part time job for about 2 weeks with Bristol Bay Contractors. I was a dock worker unloading the fishing boats.

I was stationed at King Salmon and I had some use or lose leave. I took a couple of weeks off and took advantage of the $20/hr BBC was paying....kind of a big deal for an E4 in 1992. That part time job funded a really nice Colt govt, a lefty R700, and got me set up for one helluva caribou/moose season.
I worked on the MV Snowpack, in Bristol Bay, one summer. Worst job I've ever had, lol. I've had dome doozies, too.

Reactions: Barneybdb
When I was based at George AFB in the mid 80s the Air Force pilots from Beale would come down to George and do long straight in approach’s always chased by a T38 operating as a safety observer.

By contrast, the Lockheed pilots would fly the SRs that had been in depot maintenance over at Palmdale and would beat up the overhead pattern single ship. Saw it happen many times, something to behold.

Don’t know where that was taken at but I don’t think it was George.
Not a real picture, in that it was taken from a video game, that’s where.

Reactions: akmike47
Good times, 1981, and 1984
I was there first in 1977/78 and then from 1985 through 2019, First as a Marine and then as Civil Service. To save you doing the math...that's 35 years.

To be accurate I did have a few years where I was geo-bach'ing it elsewhere and/or deployed but my family was there the whole time. Grandson was born in the old hospital (now the HR building) on Base.

We would have spent the rest of our lives there but CA went full retard, so we left for a log house on 72 acres in rural NE AZ.

d6f3liu.jpg