• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1665745676_da_05.jpg

Maybe not motivational to some, but to those shooting in less than ideal conditions, know that a good scope won’t let you down even if it gets a bit dirty. Now selling as NIB! 🤣🤣

View attachment 7978634
Ok, serious question.
This happens. We all know it.
I have a lens brush with the little air bladder.
So does one first clear with air or brush this off? I have noted that the puny little puff of air from the brush thingy often doesn’t move a few sticky grains of sand. Higher pressure, like from my shop compressor?
I’ve also tried a mini vac. Meh.
How say you?
1666105707342.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, serious question.
This happens. We all know it.
I have a lens brush with the little air bladder.
So does one first clear with air or brush this off? I have noted that the puny little puff of air from the brush thingy often doesn’t move a few sticky grains of sand. Higher pressure, like from my shop compressor?
I’ve also tried a mini vac. Meh.
How say you?
View attachment 7979016
Well I won’t pretend to be an expert, but for what it’s worth. In this case I started with a blow off nozzle on my air hose that concentrates some lower pressure air into a stream of air. That removed a good bit of it. Then I used a soft chip brush to gently remove the rest of the particles without scratching the lens.

1666109215858.jpeg